Kaprizov vs. Stuetzle - Next 3 Years

• Kaprizov

• Stuetzle

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
Sure. But that's not the poll. Who is better over the next 3 years. 19-21 year old Stutzle or 23-25 year old Kaprizov.

Unless he's McDavid, Matthews or Eichel, he's not likely to have a huge impact in years 1 and 2 at 19 and 20. Draisaitl didn't, Rantenan didn't, Kotkaniemi didn't. Svechnikov is proably the closest to having a major impact in year 2.

So you're counting on year 3 for him to provide SOOOO Much more value than Kaprizov to outweigh the previous two years.

Unless you think Kaprizov is simply going to bust out of the league, he's the obvious choice for this poll.

I think Kaprizov is a safer option to be better in year one, but I’d have Stuetzle after that. The kid looks like a much more pro ready prospect then what you typically see at 3rd overall.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
I think Kaprizov is a safer option to be better in year one, but I’d have Stuetzle after that. The kid looks like a much more pro ready prospect then what you typically see at 3rd overall.

I personally would have expected a much better showing in the DEL if he is expected to have the type of impact immediately that's been talked about here.

Reactions: MuckOG

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
I personally would have expected a much better showing in the DEL if he is expected to have the type of impact immediately that's been talked about here.

The best U18 player season in DEL history anyhow. And simultaneously even the best U20 season since the 1990s.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina

34 points in 41 games against men as a 17 year old isn't good enough for you?

Fun fact on Stutzle.

He has the best PPG in DEL history for any u18 player in that league since its start in 1994. In fact, he had a significant display more than Marco Sturm and Hecht at same age. They had .64 PPG he was at .83. Mind you the league is must greater now.

For this season alone, the next youngest player to outscore/have better PPG than Stutzle was a 26 year old. Stutzle was 17 turning 18...

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
34 points in 41 games against men as a 17 year old isn't good enough for you?
It's good, and he's a great prospect. Don't get me wrong.

But if he's going to tear up the NHL over the next 3 years as suggested here, I'd expect better.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
Fun fact on Stutzle.

He has the best PPG in DEL history for any u18 player in that league since its start in 1994. In fact, he had a significant display more than Marco Sturm and Hecht at same age. They had .64 PPG he was at .83. Mind you the league is must greater now.

For this season alone, the next youngest player to outscore/have better PPG than Stutzle was a 26 year old. Stutzle was 17 turning 18...
And Kaprizov had the best season of any 20, 21 and 22 year old in KHL history.

And scored more goals than Stutzle had points at 23.

So yes, for the purpose of this poll, I'd expect Stutzle to have better DEL results if he is going to be better than Kaprizov over the next 3 seasons.

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
Stutzle is gonna be an NHL superstar, so him.

Not saying Kaprizov won't, but to me Stutzle is a special player. When you combine his skill level and intelligence with his work ethic and desire, great things are bound to happen. Won't be long until Stutzle is putting up a point per game in the NHL, I think he's dynamic. The passion he plays with is fun to watch. The guy just cares so much and is so damn good...

Reactions: Karl Eriksson

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
Fun fact on Stutzle.

Also, on your bolded point. While a fun fact, doesn't really mean anything. It's more of a function of league setup.

DEL is mostly filled with American/Canadian players who've given up on chasing the NHL dream. Of the top 100 scorers, only 20% were German. And half of those German spent time in North America chasing the NHL dream.

Players realize around 25 they are sick of riding AHL buses, and they aren't going to make the NHL, and head to Europe. How many players league wide are there between 20-25 years old? I'd venture it's a small percentage of there players.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
And Kaprizov had the best season of any 20, 21 and 22 year old in KHL history.

And scored more goals than Stutzle had points at 23.

So yes, for the purpose of this poll, I'd expect Stutzle to have better DEL results if he is going to be better than Kaprizov over the next 3 seasons.

You’re comparing a players 21-23 y/o season in a different league to a players 17-18 y/o season. I don’t think you realize how big of a difference that is.

Reactions: Karl Eriksson

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
You’re comparing a players 21-23 y/o season in a different league to a players 17-18 y/o season. I don’t think you realize how big of a difference that is.

Everyone realizes what a big difference that is....I think some people are forgetting that this poll is about who of the two will have a better next 3 years, not career. Kaprizov is 23yo and has been putting up historic numbers in the KHL and is primed to take off in the NHL. Stutzle is a stud prospect, but he is still only 18yo. To expect that he will eclipse a player like Kaprizov over the next 3 years is not realistic, IMO.

People are WAY underrating Kaprizov, and it seems solely based on his draft position. He has dominated at every level he's played: KHL (regular and post season) and international play (WJC and Olympics). He will be a PPG player in the NHL.

Last edited:
Reactions: majormajor

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
Or. And hear me out... As i've said a number of times... T H A T I S T H E E X A C T P O I N T I A M M A K I N G.

People are expecting a 19-21 year old coming from the 8th best league in the world, where he was great for an 18 year old, but just average for a pro to a 23-25 year old in his scoring prime who was just the best player in the 2nd best league in the world.

It's the entire point. It's not a fair comparison to Stutzle, but that its a landslide shows people aren't being realistic.

It's got nothing to do with Stutzle's ultimate upside.

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
Or. And hear me out... As i've said a number of times... T H A T I S T H E E X A C T P O I N T I A M M A K I N G.

People are expecting a 19-21 year old coming from the 8th best league in the world, where he was great for an 18 year old, but just average for a pro to a 23-25 year old in his scoring prime who was just the best player in the 2nd best league in the world.

It's the entire point. It's not a fair comparison to Stutzle, but that its a landslide shows people aren't being realistic.

It's got nothing to do with Stutzle's ultimate upside.
Have they even considered thatvthe sens might not even think it worthwhile to play the kid in the NHL this season?

This honestly could become blatantly clear how ridiculous certain fans are being in a matter of 2 or 3 months.

For the record, im not even sure id vote for Lafrenière over kaprizov for the next 3 years.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
Have they even considered thatvthe sens might not even think it worthwhile to play the kid in the NHL this season?

This honestly could become blatantly clear how ridiculous certain fans are being in a matter of 2 or 3 months.

For the record, im not even sure id vote for Lafrenière over kaprizov for the next 3 years.

Seriously. I'm sure he'll start in the NHL for his 6 games because the AHL isn't up and running, but wouldn't shock me at all if they felt the AHL was a better transition point for a 19 year old from the DEL come Feb 5th.

Similar to Rantanen and Nylander. Why burn that first year of the ELC on a 56 game season you're probably not going to compete.

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
Seriously. I'm sure he'll start in the NHL for his 6 games because the AHL isn't up and running, but wouldn't shock me at all if they felt the AHL was a better transition point for a 19 year old from the DEL come Feb 5th.

Similar to Rantanen and Nylander. Why burn that first year of the ELC on a 56 game season you're probably not going to compete.
Exactly. A smart team leaves him in the AHL to season, at which point youre asking a 19 year old kid to have 2 seasons that are good enough to beat 3 seasons of an elite KHL scorer who will be spending the entire time on the top line of a decent team.

By march this could become blatantly clear some posters are out to lunch.

But melnyk has already made statements about the sens competing for a cup thisbyear so the mentality may not include smart long term thinking.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
I don't think Mannheim would be terribly happy if they released their best value player just to let him make a lateral move to the AHL.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
I don't think Mannheim would be terribly happy if they released their best value player just to let him make a lateral move to the AHL.

AHL > DEL.

Plus, it gives the Sens more direct control over his development.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Everyone realizes what a big difference that is....I think some people are forgetting that this poll is about who of the two will have a better next 3 years, not career. Kaprizov is 23yo and has been putting up historic numbers in the KHL and is primed to take off in the NHL. Stutzle is a stud prospect, but he is still only 18yo. To expect that he will eclipse a player like Kaprizov over the next 3 years is not realistic, IMO.

People are WAY underrating Kaprizov, and it seems solely based on his draft position. He has dominated at every level he's played: KHL (regular and post season) and international play (WJC and Olympics). He will be a PPG player in the NHL.

Stutzle may be given the keys to the team very quickly.

He was happy to be drafted by Ottawa because he knows he'll be on the top PP unit and likely in the top six from the very beginning.

At that point, if his point totals reflect that, I'm sure his utilization will come up and the only reason he's any good is because of his usage on a shitty team.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011

I'm sure Mannheim's 300k check per the transfer agreement will soothe their feelings a bit.

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
Stutzle may be given the keys to the team very quickly.

He was happy to be drafted by Ottawa because he knows he'll be on the top PP unit and likely in the top six from the very beginning.

At that point, if his point totals reflect that, I'm sure his utilization will come up and the only reason he's any good is because of his usage on a shitty team.

Well if any team knows about players racking up points because of utilization with piles of pp minutes and overall toi on a terrible roster its the sens but if he can do that as an 18 year old kudos to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad