Keith Yandle

Status
Not open for further replies.

jskramer83

Nov 11, 2011
Even more impressive then having 6 high quality d men like we do, is that each line has a d guy who can score

DelZottoHitTheNetJK

Mar 10, 2011
Thought Yandle was good last night. That one shift he had when NSH was pinned in their own end and he was just slinging quick passes to JTM and Stepan from the blueline was awesome to watch. Once he gets used to our style and the pace we play at he's going to be racking up assists. Like he said, he's not used to seeing so many players fly up the ice the way we do. Hagelin, Kreider, Nash.. I can't even imagine the stretch passes we'll be seeing him zing over to those guys. Exciting for sure

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
You could see that a lot of the players on this team didn't expect Yandle's passes to them. They were surprised someone on this defense could make a hard and accurate pass, for once.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
I feel like some of the players were trying to feed him the puck. Idk if thats like a "lets see what you can do" thing or just my perception. I liked that I saw him calling for it a few times though.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Seeing Yandle in 93 is so weird, it reminds me of preseason because that's usually the only time you ever see a defenseman wearing a number that high.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
He said a defenseman.

badumtss_single.png

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
Can't believe my initial reaction to the deal was negative. :shakehead

I guess I'm still so scarred by the MSL deal that I shot from the hip.

But man, that game last night... That's how hockey is supposed to be played. Sheer dominance against the team with the best record in the league. Unbelievable.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Can't believe my initial reaction to the deal was negative. :shakehead

I guess I'm still so scarred by the MSL deal that I shot from the hip.

But man, that game last night... That's how hockey is supposed to be played. Sheer dominance against the team with the best record in the league. Unbelievable.

I loved hearing about how they outshot Detroit so bad last game, then seeing NYR bury them in shots.

Detroit should be another good test. Looking forward to seeing how they fare.

YandlesMother

Nov 21, 2013
Our first powerplay post Yandle leaving just led to a short handed goal. And we were 5th in the league prior to dealing him. With our garbage forwards.

God damnit I'm jealous tonight.

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
Our first powerplay post Yandle leaving just led to a short handed goal. And we were 5th in the league prior to dealing him. With our garbage forwards.

In 3 or 4 years we might be the jealous ones. Good luck with the rebuilding.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY

Yeah--Duclair's going to be a good player. It might take 3 or 4 years but he's got the skills to be a legit 1st line winger. I thought he'd have a decent shot to make our team again next year--so I'd expect he'll make yours. Great skater--jaw dropping hand skills.

I like John Moore as well. This is his shot to prove himself.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Yeah--Duclair's going to be a good player. It might take 3 or 4 years but he's got the skills to be a legit 1st line winger. I thought he'd have a decent shot to make our team again next year--so I'd expect he'll make yours. Great skater--jaw dropping hand skills.

I like John Moore as well. This is his shot to prove himself.

I would've thought he was close to a lock to make the Rangers next season.

a tribe cq

That’s just like…your opinion man.
Jan 15, 2013

2Leetch_94

Kreid Me A River
Sep 16, 2005
New Jersey
Yandle got beat one-on-one once tonight but it's nothing that hasn't happened to John Moore numerous times. Extremely impressed with his passing and ability to keep the puck moving in the offensive zone, it looks like what the power play should be, but it's at ES. Once he gets more experience in AV's system and used to his teammates...it's going to be really fun to watch. Rangers had a good group of defensemen prior but none of them could think or execute the game offensively like Yandle can and it seems to be bringing out the best in Boyle. It's going to be a treat watching them down the stretch and hopefully during a long playoff run.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
I feel like some of the players were trying to feed him the puck. Idk if thats like a "lets see what you can do" thing or just my perception. I liked that I saw him calling for it a few times though.

He loves to shoot the puck from the center of the blueline, and the hesitation slapper is his signature move. I watched most of both games now and I've noticed that the Ranger forwards don't really look for D trailers when breaking into the zone. That's a shame, because a lot of KY's genius comes from being that guy and making a superb pass when the defense is turning to him.

He needs to be the 1 in a 1-3-1 PP to really shine with the skating and vision. OEL has a lot of goals because he'd play the right and slide down into the circles, then receive a nice Yandle pass.

They'll figure it out. He looks good. He also turns it up a few notches in the playoffs. Big game player.

He will be missed.

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
He loves to shoot the puck from the center of the blueline, and the hesitation slapper is his signature move. I watched most of both games now and I've noticed that the Ranger forwards don't really look for D trailers when breaking into the zone. That's a shame, because a lot of KY's genius comes from being that guy and making a superb pass when the defense is turning to him.

He needs to be the 1 in a 1-3-1 PP to really shine with the skating and vision. OEL has a lot of goals because he'd play the right and slide down into the circles, then receive a nice Yandle pass.

They'll figure it out. He looks good. He also turns it up a few notches in the playoffs. Big game player.

He will be missed.

our forwards usually do a good job of pulling up and finding the trailer on the rush. i dont think nash ever saw yandle on that 2 on 1 though.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York

He will be missed.

Actually, the Rangers forwards usually do a good job of pulling up and finding the trailer. Zuccarello, Brassard, Hayes, Stepan and MSL all do it regularly.

Fugazy

Brick by Brick
Jun 1, 2014
New York
Going to need to give Yandle some time before he can settle in to his new team. I'm impressed with what I see so far and I really think he's going to be extremely valuable to the powerplay once things get rolling and into the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad