Kesler puts Detroit on a list of teams he'd like to be traded to | UPD: Kesler to ANA

Status
Not open for further replies.

WingedWheel1987

Jan 11, 2011
GPP Michigan
You don't pay a player four million a year to score 15 points in 59 regular season games.

He had a decent playoffs. 10 points in 19 games, but I would gladly lose him for Kesler.

I think he had one flukey postseason and the Hawks gambled and lost.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
if acquiring kesler solely involves the hawks parting with bickell than its a no brainer

if they also have to move sharp inorder to create cap space to fill out the roster then its a terrible move as sharp is much more valuable then kesler off the ice, let alone on it.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Bickell has been an incredible playoff performer the past 2 years. So I would say losing him would hurt.

Yeah if I were a Chicago fan I would be a bit worried about Bickell leaving.

Tom-Cruise-crazy-laugh.gif

If Bickell went away 99% of fans would celebrate

It was mistake ,, A very bad one made in post cup euphoria

I regret supporting it

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Tom-Cruise-crazy-laugh.gif

If Bickell went away 99% of fans would celebrate

It was mistake ,, A very bad one made in post cup euphoria

I regret supporting it

he does bring unique element to your top 9. size and willingness to use it, it opens up a lot of space. that was very helpful during your second cup run.

he didn't produce well this past regular season but what he brings is still useful in playoffs. like it was this year. he might get little too much money and with coming cap crunch might be deemed as expandable though.

chances14

Jan 7, 2010
Michigan
Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger 9m

Trade senses are on high alert. Starting to sound like Kesler deal is inching closer. Still working on destination, but next 24hrs, perhaps.

Kyleftlx

twitter*****/kyle_ftl
May 9, 2010
Michigan!
I like to think of Nyquist and Tatar as the heirs to Pavel and Henrik. The previous isn't going anywhere but I hope the latter stays on.

as much as I love Tatar, I don't really know if he's anything more than a Hudler esque talent. I definitely don't personally see Zetterberg or Datsyuk in the guy, but I do see a ton of passion and determination. If anything, at least you know the guy is going to give his all. That's what I like about Tatar. He has flaws, but he's a guy you like to have. I'd think in order to trade him at this point, you'd need to get someone really good in return.

Boomhower

Aug 23, 2003
Ontario
Visit site
Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger 9m

Trade senses are on high alert. Starting to sound like Kesler deal is inching closer. Still working on destination, but next 24hrs, perhaps.

15th, Nyquist, Jurco, Mantha, Sheahan, Dekeyser and Sproul.

Protect the above and I'm OK with anything else going the other way. Assuming they would want Mrazek. Something centering around Mrazek and Tatar seems fair to me. Maybe a 2015 2nd or a Marchenko/Backman thrown in.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California

Protect the above and I'm OK with anything else going the other way. Assuming they would want Mrazek. Something centering around Mrazek and Tatar seems fair to me. Maybe a 2015 2nd or a Marchenko/Backman thrown in.

Would rather keep Mrazek in all honesty

FlashyG

Dec 15, 2011
Toronto
With no 2nd rounder this year. I would not trade away the 15th overall.

I would take my chances Wings will finish better next year and have a worse pick.

Next years draft is far better than this one though. That's why I'd rather deal this years 1st rounder. Not a huge deal for me either way though.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida

If Vancouver wants Mrazek in a deal they had better be sending us both Kesler and Edler because we cant afford to lose Mrazek without a hefty return.

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
Next years draft is far better than this one though. That's why I'd rather deal this years 1st rounder. Not a huge deal for me either way though.

Yeah, frankly, I'd take my chances with keeping next year's pick and dealing this year's.

If we're seeing movement it will be within the next 24 hours or so.

19 for president

Apr 28, 2002
Tatar reminds me of Kozzie type talent. Put up solid if unspectacular numbers on a good team, which chipping in some clutch goals. On a worse team he could put up 70ish points in his prime. I think his speed gives him an edge on Huds when all is said and done. I wouldn't be against trading him, because I don't see him as a superstar. Fan fav, clutch guy, sure but in the cap era NHL, he is the type that ends up getting overpaid. I don't think he'll be a guy you build a team around.

With that said I'm pretty against dealing him for Kesler. I don't see him putting us enough over the edge to do well right now or in the next few years. This team needs a dman that can play decent minutes and score/ move the puck. If they acquire that and then have enough left over to get a Kesler, then sure but I doubt it. We have a surplus of D prospects, not forwards.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
If Vancouver wants Mrazek in a deal they had better be sending us both Kesler and Edler because we cant afford to lose Mrazek without a hefty return.

I was once on board with trading for Edler but that ship has sailed. Our top prospects on defense are getting closer and closer to being NHL ready. The playoff streak is alive and well and I'm guessing Ken Holland has done his absolute best kabuki dance to woo Dan Boyle to Detroit for 2-3 years. If Boyle falls through then I'm sure we'll get someone else who can keep the prospects in Grand Rapids where they can tear up the AHL.

Not so interested in Kesler given how much we need offensive d-men. I put my chips on Holland grossly overpaying Dan Boyle in salary and term, it's the best route to keeping the playoff streak alive and biding time until our prospects on Detroit cannot be sent down.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
I was once on board with trading for Edler but that ship has sailed. Our top prospects on defense are getting closer and closer to being NHL ready. The playoff streak is alive and well and I'm guessing Ken Holland has done his absolute best kabuki dance to woo Dan Boyle to Detroit for 2-3 years. If Boyle falls through then I'm sure we'll get someone else who can keep the prospects in Grand Rapids where they can tear up the AHL.

Not so interested in Kesler given how much we need offensive d-men. I put my chips on Holland grossly overpaying Dan Boyle in salary and term, it's the best route to keeping the playoff streak alive and biding time until our prospects on Detroit cannot be sent down.

I agree I think there are at least 10 teams after Boyle so Holland will have to grossly over pay to get him. Either one of Gilbert or Fayne might not be to bad on a short term deal as well if Boyle does indeed fall through.

Ricelund

̶W̶e̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶t̶e̶a̶m̶
Apr 16, 2006
New York, NY
One guy we're all forgetting about lately is Salo. You can bet your ass if Holland misses on Boyle he'll go for Salo.

WingedWheel1987

Jan 11, 2011
GPP Michigan
Well why not he will be 40 years old at the start of the season, He is Ken Holland type of signing. But I thought that I had heard that he might retire this year.

He can do both in Detroit.

Sign a one year deal.
Start on opening night
Get hurt and lose spot to Brian Lashoff
Get outplayed by Brian Lashoff and lose spot
Healthy scratch for the rest of the season

Everyone wins.

If we lose out on the Sami Salo sweepstakes, hopefully Holland brings back

i

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad