KHL Contraction Part I (Mod Warning - Post #15)

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Would seem extremely pointless from either side. Dinamo "Riga" playing in Moscow, with mostly (if not all) Russian players and target of hate to Latvian people? If anything, that would serve to completely kill Dinamo Riga as a brand and ensure it never ever returns to Riga and its legacy from the USSR days when it actually stood for something is destroyed.

Reactions: Rigafan and Jussi

Rigafan

Jul 28, 2016
Europe
Would seem extremely pointless from either side. Dinamo "Riga" playing in Moscow, with mostly (if not all) Russian players and target of hate to Latvian people? If anything, that would serve to completely kill Dinamo Riga as a brand and ensure it never ever returns to Riga and its legacy from the USSR days when it actually stood for something is destroyed.
Exactly what I was thinking. I hope it doesn't happen and most likely won't. Just it's an interesting "loophole" in the new ruling.

Exarz

Jan 1, 2014
Helsinki

I guess this makes it official, neither Jokerit nor Dinamo Riga sent in an application for the upcoming season.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House

I guess this makes it official, neither Jokerit nor Dinamo Riga sent in an application for the upcoming season.
CEO Sami Kauhanen also confirmed Jokerit are leaving KHL.

Reactions: Exarz

Rigafan

Jul 28, 2016
Europe

And from what I can tell, not one statement from Rīga yet on the future of the team? Interesting times.

Rigafan

Jul 28, 2016
Europe
According to Ilta-Sanomat news in Finland and reported by Championat in Russia, Jokerit have been told they must pay their KHL contract debts owed to several Finnish coaches before they are accepted into the Finnish system.

The debts total around €125,000.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad