Kane Traded to San Jose: 2019 First Round Pick, Cond. 2020 4th Rounder, Daniel O'Regan F

Taro Tsujimoto

Jan 6, 2009
Clarence Center, NY
The first is reportedly lottery protected. Doesn’t that mean it goes to the Sabres this year if the Sharks make the playoffs (and goes to the Sabres next year if the Sharks miss)?

pigpen65

Jul 25, 2011
Definitely not a big enough return to justify keeping him this long into the season. Hopefully JBotts learns from this. Build a team, don't collect players. Take the trash to the curb before it starts to stink. Lehner's next.

MackAttack26

Jan 10, 2015
Ontario
Even if lottery protected, that first could be decently high. I expect SJ to possibly start falling off after this year.

Called the O'Regan part! Missing the Heed and cap dump part I gussed.

Overall, it could have been a lot worse. Not loving it, but I am satisfied.

Reactions: Dubi Doo

Endless Ike

Jul 21, 2004
Seattle, WA
The first is reportedly lottery protected. Doesn’t that mean it goes to the Sabres this year if the Sharks make the playoffs (and goes to the Sabres next year if the Sharks miss)?

I think the fear is that it's a 2019 pick that goes to 2020 if the Sharks don't make the playoffs NEXT year.

Which means we should have an impact player from that pick approximately.....never.

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006
Not sure why people care about it being next year. A 1st is a 1st, probably be around the same position.

I hoped for a better prospect. The return was about pretty much the lowest acceptable return. So Botterill didn't strike out with this trade, it's an ok trade.

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
Condition is bad. This is a f***ing terrible return for a f***ing terrible GM of a f***ing terrible organization.

Rasmus CacOlainen

The end of the Tank
Sep 24, 2015
Europe
I must be in the minority, I like the deal.
Whats there to like? The pick in 2019 or the one in 2020? Forever in rebuild? O'Reagan has 1 goal in the NHL at 24.

Pierre LeBrun‏Verified account @PierreVLeBrun 1m1 minute ago
More
Here's the condition of the first-round 2019 pick in the Evander Kane deal: if the Sharks re-sign Kane, it's a first; but if Kane walks into free agency, it's a second-round pick in 2019

AJHAHAHAHAXHHAXHAXHAXHAXH BOTTS WHAT THE f*** DID YOU DOOO????

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad