Seravalli: Kane's camp steadfast in belief a 40-50 M contract available in UFA - allowed to speak with teams

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
Chick seems like a nut job honestly.

LA wouldnt surprise me though. I think that team has given up on the rebuild.

Holy Smokes, what a whacko. Clearly has no idea how the world works and blames others for her own problems. The NHL is complicit? Complicit in what? How is the NHL supposed to stop someone from moving? Kane can live wherever the hell he wants.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Imagine thinking that various accusations for similar crimes is just "coincidences"

Surprisingly, some athletes and/or other famous people are never accused of anything, not even once

Anyway, you'd have to be desperately stupid to throw 40 M$ at the biggest thug in the NHL.

Reactions: 1909

Stimpythecat

Jul 1, 2015
Kane does seem to like LA and the golfing around Newport Beach at Pelican Hill.

As other Kngs fans mentioned, LA doesn't have the cap space and I wouldn't as a fan want Kane to negatively influence all the young prospects the Kings have.

It seems more likely (solely due to cap space) that Anaheim is more realistic. I'll let Ducks fans comment on the fit.

Reactions: kilowatt

c4rcy

Power lvls over 9000
Jun 15, 2009
OC, California
I don't know who on the Ducks would really temper Kane's attitude should it flare up, other than (if he played another year) Getzy.

I know he would be a perfect fit from a size/skill/grit standpoint and would be an amazing complement to Zegras...but I worry about his behavior.

FreudsLeatherJacket

Oct 19, 2019
Yikes. One of the last guys a team would want to give a long-term contract too. A short-term deal with a high aav maybe make sense.

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
As an Oiler fan I don't blame the guy for chasing some money. He pretty much pissed away his career earnings.

With that being said I'd sure hope he'd circle back to us before signing with someone else.

Just tough to blame any UFA for taking more money elsewhere.

Ehh, idk. With the baggage he has, just his whole package, he does owe the Oilers for giving him a chance to resurrect his career, IMHO.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Ah, you're one of those. So he was successfully sued for 3 Million but its didnt happen eh? I'm not big on automatically pronouncing guilt without due process, but a payout for the assault is certainly an admission of guilt. He was found criminally responsible for physically assaulting 3 different women and was given a stay. I suppose that didn't happen too right? Then I suppose his wife Anna lied about him attacking her too right? I suppose the guy in Vancouver too? I suppose the girl who said he threatened, bribed and tried to intimidate her into having an abortion lied too right?.

I can't believe people still try to defend this guy. I mean if you want to say I don't care as long as he plays well then fair enough. But to try to say none of it happened is ridiculous.

I wanted Kane in Edmonton before the Shark terminated his contract. I do not judge other. I do think some people will take advantage of his pass to make shit up. If the Judge thought there were any merits to his ex-wife claim Kane wouldn't have gotten custody of their child. Having said the above he has done shit and been lucky to not of been thrown in jail . It why I say a 3 year contract 4 max and not more than 5.5 . There needs to be more time before we know he changed his ways. The light can go on anytime but for some it never does.

As for my fellow Oiler fan arguing about nothing being proven. He can't honestly believe all these people are lying

ozzie

Aug 3, 2005
Australia
Incoming Watson contract? It's pretty disgusting overall to be honest. Winning is important, but not at the cost of your soul. As a fan, I'd be not to happy to sign this guy. But that's a different topic.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad