Kane might be in legal trouble in Buffalo Pt II (verifiable sources only, no hearsay)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.
Status
Not open for further replies.

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
If he's not charged by the start of the season, then he won't be suspended by the team or the league. Neither would be able to hold up to the inevitable NHLPA grievance.

HOWEVER, it is within the realm of possibility that Kane and the Blackhawks agree to sit him out, just to ensure that every freaking skate, practice, pre-game, and post-game isn't besieged with questions to and about Kane. But even that is unlikely unless some new piece of evidence explodes the whole thing.

More likely, I think, the Blackhawks hold one conference at the beginning of the season with Kane, have him give a statement, and then basically threaten explicitly or implicitly to rescind press passes for anybody that inquires on the matter at a Blackhawks game again.

Yeah, the problem is no team is going to give back FULL value for Kane.

Like, you'd need a Benn or Tarasenko level player coming back, and nobody is going to hand that over when they're taking on 10.5 million.

If they decide they don't want him there, that's what I think will happen - it will be announced as some sort of "mutual agreement" - they won't suspend him.

Periwinkle

Apr 3, 2014
HOWEVER, it is within the realm of possibility that Kane and the Blackhawks agree to sit him out, just to ensure that every freaking skate, practice, pre-game, and post-game isn't besieged with questions to and about Kane.

Interesting take. I could see that happening.

Supertack

Nov 19, 2013
Mundelein
Unless you're getting another game changing and dynamic player back then I don't know how the Hawks even come close to benefitting in any Kane deal.

If Bowman gets the same return that Kessel got, for instance, I'd be extremely disappointed and extremely angry

Spot on. Very few players I would be ok with IF the Hawks decided they HAD to trade Kane.

Ya gotta discount the possibility of him being dealt for another top 5 league player (Crosby, Stamkos, Ovie, ect) right off the bat. So that puts it into 1a category at best.

The only way I wouldn't be completely disgruntled is if they got a player like say Tarsenko, or McKinnon....

Slick Willy*

How do you guys feel about him at this point?

IMO he's innocent until proven guilty, but it seems like it's the other way around.

It's sad that the legal process can't even run it's course and people have made their mind up.

I personally think he's innocent. Hawks should not get rid of him, but it sounds like they're going to move on from him? http://chicago.suntimes.com/sports/7/71/924493/blackhawks-must-consider-trading-patrick-kane

It's just wrong that the legal process doesn't even proceed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
I've never cared for the guy off the ice, but when he has a Hawks sweater on and is performing on the ice, he is one of my favourites.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014

IMO he's innocent until proven guilty, but it seems like it's the other way around.

It's sad that the legal process can't even run it's course and people have made their mind up.

I personally think he's innocent. Hawks should not get rid of him, but it sounds like they're going to move on from him? http://chicago.suntimes.com/sports/7/71/924493/blackhawks-must-consider-trading-patrick-kane

It's just wrong that the legal process doesn't even proceed

On the ice, no feelings have changed. He's a dynamic offensive weapon.

Off the ice, to be determined. If he's charged and found guilty, it's going to be hard to watch some of those playoff highlights in the future.

As far as the trade rumors, IF the Blackhawks are seriously considering trading Kane, it has little to do with the legal process at this point. He's only under investigation. It has more to do with the fact that Kane has been warned repeatedly about not being an idiot and putting himself into bad situations off the ice, and the potential PR mess that could come of this for a VERY image-conscious organization.

That said, I just don't see Kane getting traded unless somebody offers the Blackhawks something they can't refuse. Because I think Kane is popular enough and makes so much money for the organization, that they net gain of trading Kane is smaller than the net loss of keeping him and trying to mitigate any damage as a marketing 'face'.

Last edited by a moderator:

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
I've never cared for the guy off the ice, but when he has a Hawks sweater on and is performing on the ice, he is one of my favourites.

FWIW. An acquaintance of mine attended school in London and met Kane when he was playing Junior hockey - She ran into he and his teammates several times after that ..... said he was a nice guy but some of the other London players were idiots (her words).

Personally, I hate the "show time" antics when he scores the big goals. I imagine that will be tempered somewhat in the future (after the reality check he must be going through right now. If this doesn't shake him into growing up, nothing will).

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
FWIW. An acquaintance of mine attended school in London and met Kane when he was playing Junior hockey - She ran into he and his teammates several times after that ..... said he was a nice guy but some of the other London players were idiots (her words).

Personally, I hate the "show time" antics when he scores the big goals. I imagine that will be tempered somewhat in the future (after the reality check he must be going through right now. If this doesn't shake him into growing up, nothing will).

Yeah, I am just going off of what he has done as a person that has been in the news. I haven't met him personally. I don't care for the excessive celebrations either, but they could be worse.

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
The press is going to be a huge distraction with this if Kane is at camp or not. Reporters will be asking other players about the incident, ect. I imagine requests for press credentials will be through the roof.

Kane and the rest of the team will get grilled by the press whenever he ends up with the team so it might as well be at the start of camp. If the situation remains as is you might as well get the initial push of the press over with ASAP, it will die down the longer nothing happens.

skiba77777

Jun 24, 2013

Eww. You know almost nothing about what happened, so that is just a complete guess. You're saying he's innocent because he plays on your team.

DomBarr

Apr 7, 2014

I personally think he's innocent.
Hawks should not get rid of him, but it sounds like they're going to move on from him? http://chicago.suntimes.com/sports/7/71/924493/blackhawks-must-consider-trading-patrick-kane

strange...to be upset people have made up their minds and yet have made up your own mind...

is it all people who prejudge or just those that disagree with you that upset you?

Spectra

Registered boozer
Aug 3, 2005
This still going on? If this was a legit "rape" he would have been charged already.

Patrick Kane is a gentleman and a scholar and doesn't deserve this treatment!

Fortyfives

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2011
All of these "sources" are complete poppycock. The Hawks run a tight ship nothing leaks.

zac

Apr 29, 2009

I have always thought Kane comes across as an entitled punk. I also think he is playing to about 80 percent of his potential as he wastes a lot of "busy" energy chasing after pucks in his offensive zone (after the opposition has taken control) yet floats on the other end of the ice. He has immense talent and can be fun to watch, but he's not the kind of player I like on the ice, either (prefer two-way forwards).

This is never going to happen, but if the Blues offered Tarasenko with the Hawks eating the difference in salary, I'd do it in a heartbeat. :naughty:

With some of the playmaking potential the Hawks have now (Panarin, TT, Dano), I don't think the Hawks would miss Kane as much as many here think they would (assuming a somewhat fair return). If teams are offering great packages I'd definitely listen. Kane isn't worth 10.5 million, and even less so with the off-ice idiocy.

SAADfather

Dec 12, 2014
I don't know if you saw this and i don't mean to change the subject but i thought this might interest some of you.

Tens of thousands of rape kits go untested across USA

EXCLUSIVE NATIONWIDE COUNT BY USA TODAY REVEALS ABANDONED RAPE EVIDENCE

Steve Reilly, USA TODAY

http://www.usatoday.com/longform/news/2015/07/16/untested-rape-kits-evidence-across-usa/29902199/

I don't see this being relevant as a case that involves a celebrity is obviously going to be tested but this is actually interesting. That's kinda awful that they put those girls threw an invasive procedure to test then don't do anything with it. Why even test? That should be illegal.

just wonder...

Kane for Malkin with some tweaks added. Would you do it?

Why Malkin? I don't see the Pens wanting any part in this trade.

CPHawksFan

That's Hockey Baby!!
Jun 17, 2011
Crown Point, IN

I love the "showtime" antics on the ice. I hate the "showtime" antics off the ice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad