KHL attendance 2014/2015

loppa*

WOOOOOowwww
Vityaz vs Slovan: Attendance: 1500

Ooouucchhh. Vityaz better leave after this season, along with Atlant.

Peter25

Sep 20, 2003
Visit site
WOOOOOowwww

Have to agree. Vityaz is a good hockey team but there is no excuse for this kind of attendance, especially when the team is playing well!

And they are talking about bringing back Spartak and Krylya! :shakehead

penepi

Jul 6, 2013
Bratislava
Have to agree. Vityaz is a good hockey team but there is no excuse for this kind of attendance, especially when the team is playing well!

And they are talking about bringing back Spartak and Krylya! :shakehead
Atop of that, there is no stream from Podolsk. Like they were playing on the lake.

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
who will develop all the players for us if Vityaz'/Atlant/Kuznya are gone???? Big clubs won't VHL isn't the same and frowned upon by junior talents...They will all run to CHL

Exarz

Jan 1, 2014
Helsinki
who will develop all the players for us if Vityaz'/Atlant/Kuznya are gone???? Big clubs won't VHL isn't the same and frowned upon by junior talents...They will all run to CHL

The better players would just go to the nearest KHL club?

Who would like to watch Vityaz and Kuznya with their poor attendance? I can accept Atlant as they have a overall okay average attendance, but the other two are just a pain in the *** for the league

Vicente

Jun 6, 2012
Cologne
WOOOOOowwww

Meanwhile 51,125 people watching a DEL hockey derby in Germany between Düsseldorf and Cologne who are both not even playing really well this season.

Don't get me wrong, guys. I like the KHL as an idea and the product is already nice - although the departure of Lev and Donbass was a pretty bad thing. But you really need to get rid of the bad apples. There is no excuse for having Vityaz play next year in this league. Or Spartak coming back.

In DEL we have teams from small towns like Villingen-Schwenningen, Straubing or Iserlohn that have higher attendance than Vityaz, CSKA or Spartak ever had.

Jonimaus

Jul 15, 2011
Lund
Meanwhile 51,125 people watching a DEL hockey derby in Germany between Düsseldorf and Cologne who are both not even playing really well this season.

Don't get me wrong, guys. I like the KHL as an idea and the product is already nice - although the departure of Lev and Donbass was a pretty bad thing. But you really need to get rid of the bad apples. There is no excuse for having Vityaz play next year in this league. Or Spartak coming back.

In DEL we have teams from small towns like Villingen-Schwenningen, Straubing or Iserlohn that have higher attendance than Vityaz, CSKA or Spartak ever had.

Dude, don't compare anything with gimmick games...

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
The better players would just go to the nearest KHL club?

Who would like to watch Vityaz and Kuznya with their poor attendance? I can accept Atlant as they have a overall okay average attendance, but the other two are just a pain in the *** for the league

I mean young players, they don't get PT on "the nearest KHL club", that's why they are traded (read: loaned) to those aforementioned teams.

Exarz

Jan 1, 2014
Helsinki
I mean young players, they don't get PT on "the nearest KHL club", that's why they are traded (read: loaned) to those aforementioned teams.

I can bet that the new **** clubs will take those players instead, don't worry

Raptor1990

May 21, 2013
Devínska Nová Ves

Slovan and Medvescak shall leave KHL, still the main investors of those clubs are russian.
And they should definitely donate and fund their own clubs anyway.

Spartak, Krilya come back.

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
Slovan and Medvescak shall leave KHL, still the main investors of those clubs are russian.
And they should definitely donate and fund their own clubs anyway.

Spartak, Krilya come back.

The soft Russian influence experiment is failing, yes. Sports-wise - there's little benefit from these clubs as well. I don't mind them, they bring different styles to the league, though. If they want to leave though, it's their right, but in my mind, no matter where they go from now, they won't be seeing such quality opponents as they are seeing today. [MOD]

Last edited by a moderator:

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex

Was that the game that was held in the Esprit Arena?

Yakushev72

Dec 27, 2010
I know the league has said that they won't artificially sustain franchises that can't support themselves, but if harder economic times require it, they might have to start bending that rule to keep key franchises in business. If Kuznya should drop out, that would hurt youth development in Siberia, but even worse, reduce the teams east of the Urals by 20%. That would really affect the economic viability of retaining teams in the Far East.

Urbanskog

Platinum Member
Feb 8, 2014
Helsinki
I know the league has said that they won't artificially sustain franchises that can't support themselves, but if harder economic times require it, they might have to start bending that rule to keep key franchises in business. If Kuznya should drop out, that would hurt youth development in Siberia, but even worse, reduce the teams east of the Urals by 20%. That would really affect the economic viability of retaining teams in the Far East.

Why does the region need a KHL team for hockey to develop there?

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
The soft Russian influence experiment is failing, yes. Sports-wise - there's little benefit from these clubs as well. I don't mind them, they bring different styles to the league, though. If they want to leave though, it's their right, but in my mind, no matter where they go from now, they won't be seeing such quality opponents as they are seeing today.

It's not that they want to leave, they're being forced to leave. The other by the league it seems and the other for financial reasons.

Last edited:

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House

Are they economically viable even now? Amur had issues last season already.

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow

What's your bar for okay attendance? Maybe KHL should get rid of CSKA too? Did you see their attendance in a 10 million city?

Kuznya's problem isn't the poor attendance, it's the poor play, low budget and a very old arena. Fixing only one of these problems, even to an extent, would raise the attendance heavily. When we were contending for playoffs a couple of years ago and had a bunch of very good and exciting players, there was a string of 6k+ games with sellouts (and the fans were extremely vocal and fun-having), but who's going for a game when the team is constantly terrible?

Leaving the KHL would indeed be an easier choice instead of building a new arena and working to get new spectators, but to say that Novokuznetsk can't fill a KHL arena is definitely wrong. Moscow wasn't built at once.

Exarz

Jan 1, 2014
Helsinki
What's your bar for okay attendance? Maybe KHL should get rid of CSKA too? Did you see their attendance in a 10 million city?

Kuznya's problem isn't the poor attendance, it's the poor play, low budget and a very old arena. Fixing only one of these problems, even to an extent, would raise the attendance heavily. When we were contending for playoffs a couple of years ago and had a bunch of very good and exciting players, there was a string of 6k+ games with sellouts (and the fans were extremely vocal and fun-having), but who's going for a game when the team is constantly terrible?

Leaving the KHL would indeed be an easier choice instead of building a new arena and working to get new spectators, but to say that Novokuznetsk can't fill a KHL arena is definitely wrong. Moscow wasn't built at once.

An okay attendance would at least be around the average attendance, and even though CSKA's attendance is embarrassing, they have plans on building a new arena. If Novokuznetsk has plans on building a new arena and market them self better, they're more than welcome staying in the league.

Yakushev72

Dec 27, 2010
Why does the region need a KHL team for hockey to develop there?

Its different there than in Finland, where every street corner has an indoor rink and a whole infrastructure of youth hockey. Despite the obvious problems, much of youth hockey in that region is dependent on the resources and facilities provided by KHL teams. There are a number of big cities in the permafrost region where bandy is more popular than hockey, and where hockey has an infrastructure that ranges from sparse to nonexistent. Also, major sports around the world (name the sport) are driven by televising games with high profile athletes to peak kids' interest. If you take the local representation out, that would make it less likely that cities that are cash-poor would devote money to building hockey.

Yakushev72

Dec 27, 2010
Are they economically viable even now? Amur had issues last season already.

Probably not, but removing Kuznya would make the situation even worse. You can devise a schedule to make it more cost-effective if more teams are located in a geographic region. If you are flying a team from Riga to Khabarovsk, you can limit the number of around-the-globe trips if there are other teams in reasonable proximity to play on the trip. Let's face it, the region we are talking about makes up a large portion of planet Earth, so keeping a team in Novokuznetsk, where hockey is popular, seems like a no-brainer to me.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Its different there than in Finland, where every street corner has an indoor rink and a whole infrastructure of youth hockey. Despite the obvious problems, much of youth hockey in that region is dependent on the resources and facilities provided by KHL teams. There are a number of big cities in the permafrost region where bandy is more popular than hockey, and where hockey has an infrastructure that ranges from sparse to nonexistent. Also, major sports around the world (name the sport) are driven by televising games with high profile athletes to peak kids' interest. If you take the local representation out, that would make it less likely that cities that are cash-poor would devote money to building hockey.

Not exactly, plus using those rinks has gotten very expensive. Sorry for the off-topic.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad