Kane Traded to San Jose: 2019 First Round Pick, Cond. 2020 4th Rounder, Daniel O'Regan F

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
TSN is clowning this organization. They are even underwhelmed with this return. Direct words, "even Ryan Hartman returned a first" and then went to question why Nashville didnt use that first on Kane.. TSN hurts the feels even more.

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
The worst team in the league now has 2 picks in the top 92, and very little cap space. I wish I was a Senators fan right now.

dotcommunism

Aug 16, 2007
Hey, all, how's that initial ask looking now? I heard it was very well justified cause you aim high to get a high return. Wonder how that's working out, eh?

Hartman returned a 2018 1st. Let that sink.
Yes, teams pay for control since Hartman isn't an unrestricted free agent in 4 months and won't be taking up north of $5M in cap space when he re-signs.

Endless Ike

Jul 21, 2004
Seattle, WA
TSN is clowning this organization. They are even underwhelmed with this return. Direct words, "even Ryan Hartman returned a first" and then went to question why Nashville didnt use that first on Kane.. TSN hurts the feels even more.

This organization deserves to get clowned. Obviously people were not interested in Kane's bullshit, right or wrong, but what a disaster.

DazedandConfused

thanks tips
Jul 30, 2013
Edmonton
There's a lot of risk in the deal until maybe July and then there's possibility of terrific gain, not sure what percentages I'd put on these circumstances though.

HFBoards is junk, what's that ad revenue going to.

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
I don’t know why I’m so mad. I called 2nd and a meh. I expected it. I just wish the 2nd was in this f***ing draft.

CowbellConray

Sep 8, 2010
Fine with the return. Conditions were tough to live with but I think we get an ERod type player and a decent pick next year. We will have to see what the conditions will become (as in how they play out) but you can tell this was a buyers year.

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
Damn. Underwhelming to say the least. Especially when you look at the returns for Nash, Hartman, Stasny.

The pick are 2 and 3 years out, and the 1st isn't even guaranteed? Yuck.

And we get a 24yr old 5th round pick from 2012 who is an RFA.

I hope it was more that Kane's reputation as just bad around the league and that's why he wasn't worth more. I hope it isn't Botterill being another Tim Murray when it comes to negotiations...

Lets all hope like hell Kane re-signs in San Jose!

Icicle

Think big
Oct 16, 2005
Oh great, now we get to listen to people bitch at Botteril who had 5 teams bidding for Kane down to the wire and this was the top offer.

Reality is, Kane is bad and we got the best we could get. I'm not surprised at all. I'm happy really.

The issue I have is our coach is going to ignore the Rodrigues-Eichel connection now that the full trio is re-united for Rodrigues-Eichel-O'Regan. Chemistry was there, and it lets ROR-Reinhart continue to be a thing, and Okposo play a third line role with Girgensons.

ValJames

Jun 9, 2015
NC
From the other thread...

So basically Tyler Myers, Joel Armia, Brendan Lemieux and a 1st returned us a 2nd round, a 4th round pick, a fringe NHL'er and an albatross contract in Bogosian. Awesome.

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
I
From the other thread...

So basically Tyler Myers, Joel Armia, Brendan Lemieux and a 1st returned us a 2nd round, a 4th round pick, a fringe NHL'er and an albatross contract in Bogosian. Awesome.
Can’t blame Botts. This garbage fire wasn’t started on his watch.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
O'Regan could turn out to be a significant player.

Clipboard02.jpg

Sabretooth

May 14, 2013
Ohio
So we basically get nothing...

a meh prospect.

a maybe 1st probably 2nd rnd pick we can't even use in currency in 2018 because it won't have defined value. When we finally get to use the pick, just what we need, more bailey/baptiste's to tease us and provide false hope for the next 8 years or so from now...

a 4th that can maybe buy us another scott Wilson type, or draft a nobody who won't be relevant for 8 years.

I don't care if it's melodramatic. I'll bet Kane contributes more goals to SJS the rest of this year than any piece individually or collectively contribute to buffalo in the next 8 years combined. #fatstacks on that.

we got nothing.

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006
Why not take this to 3 pm and see if anyone changes to a straight 1st or lottery protected 1st? Botterill got taken to school here.

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
You're ignoring Kane played 3 seasons in BUF, and there was a value to that. (That's a huge ignore.)

You're also misrepresenting the value Armia and Lemieux had at the time of the trade.

A fairer comparison would be to hold Myers and Bogosian out of the Kane comparison as 1-for-1.

And Jason Kasdorf is sad. ;)

valet

obviously adhd
Sponsor
Jan 26, 2017
buffalo
It's really not that bad of a trade y'all. We weren't resigning Kane, and everyone knew it.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
Clearly Botterill had 3-4 better offers but just took this one for fun.

Or maybe GMs understand that Kane is an idiot Hockey player and having a guy who is terrible defensively that loves to rip high shots around the boards isn't a great recipe for playoffs success. The fact that he got traded to a team that may not even make the playoffs should probably give you a good gauge on his value around the league.

Reactions: Fezzy126 and 1972

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad