Kane Saga: Law & Order Episode V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glacial

Jan 8, 2013
This is good news, IF he definitely didn't do anything.

That's why I hope when the DA closes the case, he does a press conference and gives us a sense of the evidence collected in the case and whether the case was dropped because...

1.) The evidence wasn't conclusive enough to prove what, if anything, happened and they feel something may have happened but not enough evidence to build a case on.

2.) The evidence was reasonably supportive of the claims, but the evidence bag hoax bungled the case.
[This seems unlikely given the DNA evidence and the lack of an arrest, which before the rape kit evidence came out, BroadwayJay said he thought that was the most telling sign Kane was potentially innocent or the police had doubts about the claims]

3.) The evidence actually refuted the claims of the accuser and the police/DA had doubts about the accuser's claims. If this is why, they should express what those doubts were based on.

Sedita could, depending on what he says on the matter, dispel most doubt and give us a clear understanding of what may or may not have happened. I hope he says what the police & DA's office thought of the case so we know if Kane is innocent or if he is potentially a rapist who got away with it just because of how events unfolded. Except for the events of late September (DNA evidence thru Sedita's press conference), everyone, including all the journalists in the media writing about it, were speculating about the body of evidence collected (I'd group in witness, accuser testimony here). Detailing at least enough about the body of evidence would close the case in the court of public opinion to all but the hardliners on both extremes of the spectrum. The case in criminal court is all but closed.

CourtneyDagger50

Resident Pig Expert
Jan 11, 2014
Rockford
I totally agree. I just hope they give us some sense of what happened.
Hopefully, if he is indeed completely innocent, we can stop hearing him getting Booed in every arena.

STC

Oct 29, 2012
Given that Graham's "sources close to the investigation" haven't been off before, I'm guessing that this is more about the speculation that Sedita will close the investigation soon- before or after his election on Tuesday.

It is interesting that interviews were reportedly still occurring last week, they've had nearly three whole months, you'd think they'd have talked to everyone by now. I wonder how much the bag hoax dragged everything out.

I think the only thing that dragged this out so long was the fact that Sedita's election is scheduled for Tuesday. Granted, he is running unopposed, but he probably didn't want to take any chances of a public backlash at the polls until the ink was dried on his election to judge this week.

Just watch how quickly this goes away once the elections are over this week.

STC

Oct 29, 2012
Not sure what biased crap you are talking about. I appreciated their coverage of this incident and it helped make me more aware of the issues involving rape in our society. They did a good job of talking about keeping sports and athletes in their proper perspective. Kudos to them.

This might be the single worst post I've ever read on this board. I feel sorry for you and your ability to process information if that's the takeaway you got from the Score's borderline criminal coverage of this case.

Beukeboom Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Chicago, IL
Visit site
This might be the single worst post I've ever read on this board. I feel sorry for you and your ability to process information if that's the takeaway you got from the Score's borderline criminal coverage of this case.

I'd LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to hear what happened from some jackholes who said this was a "slam dunk conviction" (aka - Giangreco).

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
I'd LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to hear what happened from some jackholes who said this was a "slam dunk conviction" (aka - Giangreco).

slamdrunk* lol these guys are a joke and if you didn't know that before, I hope you do now! What about that crazy lady that inserted herself into the case and received threats?

Glacial

Jan 8, 2013

Giangreco a few days later admitted his source, the same one that called it "a slam dunk", said the odds have turned in the opposite direction.

These folks need to get together and reveal all the sources who were wrong to one another so they can figure out where they went wrong or maybe make them public, name and shame, since they weren't delivering information that was remotely accurate (sources should be protected in general, but if they are lying, misleading the press or manipulating them for their own benefit in the case, I don't think they fall under the aegis of protecting journalism). I can guess where some of the information came down from (like from someone in the accuser's family), but "slam dunk" and other sources? I don't know. The unnoticed thing that should be a story of its own is how gullible the media is in how they run with whatever 'sources' give them without weighing the quality of their information or the source's potential bias or stake in the case and everyone else trusts the other papers/outlets to have checked out their sources (kind of like how Eoannau was played by trusting the mother's claim at first without even checking the basic parameters of rape kits and storage materials).

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
You wonder if they put this out there to beat the DA coming out and saying he doubts her story? Hopefully the DA still opens up on his thoughts. It sounds like Patrick Kane deserves to have his name cleared....not just have the case quietly dropped.

Kitty Hawk

"None of that stinkin' root beer!"
Sponsor
Aug 16, 2015
Chicagoland, Illinois, USA
You wonder if they put this out there to beat the DA coming out and saying he doubts her story? Hopefully the DA still opens up on his thoughts. It sounds like Patrick Kane deserves to have his name cleared....not just have the case quietly dropped.

Only the DA can clear the case, with or without her cooperation.

Ace Rothstein

Aces High
Mar 13, 2012
How long until a civil suit is filed? Although with the shenanigans her family has pulled, they might have a difficult time getting a lawyer worth a damn to represent them.

Marina

Mar 26, 2013
Florida
The inconclusive nature of this case drives me crazy. We'll never really know what happened. At least it appears to be pretty much over.

/:

cassac

Sep 19, 2013
Its amazing how quiet the main board is about this newest development.

Actually it is not. Much like how more and more people decided to stop putting their two cents in once this case began developing in Kane's favor.

Even if the DA holds a press conference and says the evidence completely clears Kane, fans of opposing teams will continue to boo him and make cat calls referencing this. Much like posters on the main board will continue to claim that he got away with a crime and nothing proves his innocence.

Kitty Hawk

"None of that stinkin' root beer!"
Sponsor
Aug 16, 2015
Chicagoland, Illinois, USA

Actually it is not. Much like how more and more people decided to stop putting their two cents in once this case began developing in Kane's favor.

Even if the DA holds a press conference and says the evidence completely clears Kane, fans of opposing teams will continue to boo him and make cat calls referencing this. Much like posters on the main board will continue to claim that he got away with a crime and nothing proves his innocence.

Regrettably, you're probably correct.

Marina

Mar 26, 2013
Florida

People have already made up their minds about this. I've seen people say they wouldn't believe he's innocent even if the victim came forward and said she was lying. It's absurd.

Personally I don't know who or what to believe but I guess it doesn't really matter because I'm still rooting for the Hawks and as long as Kane is on the team I'll be rooting for him by extension.

Pepe Silvia

Jan 2, 2012
Chicago

Let them boo. They'll keep looking like ignorant fools and Kane will keep scoring.

And the main board is a joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad