Kane trade talks heating up, what would you want in return?

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
So your going to deny what former teammates had to say about him strictly because your trying to sell him..... if there is smoke there is fire

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
So your going to deny what former teammates had to say about him strictly because your trying to sell him..... if there is smoke there is fire

I'm going to listen to what current teammates say... like a rational person would.

Look... there is soooo much an informed hockey person such as yourself could use to criticize Kane. I criticize Kane on a near daily basis. But your "lockerroom cancer" argument basically betrays the costume you are trying to wear.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
Kane's attitude will be just fine if you view him as a rental.

The only question I would have about Kane's attitude is what will it be like if my team were to sign him to a long term, big money, guaranteed contract.

But, he has been a model citizen this season by all accounts. The fact that he has stayed on the straight and narrow and been productive in a contract year shouldn't be too surprising.

Why do you think that is... could it be because it's a contract year. Like u said not worth our top prospects, don't have a first this year nor should we use next years, doesn't fill a position of need for blues if he was rh rw things would be slightly different still wouldn't want him on my team

thewookie1

Jan 21, 2015

And supposedly your team is in on Kane with something at least sorta close to GMBots asking price.

Your GM just may not care if it he gives you the boost to get to the Cup Finals.

Crazy Tasty

Oct 5, 2005
Joisey
No, most people are ignoring you, not the incident that happened 2 years ago on a different team. If you don't think that a person in a bad situation can mature when the environment around him changes.... not sure what to tell you.

Reactions: brian_griffin

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Why do you think that is... could it be because it's a contract year. Like u said not worth our top prospects, don't have a first this year nor should we use next years, doesn't fill a position of need for blues if he was rh rw things would be slightly different still wouldn't want him on my team

I wasn't talking about position fit or trade value.

I was talking about your hot take about what former teammates thought of Kane like that matters one iota to what his attitude is this season.

If you look at Kane's career, he has kept his nose clean when he has been in prior contract years and he has again this year.

So, I don't believe that his attitude will be an issue for a team looking at him as a rental at this year's trade deadline.

And there will be at least one GM willing to overpay him if he hits UFA.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
No, most people are ignoring you, not the incident that happened 2 years ago on a different team. If you don't think that a person in a bad situation can mature when the environment around him changes.... not sure what to tell you.

Almost 3 years ago

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
Out of curosity, what is sam reinhart's perceived value. I know he is young hasnt hit near his potential. See him as middle six center or second line rw.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
I'm sorry truth hurts. Wouldn't want that guy in my locker room. That does effect value, possibly resigning him. If you think Dunn equals 3 months of Kane and his attitude your wrong.
There is no truth here, just ignorance.

sincerity0

Dec 23, 2016
A good / great D prospect interests me MUCH more than a first in 2018-19.

If we go by the rule of thumb that it takes Dmen 4 years or so years to develop, a 2019 first does nothing. Given the fact that we passed up so many picks, and where we are with the rebuild, I’d much rather take a prospect in his D+1 to D+3 year so we have a bit more certainty about what we are getting.

Admittedly, I am not super familiar with team’s prospects outside of Buffalo (and a few of the big names), but if we could get a Guhle+ defensive prospect and a sweetener pick I’d be Ecstatic.

Icicle

Think big
Oct 16, 2005
It’s not this board pointing out St Louis, it is Bob MacKenzie. And he knows a lot more than you. If he says St Louis is interested then they very likely are.

RhinosLastFan

Nov 7, 2017
Kyrou and Dunn are the top end talent for me personally. I also like Kostin, Thomas, Thompson, Barbashev and possible Husso.

Don't sleep on Thompson. For his size, his skating is very good and the boy has hands. I can't decide if he's legit or just another Lawson Crouse, but after his small slump he's got the scouts drooling again.

Cirris

Nov 10, 2006
Crackport
Is it just me or has there been an increase of new accounts with horrible opinions recently?

You ageist, :mad:

I've seen plenty of old timers have the occasional brainfart now and then. :help:

But To Be Fair, this is the Sabres section of the forum. This team could drive people to drink.

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
I was definitely different in my mid-20's then when I was in my early 20's. You basically double your adult life in just a handful of years. Impossible to think people don't grow / mature from that.

I'm going to listen to what current teammates say... like a rational person would.

Look... there is soooo much an informed hockey person such as yourself could use to criticize Kane. I criticize Kane on a near daily basis. But your "lockerroom cancer" argument basically betrays the costume you are trying to wear.
Same here.

Is it just me or has there been an increase of new accounts with horrible opinions recently?
You made me recall an old adage. God set a practical upper limit on mankind's IQ, but not a lower limit.

Out of curosity, what is sam reinhart's perceived value. I know he is young hasnt hit near his potential. See him as middle six center or second line rw.
Check the Reinhart thread for some good discussions. Be warned however, that poster Aladyn, might, on some days, and only when the mood strikes him, overvalue Reinhart in the slightest amount. Kinda like how 13-watt CFL bulbs are used to replace 60 W incandescents but take a few minutes to warm up. To Aladyn, Reinhart's a 60W bulb, he just looks like a 13W CFL. Poster CacObg will note if the bulb is in the coat closet, you're not gonna wait for it to warm up 2 minutes for the 15 seconds it takes you to put on your coat.

AustonsNostrils

Apr 5, 2016
Kyrou and Dunn are the top end talent for me personally. I also like Kostin, Thomas, Thompson, Barbashev and possible Husso.

damn, St. Louis has a lot of prospect currency. 50 years without a Cup, they can afford Kane and should make a strong bid.

Gimme Dunn.

AustonsNostrils

Apr 5, 2016
You made me recall an old adage. God set a practical upper limit on mankind's IQ, but not a lower limit.

Actually He did. This is the medical/psychological chart once used to classify people with low intelligence. Of course people appropriated the terms idiot/imbecile/moron as insults for normal people so they got rid of the classification system.

CV_p1qnW4AQjnDZ.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad