KHL Contraction Part I (Mod Warning - Post #15)

loppa*

Wait, Rubin is not in the league, expansion talk in a contraction topic??

loppa*

http://www.hokej.cz/z-khl-do-ebel-v-rakousku-se-mluvi-o-zajmu-slovanu-a-zahrebu/5005214

via google translate:

The KHL EBEL do? In Austria, talks about the interest of Slavs and Zagreb

They fight on the Russian front, Continental league play, but nobody knows if they will survive the coming season. Slovan Bratislava and Zagreb MedveÅ¡čak Anyway, now addresses the future of which is in a way i could go in another direction. Specifically, Austria. The local web hockey-news.info speculated that the teams (or one of them) could play next year's international EBEL, in which Czech hockey representing Orli Znojmo from.

Similar considerations supported by the fact that, especially lately Slovan has financial difficulties. The club owed players already last season, delayed wages was also true in that this year. Effect of European representatives in the KHL further complicated by the economic sanctions of the United States and the European Union on Russia, do not add slumps rate of the ruble against other currencies.

Another question is, how will the composition of the participants for the KHL next season. The new president Dmitry league ČerniÅ¡enko is declared that the main focus will be on traditional Russian teams. Strong sponsors to help revamp Spartak Moskva, interest is mainly about that were stable home partitions. Abroad worth bosses Continental League solely on traditional hockey bastion.

The last mention about Slovan completely does not apply, however, question marks generally persist. Representatives of the Slovak elite club, however, to speculate on contacts with EBEL silent. "We play KHL and staying there is our priority. We will do everything for it," said general manager MaroÅ¡ Krajči.

Behind the scenes with talking about the owners Slovan act on the entry of a strong Russian investor. Tthe security next season already for quite some time. Information about EBEL not lead to an impasse. Although, who knows. If Slovan resigned from the Russian league, he needed somewhere to play. And its leaders had earlier declared that they do not intend to return to the Slovak extraligy, from which the club appeared after the year 2011-12

Austrian EBEL could be much more interested in Zagreb. Croatian club in the competition already worked during the years 2009-2013, has great potential fans. Austrian league places considerably less than the economic requirements of the KHL. The starting field EBEL 2015-16 will be clear in April, should continue all twelve members today.

According to Austrian media play accession of a club (that Zagreb?), But the interest is elsewhere. Therefore reportedly not ruled out expansion to 14 teams, which candidates must meet standard requirements leagues including financial bail.

loppa*

http://tass.ru/sport/1739194
so, slovan is out for the next season it seems. who's next? riga, medvescak, atlant?..

Ah. :/ Well, if that is so then that is too bad indeed. Lets be opstimistic, maybe they might scrap something together. But on the other hand... lets not be blind optimists, and lets learn something from Jussi - that constructive realistic criticism is a necessary awakening call for some.

loppa*

Side note: if Slovan is indeed going to drop out, how can Medvescak stay? Wouldn't it make more sense for the Russians to divert Medvescak's funding to Slovan? Why let the better team drop out? The only reason I can think of is because both will drop out?

Ivan94

Jun 1, 2013
Germany
Side note: if Slovan is indeed going to drop out, how can Medvescak stay? Wouldn't it make more sense for the Russians to divert Medvescak's funding to Slovan? Why let the better team drop out? The only reason I can think of is because both will drop out?

how do you define better?

if you refer to your personal fantasies (like most of your statements), of course you won't have to answer this question.

punchonico99

Jan 2, 2014
Quebec
Wasn't it confirmed on Medvescak thread that they will stay for next season?

Slovan's (most likely) departure is certainly part of Chernysenko's KHL stabilization plan. Unfortunatey Slovan are not able to sustain a decent team without Russian money.

Although I must say they don't seem able to sustain a decent team with the Russian money either, look at their current roster, it surely isn't a KHL calibre team. I would say the same thing about Medvescak.

Now let's hope that no other departures will be announced, but if there is, let's hope it's Russian teams (Yugra, Kuznya, Vityaz...) because there really is too much of these kind of teams in the league.

loppa*

how do you define better?

if you refer to your personal fantasies (like most of your statements), of course you won't have to answer this question.

Though most of its history they are always ranked higher than Medvescak in almost every way that one can look at. All yugoslav teams are lower tier teams. On top of that, Medvescak's team is entirely comprised of non-domestic players.

loppa*

The previous post took me 20 minutes to post, mainly due to distractions. :/

Wasn't it confirmed on Medvescak thread that they will stay for next season?

Slovan's (most likely) departure is certainly part of Chernysenko's KHL stabilization plan. Unfortunatey Slovan are not able to sustain a decent team without Russian money.

Although I must say they don't seem able to sustain a decent team with the Russian money either, look at their current roster, it surely isn't a KHL calibre team. I would say the same thing about Medvescak.

Now let's hope that no other departures will be announced, but if there is, let's hope it's Russian teams (Yugra, Kuznya, Vityaz...) because there really is too much of these kind of teams in the league.

Mmm, but the thing is that Medvescak also can't sustain their team without Russian money. Why should one be favored and one not? It's not fair to Slovan if Medvescak gets lots of money for nothing, and they don't...

I do hope that there are other departures, or more like, to kick out yurga, atlant, and vityaz (but to add spartak)...

Ivan94

Jun 1, 2013
Germany
I think he means that Slovan has a bigger history, fanbase, stadium, etc. than Medvescak.

Slovan's departure would be way worse for KHL than if Medvescak left, obviously. Let's face the facts.

"better team" isn't a synonym for "richer history". The players are the team. the things you have listed are part of the club.

we don't have to disscuss about medvescak's team's better performance this and last season.

Though most of its history they are always ranked higher than Medvescak in almost every way that one can look at. All yugoslav teams are lower tier teams. On top of that, Medvescak's team is entirely comprised of non-domestic players.
Mmm, but the thing is that Medvescak also can't sustain their team without Russian money. Why should one be favored and one not? It's not fair to Slovan if Medvescak gets lots of money for nothing, and they don't...

I do hope that there are other departures, or more like, to kick out yurga, atlant, and vityaz (but to add spartak)...

they are the better and financially more efficient team at the moment. medvescak is therefore less "waste of russian money"

Last edited:

loppa*

Yeah, and Lev was supposed to play this season and then dropped out. I can totally see this happening with Medvescak, especially if the Russians reallocate designated money from Medvescak to Slovan.

Ivan94

Jun 1, 2013
Germany
Ok, and how do you want to move money from a sponsorship-deal with Gazprom which is signed for the next season?

loppa*

Ok, and how do you want to move money from a sponsorship-deal with Gazprom which is signed for the next season?

Sponsors can back out, just like they backed out with Lev. Keep in mind, I want both teams in the KHL next season. If Medvescak is able to attract some good Canadians, then maybe it might not be bad for them to be extended a little longer.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House

You do know that any deal signed with Russian businesses/companies can change overnight just like that? There's numerous Finnish companies from the last 5-10 years that can give you examples.

Ivan94

Jun 1, 2013
Germany
Sponsors can back out, just like they backed out with Lev. Keep in mind, I want both teams in the KHL next season. If Medvescak is able to attract some good Canadians, then maybe it might not be bad for them to be extended a little longer.

Lev's owner has dissolved the club. there was nothing with sponsors. medvescak has no russian owner.

Last edited:

Ivan94

Jun 1, 2013
Germany
Google Translate:

"Also Medvescak Zagreb newspapers reported to be in financial difficulty.

- I know more than many others. I can say for certain that MedveÅ¡čak nothing will hurt.

- MedveÅ¡čak have good sponsors and with them the good agreements, which I have seen. Medvescak will certainly continue."

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
Google Translate:

"Also Medvescak Zagreb newspapers reported to be in financial difficulty.

- I know more than many others. I can say for certain that MedveÅ¡čak nothing will hurt.

- MedveÅ¡čak have good sponsors and with them the good agreements, which I have seen. Medvescak will certainly continue."

Who said it? Can you give a link to croatian newspapers?

Btw, russian championat published interview with Gojanovic today. He said that Medvescak stays in league, Chernyshenko wants Medvescak in KHL. Rest of interview will be published tommorow.

http://www.championat.com/hockey/ne...yshal-chto-medveshchak-nezhelatelen-kkhl.html

Exarz

Jan 1, 2014
Helsinki
I hope that Medvescak stays in the league, it's good to have one or two "exotic" hockey places (in this case in Sochi and Zagreb)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad