Seravalli: Kane's camp steadfast in belief a 40-50 M contract available in UFA - allowed to speak with teams

PostBradMalone

Mar 19, 2022
You might want to read the post again. The Flames didn't know he did those things and immediately fired him when they did. That's the proper course of action.

So you're going with the "they were negligent by not doing proper due diligence". It's not any better, but at least you chose one of the only two possibilities.

I don't think you understand civil law. This wasn't a settlement. This was a judgment against Kane civilly. There was no admission of guilt, there was an acknowledgement of damages. There are no damages with no actions.

You are blatantly incorrect:

Lawyer Stephen Finestone said the lawsuit has been settled, confirming the story first reported by The Athletic.

Try lying some more.

How about the 3 assaults on women he was found criminally responsible for and allegations of a 4th? That ok by you too?

Also not a thing. Kane entered into a Adjournment in contemplation of dismissal, which according to Criminal Procedure Law is "is not an admission of guilt or a guilty plea". Tired of being wrong yet?

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
The Philadelphia Flyers have enter the chat.

This just has another Fletcher overpayment written all over it, especially with how desperate the Flyers are to maybe crack the 8th playoff seed just to get obliterated in the first round.

redandyellowcametobe

Jan 4, 2019
Ex wife says he’s signing in LA
3BA3F1D9-7ED7-4721-9825-776BFDD56B8D.png

PostBradMalone

Mar 19, 2022
That doesn't make sense for a couple of reasons:

1) LA doesn't need another pricey winger after acquiring Fiala and re-signing Kempe. They also have a number of kids ready for top six time.

2) How would Anna Kane know that without Kane, his lawyer, and/or his agent telling her... which would not benefit any of them to do?

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
You'd think he'd be less demanding with the team who gave him a second chance.
As an Oiler fan I don't blame the guy for chasing some money. He pretty much pissed away his career earnings.

With that being said I'd sure hope he'd circle back to us before signing with someone else.

Just tough to blame any UFA for taking more money elsewhere.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Unfortunately for him his past troubles limit him greatly

He didn't have those issues well he'd still be on his 7x7 contract with the Sharks but right now if he was a ufa without any troubles in a hypothetical world

He's looking at 60-70M not 40-50M

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
In the end it doesn't matter. He'll be broke in 10 years no matter what his next contract is.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
I see no reason he shouldn't test the market to see. No contender will give him that, but maybe a desperate team like Philly or NJ

redandyellowcametobe

Jan 4, 2019
Chick seems like a nut job honestly.

LA wouldnt surprise me though. I think that teams given up on the rebuild.
Idk. She seems like she’s scorching the earth to me. Probably not the best tactic going thru a custody battle though. That said, it’s pretty comical the stuff Kane used against her on a emergency custody hearing that gave him temp custody. To me, she’s proven he/his lawyers were lying on the vast majority of it. Fwiw she’s passed every court ordered evaluation deeming her a completely fit mother. She’s posted two different doctors findings since the ruling.

Either way, yeah.. I’ve thought LA was definitely in the mix from the beginning. Wouldn’t surprise me at all. I do wonder if they will give him a long term.

Ya lets listen to the psycho ex-wife!
Hard disagree. I think she’s proven Kane and his team have lied without any doubt to get that emergency temp custody. Like I said abov, two different court appointed doctors have ruled her stable and fit to be a mother. Unless she photoshopped and forged doctors findings that is

LAKings88

Fire BLuc
Dec 4, 2006
Blackhole
Idk. She seems like she’s scorching the earth to me. Probably not the best tactic going thru a custody battle though. That said, it’s pretty comical the stuff Kane used against her on a emergency custody hearing that gave him temp custody. To me, she’s proven he/his lawyers were lying on the vast majority of it. Fwiw she’s passed every court ordered evaluation deeming her a completely fit mother. She’s posted two different doctors findings since the ruling.

Either way, yeah.. I’ve thought LA was definitely in the mix from the beginning. Wouldn’t surprise me at all. I do wonder if they will give him a long term.

Hard disagree. I think she’s proven Kane and his team have lied without any doubt to get that emergency temp custody. Like I said abov, two different court appointed doctors have ruled her stable and fit to be a mother. Unless she photoshopped and forged doctors findings that is
LA has no cap to add him. At all.

Reactions: Stimpythecat

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
LA has just over $4 million in cap space with Durzi, Anderson, Vilardi, and JAD left to re-sign. Kings would need to trade Iafallo, Walker, or one of the goalies to make any sort of move.

Perhaps she means Anaheim, who has almost $40 million in cap space?

It’d be nearly impossible for LA to do this right now. I also don’t think Kane would work on a team that has put its primary focus on “character”.

bellringer77

Nov 14, 2017
There are about 10 elite UFA's as well. Then 30 more guys who are going to be really disappointed after the money is gone. I predict a few guys sign one and two year deals as thats the only options they will have in hopes that when they expire there is more cap room. The mid tier forwards are the ones that are going to be really disappointed. I see guys like Mikheyev and Trocheck expecting 4.5 and 6 million. Dont know who is going to give them that.
Trochek can get that. He's an over .5 ppg center. You don't get guys like that anymore for 4.5 let alone under it

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Chick seems like a nut job honestly.

LA wouldnt surprise me though. I think that team has given up on the rebuild.
Funny, no one thought that around here when he was a Shark. They took her word as if it was gods.

She may be the 1 person more out of touch with reality than Evander.

LMFAO

May 20, 2010
I don’t blame him to go for the most money he can get, I just don’t know how smart it is for a team to commit for 6-7 years to Kane given his track record.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad