Kesler puts Detroit on a list of teams he'd like to be traded to | UPD: Kesler to ANA

Status
Not open for further replies.

walle

Sep 9, 2008
Northpole
Well Salo atleast ended up with highest quality of competition in tampa. His minutes were cut down but there's still realistic expectation that he could play very solid third pairing with help on both special teams if needed. Regarless of his age he has managed very difficult minutes so far, but right partner is a must because he has obvious weaknesses. Detroit is interesting because you guys might play the game Salo will benefit the most. And when you look at third pairings in the league, Salo will still rank quite nicely there.

Hckytwn

Don't do it Kenny...
Jul 9, 2010
Seattle, WA
1st, Sheahan/Tatar, Smith and XO/Sproul. Not doing that.

When it was reported Holland traded Jarnkrok and a 2nd rounder for a rental I didn't believe it either. I thought it was a mistake, twitter rumors...

If we land any significant player in a trade, Kesler or otherwise, I guarantee you Holland will overpay and few of us will be happy with who is given up.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger 8s
Hearing Kesler to Anaheim is done. Awaiting details...

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
yah it was too good to be true i guess

with the ducks in the same division its logical to assume whatever they gave up is MORE then what a team in the east would have to

lets GOOOOO dumpster trash....

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger 8s
Hearing Kesler to Anaheim is done. Awaiting details...

Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun 5s
Anaheim will trade Bonino, Sbisa plus 24th overall pick and teams will swap third-rounders once deal goes through

When both sides seem to dislike the deal, it's usually pretty good.

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
That's a pretty good deal for both sides.

Makes me wonder what Chicago and Detroit were offering.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
Anaheim will trade Bonino, Sbisa plus 24th overall pick and teams will swap third-rounders once deal goes through

hahaha i bet thats 1/4 what so mnay hf board posters thought it would be

sbsia and the 24th are yuck

bonino is decent but not great

spezza's value just got worse

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Oh man, Ducks fans loved Bonino, right? He was promising. I mean, he outscored Kesler last year.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
That's a pretty good deal for both sides.

Makes me wonder what Chicago and Detroit were offering.

sbsia isnt anything to shake a stick at and the 24th isnt that high(we will likely trade out 15th for two 2nd rounders which means the 24th isnt even worth that)

again, hf is so delusional with trade value proposals

Zetterbergs Beard

Red Wins fan
May 20, 2013
Vancouver, BC

It seems Ducks fans are much happier than Canucks fans about this trade.

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
So Vancouver now has two 1st rounders? Aren't they one of the teams rumoured to be in on the Florida's 1st overall?

6th pick + Tanev was the rumoured base, have to imagine that adding the 24th pick would help. Florida still might want more, though.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
ok that's a LOT lower than what canucks fans wanted.

i'm shocked i mean SHOCKED that they didn't get 10th ovr, etem, vatanen +.

who would have thought?

only big piece there is bonino. he is good player. kesler could have health issues so that hurts ducks D depth. they could have iced better roster with bonino playing behind kesler. but they do have some very solid kids coming up that can fill up that hole.

if kesler can stay healthy, he is a good fit behind getz.

other pieces didnt matter to ducks. they were luxury or unnecessary.

yeah, agreed.

6th pick + Tanev was the rumoured base, have to imagine that adding the 24th pick would help. Florida still might want more, though.

i would want.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
ok that's a LOT lower than what canucks fans wanted.

i'm shocked i mean SHOCKED that they didn't get 10th ovr, etem, vatanen +.

who would have thought?

only big piece there is bonino. he is good player. kesler could have health issues so that hurts ducks D depth. they could have iced better roster with bonino playing behind kesler. but they do have some very solid kids coming up that can fill up that hole.

injured are you really shocked?

look at bobby ryan trade, its almost the same

nhl trades are so very predictable

only on hf boards do you see people speculating guys will cost a fortune or bankrupt a teams future, reality is, it never happens(yes lindros 20 some years ago)

Last edited by a moderator:

WingedWheel1987

Jan 11, 2011
GPP Michigan
I like it for Anaheim. What did they really give up that was worth keeping around?

I don't even think it's a bad trade for Van. It wasn't good, but a partial NTC is going to hurt Van's leverage.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
injured are you really shocked?

look at bobby ryan trade, its almost the same

nhl trades are so very predictable

only on hf boards do you see people speculating guys will cost a fortune or bankrupt a teams future, reality is, it never happens(yes lindros 20 some years ago)

that was sarcasm man, sarcasm.

not shocked at all (i thought they would get little more though).

and don't feel sorry for them at all. one would've thought that they'd have learned their lesson on luongo debacle.

drw02

Aug 10, 2013

Don't think Florida wants more draft picks...they want help now. Nucks might be flipping Bonino to Florida with Tanev and 6th to get the 1st.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad