• Kaprizov

• Stuetzle

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Buck Naked

Can't-Stand-Ya
Aug 18, 2016
Panarin is smiling while reading all the comments about one drafted #3 and one much later. Kaprizov's been amazing in the KHL, much better than what Panarin was at the same age, and I guess it's fair to say that Panarin's been better than most players selected 3rd overall in the past decade.

Reactions: Rob Brown

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
Regardless of of what you think of their career projections and overall upside, it's more or less insane to think Stuetzle is going to be better 19-21 than Kaprizov 23-25.

We're talking about a jump for a 19 year old from the DEL, which is at best the 5th best European league,(KHL, SEL, Liiga, NLA, DEL?), where he had 31 points in 40 games(7th best on his team), to the NHL.

Compared to a jump for a 23 year old, who has been the best player in the 2nd best league in the world for the last 2 years.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
I legitimately can't believe it's even this close a comparison. Stutzle is in a different tier.

You never really know...but Kaprizov's success in the KHL has made him one of the most crazy overhyped prospects i can remember in quite a while.

Kaprizov had more goals in the KHL last year, than Stuetzle had points in the DEL. Different tier or not, over the next 3 years it's Kaprizov easy.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
One was 17 last year; the other, 23. Stuetzle Will have the better career for sure, Kaprizov will have the better 1st season in the NHL.
Literally the point i'm making.

The poll is for the next 3 years. That it's a Stuetzle landside is beyond the scope of the reality of their situation.

On top of that, there are far too many top 5 picks that go onto middling careers to say "Stuetzle Will have the better career for sure".

If I was placing a cash wager, i'd wager on the 23 year old's track record in the KHL, over the 19 years old prospect evaluations and play in the DEL.

Reactions: Rob Brown

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
Panarin is smiling while reading all the comments about one drafted #3 and one much later. Kaprizov's been amazing in the KHL, much better than what Panarin was at the same age, and I guess it's fair to say that Panarin's been better than most players selected 3rd overall in the past decade.

Panarin had an extremely rare development curve. You can’t surely expect Kaprizov to come in and dominate like Panarin does, especially with that roster Minnesota has.

Reactions: LokiDog

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
Panarin had an extremely rare development curve. You can’t surely expect Kaprizov to come in and dominate like Panarin does, especially with that roster Minnesota has.

What was so different about Panarin's "development curve" than Kaprizov's?

Pretty spot on if you ask me. Both slightly undersized Russians, playing in middle of no where Russia in their draft year. Panarin completely overlooked, Kaprizov just mostly overlooked despite good numbers. Their KHL development curve is almost like looking in a Mirror (except Kaprizov's is slightly better).

What's so rare about it?

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Over the next 3 years, it's Kaprizov for sure. Beyond that is uncertain.

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
Next 3 years is tough, I definitely take TS for the duration of their careers but I think Kaprizov is going to be put immediately in a position to succeed and he's a year older, might be hard for Stutzle to catch up by year 3
Hes not a year older, hes 5 years older.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Seriously, how could anyone (who is not being biased) pick this other guy over ?Stutzle?

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
I know! Why would anyone pick this other guy over Stutzle?
Because reality exists.

And the reality of the situation is that while both top prospects, one is significantly more developed and scored more goals in the 2nd best league in the world, then Stutzle had total points in the 7th or 8th best league in the world (where he was the 7th highest scorer on his own team).

One is entering their scoring prime, while one is 4ish years off of it.

So, yes. Kaprizov over the next 3 years quite easily.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
Literally the point i'm making.

The poll is for the next 3 years. That it's a Stuetzle landside is beyond the scope of the reality of their situation.

On top of that, there are far too many top 5 picks that go onto middling careers to say "Stuetzle Will have the better career for sure".

If I was placing a cash wager, i'd wager on the 23 year old's track record in the KHL, over the 19 years old prospect evaluations and play in the DEL.

Have you watched Stuetzle play? He’s going to be a star.

Last edited:

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Seriously, how could anyone (who is not being biased) pick this other guy over ?Stutzle?

Because over the next 3 years (which this poll is referring to), Kaprizov is the better player than Stultze. Past that, it's up in the air.

Kaprizov has yet to score a single point in this WJC.

I'm going to guess that this is just a poor attempt at sarcasm. Kaprizov's WJC scoring resume is 10 goals, 4 assists in 14 games played.

Maybe, but he is 5 years younger than Kaprizov is right now. This thread isn't about who is going to have the greater career, but who is the better player over the next 3 years. I'll take Kaprizov every day ov the week and twice on Sundays. He is simply more proven than Stuetzle is right now.

Do you even know who Kaprizov is? Just curious, because if you've been following him, you wouldn't say something as idiotic as this.

Last edited:

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011

Sure. But that's not the poll. Who is better over the next 3 years. 19-21 year old Stutzle or 23-25 year old Kaprizov.

Unless he's McDavid, Matthews or Eichel, he's not likely to have a huge impact in years 1 and 2 at 19 and 20. Draisaitl didn't, Rantenan didn't, Kotkaniemi didn't. Svechnikov is proably the closest to having a major impact in year 2.

So you're counting on year 3 for him to provide SOOOO Much more value than Kaprizov to outweigh the previous two years.

Unless you think Kaprizov is simply going to bust out of the league, he's the obvious choice for this poll.

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
i really don't understand why this thread was created. the only thing i worry about as a wild fan is our gm did not bring in a mentor or another russian player to make kaprizov's transition to the nhl smoother.
Its silliness.

Just bookmark it and laugh in 6 months.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Because at this point hes a far better player. Whos been one of the best players in one of the tkp pro leagues in the world.

Kaprizov has led the KHL in goal scoring the past two seasons. Last I checked, the KHL was a tougher league than the DEL. For the record, I think Stutzle is going to be a star in the NHL....but I also think that Kaprizov will be one too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad