• Kaprizov

• Stuetzle

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
Two young, up and coming players. Kaprizov is older but more of a resume, while Stuetzle is looking pretty dynamic in the WJs. Kaprizov will play for the Wild this year and Stuetzle will likely get some games with the Senators.

Who produces more and has more success at the NHL level over the next three years?

Last edited:

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
Biased as a Wild fan but Kaprizov's numbers in the KHL and internationally suggest he will be a Tarasenko-like contributor. I think Stuetzle is going to be a 1st liner as well but Kaprizov has the better resume so far as OP said and is a safer bet currently to be an impact NHLer. Can't go wrong either way here though IMO

schnapshot

Mendoza baby
Jan 8, 2015
Montreal
This season? Clearly Kaprizov. Guy will probably be a first-line winger right off the bat.

Overall? Tough to tell, they're not the same age.

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
Two young, up and coming players. Kaprizov is older but more of a resume, while Stuetzle is looking pretty dynamic in the WJs. Kaprizov will play for the Wild this year and Stuetzle will likely get some games with the Senators.

Who produces more and has more success at the NHL level?
May want to add a poll

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Well, short term it would be shocking if Kaprizov didn't do better. Considering how 18 year-olds did in the NHL recently it's hard to expect any kind of quick success from Stutzle.

In the long run, one was picked #3 and the other #135 so obviously, Stutlzle should be expected to have a better career at this point.

Reactions: ViD

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Well, short term it would be shocking if Kaprizov didn't do better. Considering how 18 year-olds did in the NHL recently it's hard to expect any kind of quick success from Stutzle.

In the long run, one was picked #3 and the other #135 so obviously, Stutlzle should be expected to have a better career at this point.
Stutz is 19 to start the season tho not really a true 18 year old rookie

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
If Kap was a top draft pick I don’t think anybody would say this is a “ridiculous” question. What he did at his age in the KHL is unheard of in recent memory. People are still going to assume he’s a limited upside guy because he was a late pick. It’s all optics.

I pick Stutzle long term but for 3 years? It’s probably gonna be close.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
If Kap was a top draft pick I don’t think anybody would say this is a “ridiculous” question. What he did at his age in the KHL is unheard of in recent memory. People are still going to assume he’s a limited upside guy because he was a late pick. It’s all optics.

Yeah I didn't think it was that ridiculous.

Kaprizov is older and it took him a bit longer to get to where he is now, while Stuetzle has more draft pedigree. Kaprizov will likely score more points this year and maybe next, but in the third and beyond it'll be close. I thought it was reasonable haha.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009

Doing stuff that's unheard of in lesser leagues doesn't guarantee anything either.

Rundblad putting up 55-11-39-50 as a young defenseman in the SEL was unheard of. How's his NHL career going?

Silverberg putting 24 goals in 49 games in the SEL as a 20 year old was crazy! In the NHL he can struggle to put 20 goals or 40 points most years.

Going all superstar overseas at a young age doesn't mean anything for NHL success.

Shaun Van Allen had 289 points in 194 games in his last 3 years in the AHL yet was a 20-30 point NHLer.

Alexandre Giroux put up 60 goals in 69 games with the Hershey Bears yet couldn't crack an NHL roster.

Just saying temper your expectations.

Last edited:
Reactions: xVolchenkov

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
This is a silly comparison. Kaprizov is in the NHL this season in a top line role. The other might not for 2 years. For sure 1. In a 3 yearbtimeframe thats unfair.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Doing stuff that's unheard of in lesser leagues doesn't guarantee anything either.

Rundblad putting up 55-11-39-50 as a young defenseman in the SEL was unheard of. How's his NHL career going?

Silverberg putting 24 goals in 49 games in the SEL as a 20 year old was crazy! In the NHL he can struggle to put 20 goals or 40 points most years.

Going all superstar overseas at a young age doesn't mean anything for NHL success.

Shaun Van Allen had 289 points in 194 games in his last 3 years in the AHL yet was a 20-30 point NHLer.

Alexandre Giroux put up 60 goals in 69 games with the Hershey Bears yet couldn't crack an NHL roster.

Just saying temper your expectations.

What Kaprizov did at the KHL combined with his skillset is well beyond the average example of "prospect puts up points in another league and busts". The KHL is the world's second best league and notoriously hard for young players to put up big numbers in. Kaprizov was the best forward in the league at age 21/22.

Besides, even if you want to argue that - where am I saying I think Kaprizov is going to step in and be a superstar? I simply am saying comparing him to Stutzle for the next three years is far from "ridiculous". If you are saying that comparing him to Stutzle is not close or absurd - maybe you are the one who should temper your expectations?

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
What Kaprizov did at the KHL combined with his skillset is well beyond the average example of "prospect puts up points in another league and busts". The KHL is the world's second best league and notoriously hard for young players to put up big numbers in. Kaprizov was the best forward in the league at age 21/22.

Besides, even if you want to argue that - where am I saying I think Kaprizov is going to step in and be a superstar? I simply am saying comparing him to Stutzle for the next three years is far from "ridiculous". If you are saying that comparing him to Stutzle is not close or absurd - maybe you are the one who should temper your expectations?

I didn't even mention stutzle. I'm litterally just replying to the "him tearing up a lesser league" part. That's it. All I'm saying is for every non phenom who tears up a lower league and continues it in the NHL, there are a dozen who can't manage to continue it at the NHL level.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
I didn't even mention stutzle. I'm litterally just replying to the "him tearing up a lesser league" part. That's it. All I'm saying is for every non phenom who tears up a lower league and continues it in the NHL, there are a dozen who can't manage to continue it at the NHL level.

Sure, you can put doubt into any prospect out there, that's why these are projections.

Both Stutzle and Kaprizov are special prospects and 2 of the top 5 forward prospects in the world right now, by any measure.

I compared Stutzle to MacKinnon in the other Stutzle poll here and he's my favorite prospect in the world at the moment. But the question was over the next 3 years and in that case, you'd have to think long and hard about Kaprizov - from a talent standpoint, from an experience standpoint, from a production standpoint.

He's as ready as a prospect can look without having the proof that he's an NHL star - certainly his current pedigree far exceeds that of Stutzle who has far less experience and production in a far lesser league than the KHL. I don't expect Stutzle to have ANY trouble adjusting to the NHL - he's dynamite. But I suspect Kaprizov has a high, high chance of making a big impact right away for the Wild as well.

Reactions: Rob Brown

XXIV97

Jun 2, 2016
I could see Kap having a more significant impact in the next three years but I would pick Stutzle for their careers.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
I legitimately can't believe it's even this close a comparison. Stutzle is in a different tier.

You never really know...but Kaprizov's success in the KHL has made him one of the most crazy overhyped prospects i can remember in quite a while.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
I legitimately can't believe it's even this close a comparison. Stutzle is in a different tier.

You never really know...but Kaprizov's success in the KHL has made him one of the most crazy overhyped prospects i can remember in quite a while.

Kaprizov is starting in his prime, so the question here is rather whether Stützle can match that as a rookie.

HyPnOtiK

Aug 21, 2007
Philadelphia, Pa
Next 3 years is tough, I definitely take TS for the duration of their careers but I think Kaprizov is going to be put immediately in a position to succeed and he's a year older, might be hard for Stutzle to catch up by year 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad