Injury Report: Kane (Wrist) Placed on LTIR, Estimate 3-4 Months Recovery

Gregsky99

Dec 16, 2012
So cap question. With Kane out, we get LTIR relief, but can we send people up and down from bako in paper transactions when we arent playing to maximize cap space at the deadline? Anyone know how that works?

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
So cap question. With Kane out, we get LTIR relief, but can we send people up and down from bako in paper transactions when we arent playing to maximize cap space at the deadline? Anyone know how that works?
As far as I know, you do not acrue LTIR once the season starts and you are over. You can only use his full cap until he is back.

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
Why can't you be patient and wait for the official diagnosis instead of creating your own?

Yah, I'm sure Maroon made a point of trying to slice up Kane's wrist.:laugh: All part of the game plan.
:thumbd:
Nice Strawman.

I said what he did was dangerous and it ended up being dangerous. He shouldn't have been skating that close to him to begin with as is patently obvious by the result.

RipsADrive

Sep 16, 2008
Edmonton

I believe Kane on LTIR allows us to exceed the cap for the amount of his contract which gives us the flexibility to make callups and such, but since we're not actually under the cap we aren't gaining any extra room at the deadline.

Reactions: Gregsky99

snag

Feb 22, 2014
I believe Kane on LTIR allows us to exceed the cap for the amount of his contract which gives us the flexibility to make callups and such, but since we're not actually under the cap we aren't gaining any extra room at the deadline.

Hmm.....was Tampa helping us pull a Tampa to use that LTIR to get the other Kane ;)

Based on what I've read, if it didn't hit any arteries or anything vital, it could be weeks. If it's the latter, then possibly months. I guess all we can do at this point is prey for the best.

Funny how Anna Kane is now showing her true colors by gloating about what happened on instagram. I think it's becoming obvious who the true abuser in that relationship was.

Regardless, all the best for Kane. He's a good dude off the ice and one hell of a force on the ice.

Now he can be like that skank.....make money off other people for nothing.

Reactions: Gregsky99

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Nice Strawman.

I said what he did was dangerous and it ended up being dangerous. He shouldn't have been skating that close to him to begin with as is patently obvious by the result.
No strawman, just responding to your post. You insinuated that Maroon did this on purpose. It's a fast game, things happen quickly in the blink of an eye and players are following puck movement, but apparently your 1500 games in the league give you a perspective edge.

Da McBomb

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 9, 2004
Best wishes and get well Evander. On your timeline.

He's probably going to be in Tampa for awhile. I hope some of the Lightning including Maroon stop in and pay a visit. I expect they will. One of the worst things about a severe injury like this is that you can feel really alone while recovering. Even Kane writing the letter out is indication of that. What a great person he is. Can you imagine being so selfless he's writing a letter to thank everybody and indicate he's OK in the midst of a traumatic episode.
How long do you think he will have to stay in Tampa for? Hopefully not too long so he can fly home and recover with his family.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
You don't play hockey with your face tho, the wrist os kinda important

Reports are coming out now 3-4 months. Wonder of Holland takes a page from the Tampa playbook and kane is out until playoffs 😶‍🌫️

Atleast Kane is actually injured.....
But that cut was awfully close to the eye area if I recall, which could have affected his vision. Eyesight in both eyes is pretty important to play hockey as well.

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
No strawman, just responding to your post. You insinuated that Maroon did this on purpose. It's a fast game, things happen quickly in the blink of an eye and players are following puck movement, but apparently your 1500 games in the league give you a perspective edge.

Now it is insinuated?

He skated in after the fact. It was a dangerous play on his part as is obvious by the result.

I don't need to play 1500 games to know that an apology is in order. Apparently (see this is where I use that insinuating thing) you feel this is just a normal accident. No apology in order. No need to do anything differently next time. Just ignore the guy lying on the ice again. Just a little accident. Fine. Agree to disagree.

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
Best wishes and get well Evander. On your timeline.

He's probably going to be in Tampa for awhile. I hope some of the Lightning including Maroon stop in and pay a visit. I expect they will. One of the worst things about a severe injury like this is that you can feel really alone while recovering. Even Kane writing the letter out is indication of that. What a great person he is. Can you imagine being so selfless he's writing a letter to thank everybody and indicate he's OK in the midst of a traumatic episode.
Its a real selfless action and reminder of what exceptional individuals pro hockey athletes can be. We're lucky to have them and lucky to have any of them putting some joy into our lives. Thats the constant and how I prefer viewing sports through the decades. That the players spread joy. Evander sure does.

I'm sure Maroon will stop by. He's a champion in more ways than just rings, the time he spent at the Stollery was pretty nutty.

ManByng

It's Me OilTastic
Aug 4, 2009
St. Albert, Alberta
Of course this had to happen! We can’t have Kane getting 35 goals this year can we? 🙄
I guess we should all be thankful this didn’t happen to Connor or Leon hey? 🤷🏻‍♂️

snag

Feb 22, 2014
Patrick Kane.... Come on down!! I kid. If timeline suggested out until playoffs, I'd rather see the money deployed on defense.

I immediately thought Kane too and then too figured defence would benefit more than more offence

Kerberos

Hound of Hades
Nov 4, 2021
I am not looking forward to seeing more Yamo or Pulju in the top 6. Sigh.

Hopefully Kane heals up and there's no lasting damage.

Reactions: Darkwinter

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
That isn't what was stated by the poster at all. Nobody said anything about intent.

Not sure about you but myself I don't like people skating OVER me when I'm down on the ice being held, and its Maroons dragging skate, that he barely even lifted up, that caused the cut. Nobody said he did on purpose. But it was a very careless action on his part.

But the officials could have helped out matters by quickly calling the dirty slewfoot. Which they never even called at all.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
I'm sure Maroon will stop by. He's a champion in more ways than just rings, the time he spent at the Stollery was pretty nutty.
He will for sure. He knows shit happens in a fast and sometimes dangerous game, and it is by no means his fault, but it was his skate by chance that was the one. But he has nothing to apologize for.

That isn't what was stated by the poster at.

Not sure about you but myself I don't like people skating OVER me when I'm down on the ice and its Maroons dragging skate, that he barely even lifted up, that caused the cut. Nobody said he did on purpose. But it was a very careless action on his part.

But the officials could have helped out matters by quickly calling the dirty slewfoot. Which they never even called at all.
Wrong spot at the wrong time is all. Not careless at all. So next time a guy falls down, everyone needs to peel off immediately and give a 10 foot space between them and the fallen player. Maroon has absolutely nothing to apologize for.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
He will for sure. He knows shit happens in a fast and sometimes dangerous game, and it is by no means his fault, but it was his skate by chance that was the one. But he has nothing to apologize for.

Wrong spot at the wrong time is all. Not careless at all. He has absolutely nothing to apologize for.
Well sure it was careless. With todays limited protection around wrists and around necks Its pretty dangerous to be skating right on top of somebody. If thats somebodies goalie down there and an opponent does that bs he gets fed. What I think is despicable on the play is the Other Lightning player slewfoots Kane, has him down and seems to be holding on. Meanwhile Maroon skates right on top. It alsost looked like he came close to stepping on Kanes wrist. Not purposeful but jebus jump out of the way or something. Why skate right over the pile. Thats a careless action with men down. How many Clint Malarchuks and this incident do we have to see for players to realize that.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
That isn't what was stated by the poster at all. Nobody said anything about intent.

Not sure about you but myself I don't like people skating OVER me when I'm down on the ice being held, and its Maroons dragging skate, that he barely even lifted up, that caused the cut. Nobody said he did on purpose. But it was a very careless action on his part.

Everything I’ve seen and heard about Maroon, I’m sure he feels like absolute garbage about it today. He is a rough and tough guy but he also is a good dude. I wouldn’t be surprised if he went to go see him and shit. He is a guy who can get caught up in a moment and forget his brain.

The missed call lead to that happening. Ref makes the call everyone is okay.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad