KHL Season 2017/18

hansomreiste

Sep 23, 2015
Ankara
Gotta start betting against SKA gonna get some good odds for their losses. There has to be an off game after a while.

As a professional tipster, I would have to advise against this. Of course, I'm talking about betting against SKA in a series of games and not trying a single bet for fun. Odds in ice hockey are not high enough to justify a prolonged commitment. Take the upcoming Sochi game, for example. Even if SKA fails to win, you got two ways for that: in overtime or in regulation, which are both priced at around 9 to 1. So, it is likely that SKA may fall down yet you still lose the bet. If you want to be safe, backing both options, then possible profit stands at only around 4.5 to 1. So even if you go for the "safest surprise", you don't have more than three shots, at the end of which the amont you would win won't be anything spectacular anyways. It also has to be kept in mind that many odds will not be as high as they are with Sochi. For example, the next game, against Salavat Yulaev at home, prices SKA loss only at 6.90, melting to 3.50 when backing both scenarios. They'll get even worse when SKA goes on away trip, getting small cuts with every win SKA adds to their perfect string of results.

All in all, one-shot try may yield some results if you're lucky but it is almost certain that this SKA team will make you lose money if you commit for a regular betting strategy. Moroever, I honestly see no reason why they would lose in near future. Sure, sooner or later, they will slip; but the fact that they've won eighteen consecutive games is never a sign of that. Why not twenty-two or twenty-five? At the moment, they don't care about point differential, yet still keep winning. The roster is so deep that whoever you ice, he will find a way to be motivated and still be good enough to win games.

aonb

Oct 26, 2013
2 W's in a row.... My boys are pampering me!

Congrats, Amur team is one of my favourites in KHL as well (Ushenin's brothers, Byvaltsev, grandpa Frolov), but to be honest, Magnita's D is so so dreadful this season.

CPFC

Sep 12, 2004
All streaks end sometime and today it was SKA's time. Awesome match by the Sochi goalie. Now let's see how far Jokerit can go.

aonb

Oct 26, 2013
In case of this ridiculous streak, you starts to wonder if they lost because they were just worse hockey team (normal thing in sport, right?) and Shikin was a beast, or they lost because.. you know. Its strange. They could lose to Ufa, Kazan or Jokerit (3 of 4 games from this homestand), or in the past (CSKA, Magnitka, Loko) but were beaten by average Sochi team. The same Sochi team lost at home to Yugra (2:3), and Omsk (0:6). To be clear, I'm not trying to prove anything, I'm far from creating some kind of theories of conspiracy. I just wanna show how incredibly stupid was this streak and why it shouldn't even happen in second best league of hockey. It only leads to pointless speculations.

jaco

Oct 21, 2011
Varnakov scores a double (plus the SO winner) against his former team (and these are his first goals this season).... God is a KHL fan...

jaco

Oct 21, 2011
Wow.... Even if they won't bring it home. I'm proud of my boys...

But they did.... Metsola was not at his top until now, but today he won it for us

Last edited:

Go Donbass

Sep 27, 2013
Vinnitsa, Ukraine
Great night in the K tonight. Nizhnekamsk just beat Dynamo Moscow in Moscow 4-2. Cherepovets were 3-0 down after 20 minutes to Loko and have come back to tie it 5-5 in the third, and Ak Bars are tied 2-2 late in the third with SKA.

MaximusT

Dec 5, 2008
Can someone explain to me what is going on at CSKA? I was reading an interview with Kucherov where they asked him what he thought was going on with his former team and why it was such a crowded press box. Does it have to do with the fact that they went on a signing spree this past offseason picking up a bunch of ex-NHL guys and now don't have any room in the line up for them?

Go Donbass

Sep 27, 2013
Vinnitsa, Ukraine
Ak Bars win in OT to hand SKA their second loss of the year, although they haven't lost in regulation yet.

Kovy got a holding penalty in the OT which lead to the Ak Bars goal. When the ref called the penalty, Kovy argued it, and I laughed cuz in live action it looked like he tackled the Ak Bars player who may have had a breakaway. But when you look at the replay, it's pretty clear that the Ak Bars player is pinning Kovy's arm to his body and at the right moment takes a dive, to get the penalty call.

Cherepovets and Loko going to OT tied at 5.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Ak Bars win in OT to hand SKA their second loss of the year, although they haven't lost in regulation yet.

Kovy got a holding penalty in the OT which lead to the Ak Bars goal. When the ref called the penalty, Kovy argued it, and I laughed cuz in live action it looked like he tackled the Ak Bars player who may have had a breakaway. But when you look at the replay, it's pretty clear that the Ak Bars player is pinning Kovy's arm to his body and at the right moment takes a dive, to get

You what?:laugh:

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Can someone explain to me what is going on at CSKA? I was reading an interview with Kucherov where they asked him what he thought was going on with his former team and why it was such a crowded press box. Does it have to do with the fact that they went on a signing spree this past offseason picking up a bunch of ex-NHL guys and now don't have any room in the line up for them?
Basically yes. They have 6 full 5 man units they have to play somehow. Doesn't have to do with ex-NHLers. They signed everyone they could get their hands on. Everybody in the league excluding SKA who do the same got some popcorn and wait to see how it unfolds. It is silly, but they literally have to sit everybody at some point to give their players some playing time. Their top scorers go to thw box for 1-2 games just like everybody else.

Go Donbass

Sep 27, 2013
Vinnitsa, Ukraine
Basically yes. They have 6 full 5 man units they have to play somehow. Doesn't have to do with ex-NHLers. They signed everyone they could get their hands on. Everybody in the league excluding SKA who do the same got some popcorn and wait to see how it unfolds. It is silly, but they literally have to sit everybody at some point to give their players some playing time. Their top scorers go to thw box for 1-2 games just like everybody else.

I've been saying for awhile now, the league doesn't need a salary cap to be more competitive, it just needs actual roster limits. You can't have 2 teams stockpiling every player they can get their hands on, and expect anyone else to be competitive.

The other thing that would help, and I think will ultimately need to happen if you are going to seriously attract teams from western Europe and the Far East, is to get rid of the interlocking schedule. In the regular season and playoffs, east plays east and west plays west, and the Gagarin Cup is the only time the twain shall meet. If teams didn't have to spend a kajillion dollars every year travelling all over Russia's 9000 time zones, they'd have a lot more money to spend on players.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
They plan to change a schedule´s structure, I guess more games within a conference, less or none travelling to opposite conference. But this happens after all contractions/substitutions, so 2021/22 I guess.

aonb

Oct 26, 2013
Guys, have some strange problem on khl.ru
I mean video highlights from games. Idk why but buffering is not working properly. Like 3 seconds of video, then 4-5 next seconds on buffering, no fluency at all, its impossible to watch. Never had this kind of problem before (it lasts from about 4 days). Any ideas? Btw, is there a different place to watch highlights?

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
You c
I mean video highlights from games. Idk why but buffering is not working properly. Like 3 seconds of video, then 4-5 next seconds on buffering, no fluency at all, its impossible to watch. Never had this kind of problem before (it lasts from about 4 days). Any ideas? Btw, is there a different place to watch highlights?
You can switch between the new and the old player(top right of the player window). That might help.

Also try to set the quality manually. Maybe the dam' thing gets caught up in adjusting the quality automatically and tries to rebuffer all the time.

Not happy at all this season withe whole players situation too.

Reactions: aonb

Go Donbass

Sep 27, 2013
Vinnitsa, Ukraine

Highlights of every televised game are on Youtube. There is also a daily highlight package called Daily KHL Update. It's in English. I'm posting a link to the October 14th video.

Reactions: aonb and Rigafan

Go Donbass

Sep 27, 2013
Vinnitsa, Ukraine
They plan to change a schedule´s structure, I guess more games within a conference, less or none travelling to opposite conference. But this happens after all contractions/substitutions, so 2021/22 I guess.

Probably wouldn't have to axe so many teams if they did it now, and it would certainly go a long ways to making teams like Amur and Admiral more competitive.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
Anyone know why Kunlun is the home team for a game against Traktor that's being played in Chelyabinsk?
This game was planned in Shanghai, but because of the Party event on arena, Kunlun wanted to play a few "home" games on ice of opponent (vs Traktor, Lada, Magnitka). So the KHL re-schedulled it, games to be played on ice of opponent. Within a day or so, Kunlun informed the league, that these games can be played in Shanghai. But, Traktor sold tickets for this game ... both sides agreed that this game will be played in Chelyabinsk. Rest of reschedulled games were played in Shanghai.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad