Kane might be in legal trouble in Buffalo Pt II (verifiable sources only, no hearsay)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
Sarava, two leftover questions from the previous thread.

1. Please explain how anything the bar owner said impacts what she reportedly told police regarding what transpired at Kane's house.

2. What is the alleged victim's 'agenda' that you referred to?

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
Sarava, two leftover questions from the previous thread.

1. Please explain how anything the bar owner said impacts what she reportedly told police regarding what transpired at Kane's house.

2. What is the alleged victim's 'agenda' that you referred to?

1) I never said that directly impacts it. I did answer this question twice already, with how I think it could potentially affect a trial (if one comes about). Feel free to go back and read it. I'm not going to answer the same question 16 times.

2) The victim's agenda or story. Don't read to hard in to that.

Periwinkle

Apr 3, 2014
Marotte Marauder;
Here's a more appropriate primer on what is considered objective from a legal perspective:

http://www.legallyspeakingohio.com/2...al-statements/

I don't think you quite yourself understand the point you are trying to make if you provide that as a link to back your comment. Care to explain?

Sarava:
Where did I say I had more information? Why are you making crap up?

Well, you wrote
But the second something comes out that doesn't fit the alleged victim's agenda, it's victim blaming? That's crap.

If we are to comment on a story that doesn't "fit the alleged victim's agenda", logically there has to be an agenda that this information doesn't fit. Since no information has been released that even slightly suggests an agenda, please explain why you reached the conclusion that there is one.

hawksrule

May 18, 2014
1) I never said that directly impacts it. I did answer this question twice already, with how I think it could potentially affect a trial (if one comes about). Feel free to go back and read it. I'm not going to answer the same question 16 times.

2) The victim's agenda or story. Don't read to hard in to that.

1. If you can't even theorize as to how the bar owner's statements impact her allegations, you're confirming their irrelevance. Avoided the question 16 times is more like it.

2. Agenda is a loaded word. You can pretend to not know that.

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
Marotte Marauder;

I don't think you quite yourself understand the point you are trying to make if you provide that as a link to back your comment. Care to explain?

Sarava:

Well, you wrote

If we are to comment on a story that doesn't "fit the alleged victim's agenda", logically there has to be an agenda that this information doesn't fit. Since no information has been released that even slightly suggests an agenda, please explain why you reached the conclusion that there is one.

The story that she said she was assaulted. You are trying way to hard to find something to argue with here.

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
1. If you can't even theorize as to how the bar owner's statements impact her allegations, you're confirming their irrelevance. Avoided the question 16 times is more like it.

2. Agenda is a loaded word. You can pretend to not know that.

Perhaps it is. I was actually going to use the word 'story' first. Then I thought, oh that could be taken as I'm saying she is lying. So I changed it and I still get nitpicked. I guess 'version of events' would be the most proper. Of course, this is where the word 'agenda' does fit. Because only people with an 'agenda' in this discussion would nitpick something like that :laugh:

thesaadfather

Kneel Before Saad!
Jan 30, 2014
Ohio
I'd like to know if the detectives checked Kane for any wounds. One would think he would have some marks on him if there was a struggle. If the victim scratched him, she would also potentially have skin and DNA under her fingernails.

hawksrule

May 18, 2014
Perhaps it is. I was actually going to use the word 'story' first. Then I thought, oh that could be taken as I'm saying she is lying. So I changed it and I still get nitpicked. I guess 'version of events' would be the most proper. Of course, this is where the word 'agenda' does fit. Because only people with an 'agenda' in this discussion would nitpick something like that :laugh:

You're not being nitpicked. Your agenda is clear.

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
On another note. Was reading JJ's blog. He and some others think Kane is probably a goner from the Hawks either way this turns out.

What do you all think? Obviously if he is charged and convicted that would be it. But what if he isn't charged or is charged and gets off?

At this point I'll guess he stays, but I wouldn't blame the Hawks if they moved him. And another thought is he might be hard to move with that 10.5 mil caphit if it is felt he has baggage.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
On another note. Was reading JJ's blog. He and some others think Kane is probably a goner from the Hawks either way this turns out.

What do you all think? Obviously if he is charged and convicted that would be it. But what if he isn't charged or is charged and gets off?

At this point I'll guess he stays, but I wouldn't blame the Hawks if they moved him. And another thought is he might be hard to move with that 10.5 mil caphit if it is felt he has baggage.

I think Stan, Rocky and Mcd may be losing their patience with him. The image of the team is very important to them. They had the come to Jesus meeting a few years ago already. It's not like he's being paid peanuts anymore either. Doesn't help that the team found out at the same time of the media.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
If he's not charged/convicted, he'll remain a Hawk. I'll put money on it.

Agreed. While obviously much more serious than the last time there were rumors that the Hawks were looking to move Kane, though I never believed them, he brings far too much to the ice unless he gets charged.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
I don't really care about Kanes Name.

As a Hawks Fan, I mostly care about his on-ice Performance. This is most likely going to Impact his on-ice Performance.
Kane Needs to stop to put himself in those situations.

With Toews, you read Storys about Machu Pichu and with Kane, you have a drunk immature child that has millions to spend on whatever he wants.

I just don't get it and most likely, I wouldn't buy another Kane Jersey. He lost respect no matter how this Ends.

Idionym

Apr 6, 2015
Chicago
How do you get rid of Kane? Terminate his contract? I guess, but it'd be pretty terrible to lose a face of your franchise for nothing. Trade him? Not many teams have cap space for Kane, and we probably wouldn't get fair value knowing the recent events. Neither of those options are good for the franchise too, as many fans would be up in arms if nothing happened and then they trade Kane. Honestly, unless he is charged I don't think it's really realistic. If he is charged, then the conversation becomes much more realistic.

cbh

Aug 24, 2014
My two centavos....

If Kane is found to be guilty (possible) he should receive the same penalty as any other person convicted for the same crime. No more, no less.
If it turns out that Kane is in fact, the victim (possible), she should be charged and be made to stand trial.
Having said that, I know that justice is not always carried out in a court of law....and that having $$$$ and a great lawyer goes a long way in beating charges.

I'm done here.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
How do you get rid of Kane? Terminate his contract? I guess, but it'd be pretty terrible to lose a face of your franchise for nothing. Trade him? Not many teams have cap space for Kane, and we probably wouldn't get fair value knowing the recent events. Neither of those options are good for the franchise too, as many fans would be up in arms if nothing happened and then they trade Kane. Honestly, unless he is charged I don't think it's really realistic. If he is charged, then the conversation becomes much more realistic.

there still may be more than 1 Team willing to trade for him - the Player. He's still the best RW in the NHL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad