Seravalli: Kane's camp steadfast in belief a 40-50 M contract available in UFA - allowed to speak with teams

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
I'm about the furthest thing from an Evander Kane fan but 4 years 4.5per is a borderline insulting offer for a player of his caliber.
The talking to other teams thing could be a ploy. Could be Edmonton playing hardball and thinking that nobody else will offer much so they are lowballing. I wouldn't be shocked if it was a ploy to see if any teams are interested or not.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
The talking to other teams thing could be a ploy. Could be Edmonton playing hardball and thinking that nobody else will offer much so they are lowballing. I wouldn't be shocked if it was a ploy to see if any teams are interested or not.

I hope Holland offers a fair 3 year contract with the option to neg to 4 years. Outside that, he can go

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
I think most organizations won't sign him. I doubt he gets anywhere close to the number speculated here. Should drive the price down. I'm shocked honestly there wasn't more blow back in Edmonton from the deal they did with him. Hard to say you care about what kind of people you have in your organization when you bring him in.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I'd be very surprised if he got such a deal with all of the off ice stuff that has transpired over the years. I could see a $30 million deal ie. $6 million x 5 years, beyond that? Very risky if things go sideways.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
I feel like it’s bad timing on a couple fronts for him. His arbitration case is a mess and might not be resolved. To make matters worse the forward free agent class is absolutely bonkers this year so no ones going to wait around for him. Still hoping they can find a way to keep him in Edmonton. There’s no better fit on our wing.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Gregsky99

Dec 16, 2012
If he didn't have the hearing about the San Jose contract, then maybe this is easily doable.. but I think alot of teams are leery about the way that battle will go. If he wins does the new team have to pay more? Less? Nothing? Etc. We're in uncharted waters here

PostBradMalone

Mar 19, 2022
I’m shocked honestly there wasn't more blow back in Edmonton from the deal they did with him. Hard to say you care about what kind of people you have in your organization when you bring him in.

Kinda like when the Flames hired Bill Peters?

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Kinda like when the Flames hired Bill Peters?
The Flames immediately fired Bill Peters when his conduct came to light. It's not remotely the same as signing a player with multiple civil payouts for sexual assault and a laundry list of other items.

PostBradMalone

Mar 19, 2022
The Flames immediately fired Bill Peters when his conduct came to light.

Key words here. Seems they only cared about employing a racist when it became public knowledge, but otherwise let years worth of negative conduct in private slide.

It's not remotely the same as signing a player with multiple civil payouts for sexual assault and a laundry list of other items.

Gambling debt > racist bullying. Interesting set of standards you have.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
I wouldn't want him, but if I did, he would not get more than 2 or 3 years as he is a massive flight risk to do something stupid.

Mattb124

Apr 29, 2011
I think most organizations won't sign him. I doubt he gets anywhere close to the number speculated here. Should drive the price down. I'm shocked honestly there wasn't more blow back in Edmonton from the deal they did with him. Hard to say you care about what kind of people you have in your organization when you bring him in.
Yes, there is what his production on paper should garner but the entire league knows his history as a total ****bag. IMO he will get a 2-3 year contract at a higher AAV, but will not get term.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Key words here. Seems they only cared about employing a racist when it became public knowledge, but otherwise let years worth of negative conduct in private slide.

Gambling debt > racist bullying. Interesting set of standards you have.
Sexual assault = gambling debt?

It's interesting that you appear to minimize his behavior. Says how important you think character is. Peters is rightly out of the league and was fired immediately when the news came to light. It's one thing to hire someone not knowing something. It's another when you know and show by your actions you don't care.

Yes, there is what his production on paper should garner but the entire league knows his history as a total ****bag. IMO he will get a 2-3 year contract at a higher AAV, but will not get term.
It's kind of revelatory the way some Oiler fans try to pretend it's only gambling debt. Not the classier ones, but there's a big portion of their fanbase that flat out doesn't care about his history. He should be out of the league like Voynov. Even more so as Voynov was only one incident. Kane is multiple.

PostBradMalone

Mar 19, 2022

Show me where he was found criminally responsible for sexual assault.

It's interesting that you appear to minimize his behavior. Says how important you think character is. Peters is rightly out of the league and was fired immediately when the news came to light. It's one thing to hire someone not knowing something. It's another when you know and show by your actions you don't care.

"When you know" eh?

1657602738811.png

Mattb124

Apr 29, 2011

It's kind of revelatory the way some Oiler fans try to pretend it's only gambling debt. Not the classier ones, but there's a big portion of their fanbase that flat out doesn't care about his history. He should be out of the league like Voynov. Even more so as Voynov was only one incident. Kane is multiple.
Yeah, I am a SJS fan and Kane was our best player 2 seasons ago. And I think he is a total ****bag. Getting the boot from 3 NHL teams, the COVID protocol violations, abortions for pay (not to mention the one he allegedly said he would pay for but didn't once it was done), and the loans he took out when he apparently knew he was going to be filing BK and hence would never have to repay them. Absolute garbage.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Show me where he was found criminally responsible for sexual assault.

"When you know" eh?

View attachment 567698
Ah, you're one of those. So he was successfully sued for 3 Million but its didnt happen eh? I'm not big on automatically pronouncing guilt without due process, but a payout for the assault is certainly an admission of guilt. He was found criminally responsible for physically assaulting 3 different women and was given a stay. I suppose that didn't happen too right? Then I suppose his wife Anna lied about him attacking her too right? I suppose the guy in Vancouver too? I suppose the girl who said he threatened, bribed and tried to intimidate her into having an abortion lied too right?.

I can't believe people still try to defend this guy. I mean if you want to say I don't care as long as he plays well then fair enough. But to try to say none of it happened is ridiculous.

PostBradMalone

Mar 19, 2022
Ah, you're one of those. So he was successfully sued for 3 Million but its didnt happen eh? I'm not big on automatically pronouncing guilt without due process, but a payout for the assault is certainly an admission of guilt.

That's explicitly what it isn't. Look up what a finding of fact is if you're confused on the matter.

He was found criminally responsible for physically assaulting 3 different women and was given a stay. I suppose that didn't happen too right? Then I suppose his wife Anna lied about him attacking her too right? I suppose the guy in Vancouver too? I suppose the girl who said he threatened, bribed and tried to intimidate her into having an abortion lied too right?.

I can't believe people still try to defend this guy. I mean if you want to say I don't care as long as he plays well then fair enough. But to try to say none of it happened is ridiculous.

So based on your non-answer about Peters, you don't actually care what Kane did or didn't do, you just care he did it while playing for a team that wasn't Calgary. Got it.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
That's explicitly what it isn't. Look up what a finding of fact is if you're confused on the matter.

So based on your non-answer about Peters, you don't actually care what Kane did or didn't do, you just care he did it while playing for a team that wasn't Calgary. Got it.
You might want to read the post again. The Flames didn't know he did those things and immediately fired him when they did. That's the proper course of action.

I don't think you understand civil law. This wasn't a settlement. This was a judgment against Kane civilly. There was no admission of guilt, there was an acknowledgement of damages. There are no damages with no actions.

How about the 3 assaults on women he was found criminally responsible for and allegations of a 4th? That ok by you too?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad