Rumor: Kevin Hayes to St. Louis gaining steam - rumored to be 'huge' deal involving many players

Status
Not open for further replies.

DomBarr

Apr 7, 2014
this has been rumored since before the trade deadline.

important to note that Gaudreau and Hayes are good friends and were college linemates. so I guess that plus a desperate need for Cs would create at least some rationale for acquiring a heavily-retained Hayes. not a good rationale, but a rationale.
Hayes to whatever team Gaudreau plays on has been rumored since game 1 and Gaudreau's team never actually does it because it never actually makes sense.

CBJ goalie

May 19, 2005
London, Ontario
Not sure about the trade market but the UFA crop of centers is pretty disgusting.

Ryan O'Reilly
Jonathan Toews
JT Compher
Jordan Staal
Sean Monahan

Those are probably the top 5 guys. The demand will be much higher than the supply and if the Flyers retain enough to get Hayes down to 3.5-4 million he will like an enticing option for some teams.

ROR, that's who I want Columbus to get. He'd be perfect for them.

Reactions: Toe Pick

BritainStix

F**k Cutter Gauthier
Oct 20, 2016
Hayes at anything under $4.5 brings back a mid to late 1st. Why does hfboards have such a poor grasp of overpaid != bad player.

He's good for 50 points a year paired with anyone and plays the PK pretty effectively. He would comfortably break 60 points on a good line.

There would be a big queue of teams looking to trade a late 2024 1st for Hayes at $3.5 mil.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Hayes at anything under $4.5 brings back a mid to late 1st. Why does hfboards have such a poor grasp of overpaid != bad player.

He's good for 50 points a year paired with anyone and plays the PK pretty effectively. He would comfortably break 60 points on a good line.

There would be a big queue of teams looking to trade a late 2024 1st for Hayes at $3.5 mil.
This is not accurate.

He only played 12 minutes on the PK last season.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
They still have to sign their draft class. They’re not gonna have any room for anything big

They would have if they want.

They have no big names to sign and have extra RD’s + Roslovic to create extra room

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Hayes with retention for something around Ceulemans makes sense for both teams.

Columbus needs a middle 6 center and Hayes is tight with Gaudreau.

Flyers need to rebuild their defense and Columbus is stacked on defense now.

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
They still have to sign their draft class. They’re not gonna have any room for anything big
They currently have the following players on defense:

Werenski - 9.5 million
Severson - 6.25 million
Provorov - 4.725 million
Gudbranson - 4 million
Peeke - 2.75 million
Boqvist - 2.6 million
Bean - 2.33 million

Jiricek should absolutely be on their opening night roster and they have other talented young D pushing for spots. I would imagine they will try to move at least one of if not two of Gudbranson/ Peeke/Bean to free up cap space and make other moves.

Reactions: Toe Pick

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Put him in Colorado on the 2nd line and they could win a cup. Absolutes like that are silly any way since I guarantee you a few months ago you would have said no team is making it to the cup finals with Adin Hill as their number 1 goalie.

I think you are right about most teams, I don't know about Hill and Vegas, especially since Vegas has done this before, in their 1st season they used 5 or 6 goalies.

Vegas is so strong everywhere that else that I'm not sure people would say that.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
I like it for the Jackets. He's fit in well with that forward group. Gaudreau could turn him into a 70 point player or better.

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
After that godawful deal Jarmo just gave out to Severson I would wonder if Boqvist has fallen out of favor in Columbus and see if I couldn't work something out to get him in Philly.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Hayes going from Torts to Babs? He must wonder what level of hell he's currently on.
Jeez did not even cross my mind , no one deserves that............Lets start a "FREE KEVIN " movement...........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad