Kane might be in legal trouble in Buffalo (verifiable sources only, no hearsay)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thucydides

Dec 24, 2009
I don't know if it's true, and I'm not going to speculate. But Kane needs to go into AA or something. He obviously doesn't know how to handle his liquor.

Kurtosis

GHG
May 26, 2010
The Village Within the City
Patrick Kane, the star player of the Chicago Blackhawks who grew up in South Buffalo, is the target of a rape investigation by Hamburg police for an incident that occurred over the last weekend, two law enforcement sources have told The Buffalo News.

A local woman has accused Kane of a sexual assault, the sources said.

The law enforcement sources said that the woman went to a hospital where a rape kit was performed.

Yikes.

HawksBeerFan

Nov 9, 2014
I'd like to buy each and every one of you a jump to conclusions mat.

Is it good? No. Is it bad? Not necessarily.

HawksBeerFan

Nov 9, 2014
It's bad. We have yet to see if it's really bad.

Celebrities do in fact get falsely accused. I'm not saying this is the case, just that it happens.

Let's let the process play out before saying anything definitive is all I'm saying.

Neo1978

Aug 3, 2015
To make matters more complicated, Teresa Weakley, a Buffalo anchor who first made the statement that it was a rape investigation, quickly turned around and deleted her tweet. That Tim Graham tweet is the only prominent personality that I'm aware of that's directly saying the r word now.

What that means, I have no clue. I just need a drink.

A TSN tweet stating sexual assault was also pulled. The desire to be first and the desire not to be sued, makes for a very bizarre twitter world.

deytookerjaabs

Johnny Paycheck's Tank Advisor
Sep 26, 2010
Eastern Shore
If a rape kit was performed, and the incident happened last weekend the result of that kit are probably in by now. Oh boy...

That still doesn't mean it was indeed rape.

Esq

in terrorem
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2009
Village in the City
If a rape kit was performed, and the incident happened last weekend the result of that kit are probably in by now. Oh boy...

That still doesn't mean it was indeed rape.

That doesn't mean anything. Even if the rape kit is positive, it doesn't mean it wasn't consensual.

As a lawyer, reading a thread like this makes my eyes bleed.

scarchelli

Aug 19, 2014
Some of the speculating here is hilarious. Just stop. None of you know **** about what happened. "Mod warning: no speculation" then why are 90% of the comments here ok?

Esq

in terrorem
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2009
Village in the City
Literally no one cares about Slava Voynov. This is Patrick Kane we are talking about. Did he hold a girl down and forcefully rape her or did he beat the crap out of her before, during or after the process? There's a lot of details we still don't know that will determine what kind of punishment Kane is looking at. If there are no signs of extreme physical abuse, Kane will be in the clear. Please do not think I'm saying that this is okay though.

So if he raped her but did it gently he'll get off ok?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad