Kane might be in legal trouble in Buffalo (verifiable sources only, no hearsay)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
Tim Graham ‏@ByTimGraham · 2m2 minutes ago
The Patrick Kane investigation is a rape investigation.

There now its not libel to state the obvious

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
Just curious, if someone were to be found guilty of such a crime what would happen regarding their contract? It can't be fully guaranteed if you are found guilty of a serious felony crime, no way. I am not assuming anything regarding Kane, just wondering what the deal is if something serious happens with an NHL player under contract.

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
Just curious, if someone were to be found guilty of such a crime what would happen regarding their contract? It can't be fully guaranteed if you are found guilty of a serious felony crime, no way. I am not assuming anything regarding Kane, just wondering what the deal is if something serious happens with an NHL player under contract.

Guessing you can terminate the contract

Revelate

Apr 10, 2011
some people in Buffalo dislike Tim Graham because he can be petty/get in silly arguments on Twitter, but he is a legitimate source.

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
Someone like Kane who has beautiful women lining up to be with him, can something like this really be true? I guess if you want to be with the one who says no in the end, but man you just can't put yourself in this position under any circumstance. And even if its consensual what happens if the girl decides to accuse you anyway after the fact looking for money? The publicity alone is a killer even if you did nothing wrong. And if you did do it you are a major idiot. Thought this stuff was done with him but he still seems to lack maturity. He was with a woman on the ice during the cup celebration, he does seem like he wouldn't be a one woman man.

Early days, but this is potentially a major blow to the Hawks. My guess is a statement from Kane would come soon denying everything and the Hawks saying they are aware of the matter and have no comment at this time.

HeisenBaez

Nov 3, 2008
Heart of Dixie
I don't think Buffalo is the problem

Maybe, maybe not. Some players, when they go home trouble seems to find them, ie Rolando McClain/Decatur, Al, Starlin Castro/DR come to mind, and now Pat Kane is that club. I would advice Kane NOT to return to Buffalo because he seems to be a target given his reputation and personality.

The Red Helmet

Dec 19, 2007
Tim Graham of The Buffalo News reporting that the Pat Kane investigation is a rape investigation.

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
Someone like Kane who has beautiful women lining up to be with him, can something like this really be true? I guess if you want to be with the one who says no in the end, but man you just can't put yourself in this position under any circumstance. And even if its consensual what happens if the girl decides to accuse you anyway after the fact looking for money? The publicity alone is a killer even if you did nothing wrong. And if you did do it you are a major idiot. Thought this stuff was done with him but he still seems to lack maturity. He was with a woman on the ice during the cup celebration, he does seem like he wouldn't be a one woman man.

Early days, but this is potentially a major blow to the Hawks. My guess is a statement from Kane would come soon denying everything and the Hawks saying they are aware of the matter and have no comment at this time.

Without knowing the details its impossible to say. Maybe she got really drunk and has buyers remorse. I'm not saying he didn't rape her, but allegations like this aren't unique. Starlin Castro got accused of exactly this a year ago.

MurrayBannerman

I post about baseball on a hockey forum
Feb 18, 2012
CHI
Maybe, maybe not. Some players, when they go home trouble seems to find them, ie Rolando McClain/Decatur, Al, Starlin Castro/DR come to mind, and now Pat Kane is that club. I would advice Kane NOT to return to Buffalo because he seems to be a target given his reputation and personality.

Let's not call him a target. If this ends up being bologna, then yea go for that. If it doesn't, he needs to get the **** out of Buffalo because he can't control himself there.

dbridge

Bluth Lockout 2015
Nov 28, 2010
Chicago
Did the NHL suspend Voynov? Because they didn't suspend Varlamov

The NHL did suspend Voynov (he may still be suspneded in fact, I'm not sure). Life before Ray Rice (Varlamov) and after Ray Rice (Voynov) are two completely different things with regards to sports suspensions.

abt424

Apr 4, 2012
Austin
Let's not call him a target. If this ends up being bologna, then yea go for that. If it doesn't, he needs to get the **** out of Buffalo because he can't control himself there.

If it ends up being true, his problem is much harder to solve than "get out of Buffalo"

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
It's an investigation, not an official charge. People with money, especially famous people with money, are accused of this a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad