KHL attendance 2014/2015

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
An okay attendance would at least be around the average attendance, and even though CSKA's attendance is embarrassing, they have plans on building a new arena. If Novokuznetsk has plans on building a new arena and market them self better, they're more than welcome staying in the league.
Novokuznetsk has plans, it doesn't have money :laugh:

I don't think the new CSKA arena will change much. They don't come close to selling out the current one, and IIRC the Bobrov Ice Palace (recently restyled, no?) is located better than the projected new one (correct me if I'm wrong, Moscow citizens). The attendance for such a cult name club with such a popular soccer brother, a wealthy owner and a stacked roster is just weird. Then again, I just point it out, not suggest to throw the club out of the league.

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
Is it the club of the city itself that doesn't have money for a new arena? Do you know how big the arena supposedly would be?

There was a talk of 8k seats arena, though no palpable project shown. Honestly, DSKM (Novokuznetsk arena) is large enough (7533 seats), its problem is that ~30% seats are pretty uncomfortable, and the entire stadium is a journey to the 1970s.

City definitely doesn't have money for a new arena, especially considering that Novokuznetsk is by far the most corrupted city in the region (and I wouldn't be surprised if in all of Siberia).
The club probably hasn't enough budget as well, but considering that Kuznya's general sponsor is a steel-making monster Evraz Group, it's basically a matter of interest of Evraz management.

Vicente

Jun 6, 2012
Cologne
Jokerit. 30 homegames done.

Total spectators: 327 972

Avg: 10932

That's the kind of expansion team you want to see in any league. Many enthusiastic supporters, quality hockey and overall increased interest in Jokerit and KHL. Well done. Wouldn't have thought they would make such an impact! :yo:

loppa*

It looks like Sochi has their highest attendance thus far this season... 11 064, the closest that they have been to a sell out.

ult

Sep 21, 2009
Yeah. And I remember countless people telling me that they will have 3000 ppl average attendance.

WJgFYX2L-6g.jpg

loppa*

Yeah. And I remember countless people telling me that they will have 3000 ppl average attendance.

Yeah, I don't like that rhetoric of fear and dismay.

Do they have any plans to change the logo or to get a different team name? That may increase the appeal of the club.

ult

Sep 21, 2009
Why would they have such plans? No. Nothing like that.

Sochi's average so far is 7568 viewers. They have 1 home game left against Lada.

loppa*

Why would they have such plans?

To make things better? The name as plain "HK Sochi" is a bit bland, all other teams in the league have some name. And the logo, well, it's not so appealing (though a number of logos are not also).

ult

Sep 21, 2009
Apparently they don't think this is the case, and the result so far has far exceeded their expectations, so I don't think they will change anything.

Exarz

Jan 1, 2014
Helsinki
I think the reason Sochi has such a high average is because of their low ticket prices. I think it was a good decision to make, just to get more fans to the arena. When they got a good fan base, they could just raise the ticket prices progressively.

If there's one thing Sochi should change with their jerseys, it would be changing the navy blue to black. It would look really sick with the logo!

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
Today is last game day of regular season and we have records here. It is 1st time when total KHL attendance during regular season exceeds 5 millions fans and average attendance is around 6 400 what is another record.

There are numbers from previous seasons and this season after 793 games.

jaco

Oct 21, 2011
Median would be better because some team had like <2000 spectators in games some times.

According to my calculator, the numbers are the following (after 831 games, 9 still to play today):

average: 6.425
median: 5.736

penepi

Jul 6, 2013
Bratislava
Ya, nice one. Almost as farewell to Višňovský and Sekera after end of the NHL lockout. I did almost cry then. :))

jaco

Oct 21, 2011
Overview after Regular Season

Overall average after 840 games: 6.422 (+6% compared to last year's regular season / 81% of average capacity)
Total attendance of RS: 5.394.436 people.

Highest overall: Minsk-Medvescak, Nov. 29, 15.086 (they reached this attendence also against other opponents, but this was the first time)
Lowest overall: Vityaz-Atlant, Dec. 01, 1.500
Highest increase in average attendance: Ak Bars +39% compared to last year's RS (6.708 vs. 4.830)
Highest decrease in average attendance: Medvescak -31% (5.369 vs. 7.828)

Conferences (420 games each):
West 7.282
East 5.562

Divisions (210 games each)
Bobrov 9.044
Tarasov 5.521
Kharlamov 5.284
Chernyshev 5.839

Team rankings (30 games each): see attached file

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
Ya, nice one. Almost as farewell to Višňovský and Sekera after end of the NHL lockout. I did almost cry then. :))

I almost felt like crying after seeing fans leaving the KHL behind in that vid. Great people. This is why Slovakia will never be done in hockey. Guys with heart as big as this will never quit. They'll come back no matter what and be the champions like at their best days.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad