Kesler puts Detroit on a list of teams he'd like to be traded to | UPD: Kesler to ANA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
Last edited by a moderator:

Peter Tosh

Dec 19, 2007
Holland likes to aquire players beyond their prime, especially if they are from Detroit. The Järnkrok deal showed us that no one is safe, and that Holland doesn't mind overpaying.

DET:
Kesler

VAN:
Tatar
1st
1st
Ouellet

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
I like him as a player but he is beaten up from years of playing hard. You thought Weiss' issues drove us nuts...wait till you mix in Kesler's annual injury woes.

RedHawkDown

still trying to trust the yzerplan
Aug 26, 2011
Canada
Can we not trade for forwards when it's clear we need defence? Please?

If this happens, max I'd be willing to do is Tatar, Ouellet, 1st.

Mantha-Datsyuk-Zetterberg
Nyquist-Kesler-Franzen
Weiss-Sheahan-Jurco
Abdelkader-Helm-Miller
Glendening

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
zetterberg - datsyuk - mantha
nyqvist - kesler - franzen
tatar - sheahan - jurco
abby - helm - miller

r0bert8841

Jan 2, 2009
Michigan
I would love Kesler on the Wings. Depends on the asking price though. I would be ok giving up Kindl + 2nd for him. Although doesn't he hate Kronwall???

AD1066

Sep 30, 2011
Exactly what this team needs, more injuries at significant expense.

Besides,

Tatar: 39P in 73 games
Kesler: 43P in 77 games

and likely to be trending in opposite directions.

AD1066

Sep 30, 2011
I would love Kesler on the Wings. Depends on the asking price though. I would be ok giving up Kindl + 2nd for him. Although doesn't he hate Kronwall???

They're going to want much more than that, to the point where either we're getting screwed on value or the deal isn't happening at all.

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
you should at least google things b4 posting.... this is a myth.

He's not missed as much time in the regular season but there's a lot of tread off those tires. He's in the same category as Zetterberg...isn't always hurt but the threat is there. Zetterberg didn't have a back problem for a while but it flared up something fierce this year and cost him of this season. Kesler plays through a lot of dings...he's a tough player but his playing styles can lead to a lot of injuries.

Ozz

Oct 25, 2009
Hockeytown
I'd love to see him on a team I like. Aside from Detroit, my other teams are hated by most here though :laugh:

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Folks being way too hard on Kesler here. He didn't put up the .9ppg he has in past seasons, but I'm not sure that was ever a pace he should have been expected to maintain. Last season he played over 21 minutes a game, scored 25 goals, and was over 52% at faceoffs while taking over 1400 of them.

Bring him here where we can maybe put a better group around him, dial his minutes back a bit, and the wear and tear should dip a bit.

Kronwalled55

Detroit vs. Everybody
Jan 7, 2011
Atlanta, GA
I would avoid Kesler like the plague, but I would rather have him over Weiss if there was the possibility of having a choice.

They would want Tatar or Nyquist; I think that's pretty much a given.
- No to Nyquist.
- Tatar could very easily top Kesler's point production next season by himself. That doesn't even include the draft picks we would have to throw in, and the lower level prospect.

Nothing about Kesler's game says, "still trending in a positive direction."

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Only in a blockbuster deal to give us Edler too.

Weiss, Pulkkinen, Kindl + 1st
for
Edler+Kesler

Yes I know that won't happen so no thanks.

sully6one

Unregistered User
Aug 6, 2011
Michigan
I'd trade Janmark, Marchenko, 2014 1st, 2015 2nd for Kesler. With Edler I'd switch Janmark to Tatar and the 2nd to a first and add Kindl.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I'd trade Janmark, Marchenko, 2014 1st, 2015 2nd for Kesler. With Edler I'd switch Janmark to Tatar and the 2nd to a first and add Kindl.

Don't think Vancouver would have hardly any interest in those guys (Janmark, Marchenko)

And also don't even see why we're talking about trading for another center, unless we're trying to make it on the next episode of Hoarders.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
we need defence and only a top 3 young dman who shoots right

as for the idea of adding a 2nd line centremen, sure, but he should be under 29 come next season and not 30 and over because thats the type of player we need over the next 7 years.

no thanks, kesler to the blues makes the most sense despite st louis not being on his list

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Folks being way too hard on Kesler here. He didn't put up the .9ppg he has in past seasons, but I'm not sure that was ever a pace he should have been expected to maintain. Last season he played over 21 minutes a game, scored 25 goals, and was over 52% at faceoffs while taking over 1400 of them.

Bring him here where we can maybe put a better group around him, dial his minutes back a bit, and the wear and tear should dip a bit.

Thank you.

I was shocked to see all the people against a player like Kesler. This is a guy who had excellent years with the Sedins. Do we know a duo on the Wings that could replicate that kind of play? Hmmm, ah yes, our very own Euro Twins!

On top of the potential for getting a gritty, right-handed goal scorer for Datsyuk, you're also getting a guy who can kill penalties, win draws, and generally makes life hell for the opposing team. Kesler is a slam dunk move if he doesn't gut your depth.

Finally, as an aside, say what you will about the Wings and their management and whatever else, but they are consistently on top players "short list" of teams. Now it doesn't always work out (SUTER, ugh) but the Wings always get consideration. Just off the top of my head Nash, Weber (offer sheet consideration), and now Kesler. I'm sure there's some I'm forgetting.

Defense.

Defense defense defense. Seriously. No more forwards, please.

They can do both. I think the team needs more of a shakeup than a top 4 D like Boyle or whoever.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
They can do both. I think the team needs more of a shakeup than a top 4 D like Boyle or whoever.

we dont need boyle

boyle is the last guy we need

we need to either address the defence properly or just let the kids run the show

stop gaps are not the solution, they just hide the problem

gamefan14*

weiss, kindl/lashoff, andersson, 2nd, 3rd

for kesler

good deal van should move on it asap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad