Kane might be in legal trouble in Buffalo Pt II (verifiable sources only, no hearsay)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
I don't really have a horse in this race. Kane is what he is.

The NHL has historically distanced itself from sexual misconduct. Sheldon Kennedy left hockey and he was the victim! Did any team reach out to him?

Toxic personalities have been forced out of the league before. Avery?

The league is essentially a money generator. If they cared about the game they wouldn't endorse "game management". Once you realize that, you can better judge how owners will react to a punk player. Ask any woman how Kane can be rehabilitated for promotional purposes.

Kane is done. His contract will be voided and the union won't grieve it. If Chicago tries to peddle him, it will be leaked and they will suffer significant backlash at the ticket office. This has been shown definitively in the NFL. No owner will risk it.

he hasnt even had charges filed against him yet. way too early for "done" pronouncements.

MadhouseOnMadison

Man crush on Amonte
Oct 15, 2010
Question would Chicago or you guys want him back if he did do it?

Irrelevant question because if he did do it then he's probably not going to be playing in the NHL for quite a while, if ever again.

But if we had the choice then no, I'd rather use the $10m towards depth and as long as he's not playing for anyone else then no biggy. Wirtz worked a miracle to put this franchise back on the map. We don't need a player's crappy conduct off the ice tarnishing it.

SAADfather

Dec 12, 2014
I don't really have a horse in this race. Kane is what he is.

The NHL has historically distanced itself from sexual misconduct. Sheldon Kennedy left hockey and he was the victim! Did any team reach out to him?

Toxic personalities have been forced out of the league before. Avery?

The league is essentially a money generator. If they cared about the game they wouldn't endorse "game management". Once you realize that, you can better judge how owners will react to a punk player. Ask any woman how Kane can be rehabilitated for promotional purposes.

Kane is done. His contract will be voided and the union won't grieve it. If Chicago tries to peddle him, it will be leaked and they will suffer significant backlash at the ticket office. This has been shown definitively in the NFL. No owner will risk it.

Lol jesus. You're kinda all over the place here. First you compared Kane, the face of hockey in the United States to Sheldon Kennedy? Really? Not going to lie, I actually had to look up who Sheldon Kennedy was. And his career diddnt even end, few more seasons in the AHL and a full season in the NHL. Phenomenal comparison. Then you go comparing Patrick Kane to Sean Avery. Yeah, let that one sink in. Yeah, i'll give you punk kid, but a toxic personality? Come on.

You almost answered your own question too. The NHL is a money generator. Kane is the face of hockey in America (where the NHL is so desperately trying to grow hockey) and one of the hottest selling jerseys in the league (think it was #1 for awhile), the dude is just about to be on the cover of ANOTHER nhl video game. Do you really think they're gonna boot a money generator like Kane out of the league for ALLEGATIONS? That is absolutely insane. The only way he gets booted out of the NHL/Blackhawks is with a guilty verdict. And if you can come to the conclusion that Kane is guilty by the information available, you may need to lay off grandpa's cough medicine. You can say you don't have a horse in the race all you want, but very clearly don't care for Patrick Kane too much. You saying you don't have a horse in the race, reminds me of the Sky Bar owner saying he doesnt have "any skin in this".

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
That's ignorant. The difficulties in prosecuting rape certainly play a role in people's speculation on how this will play out, and what it will mean if/when Kane buys his way out of this.

My point is - this isnt a matter of stats. What would be more valid is - what is this prosecutor's record?

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Lol jesus. You're kinda all over the place here. First you compared Kane, the face of hockey in the United States to Sheldon Kennedy? Really? Not going to lie, I actually had to look up who Sheldon Kennedy was. And his career diddnt even end, few more seasons in the AHL and a full season in the NHL. Phenomenal comparison. Then you go comparing Patrick Kane to Sean Avery. Yeah, let that one sink in. Yeah, i'll give you punk kid, but a toxic personality? Come on.

You almost answered your own question too. The NHL is a money generator. Kane is the face of hockey in America (where the NHL is so desperately trying to grow hockey) and one of the hottest selling jerseys in the league (think it was #1 for awhile), the dude is just about to be on the cover of ANOTHER nhl video game. Do you really think they're gonna boot a money generator like Kane out of the league for ALLEGATIONS? That is absolutely insane. The only way he gets booted out of the NHL/Blackhawks is with a guilty verdict. And if you can come to the conclusion that Kane is guilty by the information available, you may need to lay off grandpa's cough medicine. You can say you don't have a horse in the race all you want, but very clearly don't care for Patrick Kane too much. You saying you don't have a horse in the race, reminds me of the Sky Bar owner saying he doesnt have "any skin in this".

yes, because people accused of rape don't sell anything, they are toxic, everyone hates them, these players have daughters, more importantly the fans are woman and have kids at the game and they don't want their kids cheering for a guy accused of being a rapist. He went from being a 3 time Cup winner to an accused rapist overnight, convicted or not, his days of video game covers and the face of Amercican hockey is over.

abt424

Apr 4, 2012
Austin

The 100% honest answer.

There is a very small part of me who would want him back. I want the hawks to win. I want to experience a dynasty and removing Kane from the equation will all but end the Hawks' current era. So a small part of me would want to ignore it and have him keep playing like Ray Lewis did, like Kobe Bryant did.

However, 95% of me would want him gone. If he stayed, I couldn't truly cheer for him. If he stayed, what does that mean for the Blackhawks organization in terms of who they are and what they stand for. When they go to a hospital to cheer up the kids and do a press release about it, part of me would think "You're doing a nice thing, but, you've already shown your true colors, and you're just doing this because of the positive press."

So, bottom line ... for me, I wouldn't want him back. But I'd be lying if I said I was 100% altruistic in this opinion.

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
What about the scenario where he pays her off?

That's a question I couldn't answer at this point. I would have to see what facts have come out at that point and decide. But I'll say this. If the facts are overwhelming in any sort of way towards him being guilty, the prosecutor would hopefully push forward, with or without the victim's cooperation.

SAADfather

Dec 12, 2014
yes, because people accused of rape don't sell anything, they are toxic, everyone hates them, these players have daughters, more importantly the fans are woman and have kids at the game and they don't want their kids cheering for a guy accused of being a rapist. He went from being a 3 time Cup winner to an accused rapist overnight, convicted or not, his days of video game covers and the face of Amercican hockey is over.

Again, this is another post making assumptions he's guilty based on no evidence. This is insane how some of you people work. I'm extremely glad none of you work in the legal system (hopefully). They are just accusations at this point. Nothing more. Kobe got accused of rape, still see quite a few Kobe jerseys, and know he's still a fan favorite.

Put it this way, If I make an accusation that your father/brother/significant male in your life raped a significant girl in my life, are you going to instantly throw your father under the bus and call him a POS and wash your hands of him? No that's, just ****ing stupid. I dont know how many times I'm going to have to say this, but lets wait till all the facts are in before we put Kane on a cross...

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Again, this is another post making assumptions he's guilty based on no evidence. This is insane how some of you people work. I'm extremely glad none of you work in the legal system (hopefully). They are just accusations at this point. Nothing more. Kobe got accused of rape, still see quite a few Kobe jerseys, and know he's still a fan favorite.

Put it this way, If I make an accusation that your father/brother/significant male in your life raped a significant girl in my life, are you going to instantly throw your father under the bus and call him a POS and wash your hands of him? No that's, just ****ing stupid. I dont know how many times I'm going to have to say this, but lets wait till all the facts are in before we put Kane on a cross...

Patrick Kane is not your father so ease up a bit there. Yes, we will wait for the evidence, but my point remains, this kid is toxic now, he punched and chocked a taxi driver over 20cents, he's been accused of rape, he's not a convicted rapist - Kobe is one example of a guy who came back from a sex case, Tiger is an example of a guy who didn't.

I just think based on Kane's punk attitude and what's happened, you won't be seeing him on video game covers or the face of anything that is trying to sell to families or trying to sell a wholesome product like a hockey experience.

But we also don't have to wait for the facts, and you admit yourself you won't either. He can pay and get away with no facts coming out like Cosby did, so you know just as well as I do that he has ways of getting out from under this.

There is no truth in these cases, just media machines working against each other. The truth is the last thing to come out, even if there is a trail most people will believe what they want to believe

Kane can score goals and in the words of Dany Heatley - "Fans love goals" so people will support him as long as he can put the puck in the net

deytookerjaabs

Johnny Paycheck's Tank Advisor
Sep 26, 2010
Eastern Shore
Patrick Kane is not your father so ease up a bit there. Yes, we will wait for the evidence, but my point remains, this kid is toxic now, he punched and chocked a taxi driver over 20cents, he's been accused of rape, he's not a convicted rapist - Kobe is one example of a guy who came back from a sex case, Tiger is an example of a guy who didn't.

Okay, what do you think about distorting reality after reading this:

Paul Cambria, speaking on "The Waddle and Silvy Show" on ESPN 1000, said Kane, 20, and his cousin James, 21, were trapped inside the car when cab driver Jan Radecki, 62, wouldn't unlock the doors.

"He wanted nothing to do with the cab driver in any way, shape or form. He simply wanted to get out of the cab. It's been revealed today that the cab driver admitted he locked these two guys in the car and wouldn't permit the one guy to stand up and simply reach for his wallet. There's more and more being developed about this."

"Apparently he said that's his MO. Anytime he takes young people, college kids or whatever, any place at night he locks them in the cab until he pays. His lawyer said this morning in an interview I heard that in the past many of his passengers have become upset because they're angry that they're being trapped in a car and not being trusted to stand up and get their money out."

Cambria was asked on the show if Kane touched Radecki. "He did not assault the cab driver. He did not rob the cab driver. He did not cheat him out of his fee. None of those things. He tried to get out of a locked cab," Cambria said.

Cambria also addressed a report in Tuesday's edition of the Buffalo News that Radecki had two drunken driving convictions and had no valid driver's license at the time of the incident. "Apparently, he's had other skirmishes with people in the past, and other difficulties, and all that will play out in the courtroom."

Perhaps there's more to THAT than your "kane beat and choked a cab driver" version of the story. Do you even know what a fella would look like after being punched/choked by an NHL'er? Doesn't matter, the criminal charges were dropped and he's still guilty of beating and choking a cab driver in the eyes of HFBoards.

SAADfather

Dec 12, 2014

I just think based on Kane's punk attitude and what's happened, you won't be seeing him on video game covers or the face of anything that is trying to sell to families or trying to sell a wholesome product like a hockey experience.

But we also don't have to wait for the facts, and you admit yourself you won't either. He can pay and get away with no facts coming out like Cosby did, so you know just as well as I do that he has ways of getting out from under this.

There is no truth in these cases, just media machines working against each other. The truth is the last thing to come out, even if there is a trail most people will believe what they want to believe

Kane can score goals and in the words of Dany Heatley - "Fans love goals" so people will support him as long as he can put the puck in the net

Yes, I'm well aware Patrick Kane is not my father, it would be pretty intersting for a man 3 years older than me to be my father. Mom would have some explaining to do. The only reason I bring up that point is it brings out "the reasonable person" argument. What would a reasonable person do in that situation? Same should be applyied to this Kane situation.

Tiger is a compleltly different story and you know that. Those werent just allegations. Albeit what he was exposed of doing isn't nearly as bad as what Kane is accused of.

I would agree he's no longer going to be on video games and such. I just made that point in response to the guy that said he's getting thrown out of the leauge regardless. You dont throw someone like Kane out of the leauge just for allegations. Insanity.

Bolded is nail on the head there. I've said it in here before, I would bet this case gets solved out of court. Some people are gonna think he 100% did it, some people are going to defend him, the majority of the people will eventually forget.

deytookerjaabs

Sep 26, 2010
Eastern Shore
What an awesome attempt to revise history. Did Kane plead guilty to lesser charges in that case? Yes or No.

Revise history? The CRIMINAL charges were dropped, he pleaded guilty to disorderly conduct! Which, would exactly follow the narrative that was given, he was being disorderly and did not punch out anyone. Maybe you need to learn the definition of "disorderly conduct."

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Okay, what do you think about distorting reality after reading this:

Perhaps there's more to THAT than your "kane beat and choked a cab driver" version of the story. Doesn't matter, the criminal charges were dropped and he's still guilty of beating and choking a cab driver in the eyes of HFBoards.

this is exactly it, there is no truth, it's just Kane's media machine trying to make him look innocent versus the opposite who is trying to make him look guilty, and people who like Kane will support him because they will have a version of events (like this one up here) that they can latch onto, and people who think he is guilty will believe the version where Kane asked for his 20 cents back, the cabbie wouldn't give it to him so he chocked him and slapped him around a bit and ran away and tried to hide.

The people who say "wait for the facts" know perfectly well there is no truth in these huge media cases. There are 2 versions of what happened in this case, and you will believe whatever side you want to believe, and we are free to do that.

I just don't like this bar owner who is a friend of Kane coming out and saying those things about the woman involved, so I think Kane is already getting his media machine rolling, and I don't like it. Kane's not waiting for the truth to come out, why should we? He's already launched his media assault through his lawyer and his greasy friends, the only person who has not said anything is the woman involved

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
the cab incident is off topic.

those of you who have joined us here on hfhawks in this open kane thread just because the main board topic closed would be advised to remember this is a hawks forum primarily for hawks fans and your thread posting privileges may be even more limited than they were in the main board so as not to cross over into troll territory

deytookerjaabs

Sep 26, 2010
Eastern Shore
Disorderly is a criminal charge. They werent dropped.

Not everywhere,

Kane pleaded guilty Thursday to disorderly conduct -- a non-criminal violation

"All the original charges were dismissed and were satisfied in the case with a non-criminal disposition to disorderly conduct," Kane's lawyer, Paul Cambria, said. "The judge gave him a conditional discharge. There was no fine imposed and the matter has been resolved."

Not only that, he didn't pay anything but a court fine and sent a letter of apology. The cab driver also never filed a civil suit, nor did he ever appear to have been choked. The guy had a history of locking kids in his cab, didn't even have a license at the time, and said he was punched/chocked but had no verifiable physical trauma!

You know you're repeating what the media spins verbatim and now you're going to likely say it was a conspiracy that Kane got off.

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
the cab incident is off topic.

those of you who have joined us here on hfhawks in this open kane thread just because the main board topic closed would be advised to remember this is a hawks forum primarily for hawks fans and your thread posting privileges may be even more limited than they were in the main board so as not to cross over into troll territory

right on - apologies.

blams

LeGoat
May 14, 2015
Illinois
About 2-7 percent of sexual assault reports are false. An estimated 35 percent of legitimate rapes are reported. Very few legitimate reports make it to trial, and nobody sees jail time. People enable rape so much its disgusting. It is really te only situation where the victim is berated worse than the accused perpetrator.

So many ****ing people just don't give a **** about someone being raped. Instead, they care about someone getting convicted. "Innocent until proven guilty"... Guess ****ing what? People don't get convicted for rape. And people are seemingly ok with that.

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
About 2-7 percent of sexual assault reports are false. An estimated 35 percent of legitimate rapes are reported. Very few legitimate reports make it to trial, and nobody sees jail time. People enable rape so much its disgusting. It is really te only situation where the victim is berated worse than the accused perpetrator.

So many ****ing people just don't give a **** about someone being raped. Instead, they care about someone getting convicted. "Innocent until proven guilty"... Guess ****ing what? People don't get convicted for rape. And people are seemingly ok with that.

this is an example of a post that is more appropriate for the politics forum.

ECBBW

Jun 29, 2014
Sydney
Can anyone shed any light on that press conference that was apparently going to take place near the United? I looked up the guy who appears to be doing it and can't find much about him other than he describes himself as an "activist". Is he affiliated with any major fan groups or anything, and any guesses as to what he might be trying to achieve?
Seems like something the organisation would probably prefer didn't happen.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com

I don't and I question whether he should be here if this case falls in to that grey area which many of these do.

He pays her and everything goes away. I'm not okay with that. There is a possibility this is a complete sham as well. What concerns me is it appears she went immediately to police. There were on site within 24 hours.

I think many people on here feel if he doesn't get charged, everything is great. I get the sense that the Hawks are not going to tolerate this bad press any longer. He may be exonerated from criminal charges but in the court of public opinion, he's guilty of being irresponsible on multiple occasions now.

blams

LeGoat
May 14, 2015
Illinois
Yes, I'm well aware Patrick Kane is not my father, it would be pretty intersting for a man 3 years older than me to be my father. Mom would have some explaining to do. The only reason I bring up that point is it brings out "the reasonable person" argument. What would a reasonable person do in that situation? Same should be applyied to this Kane situation.

Tiger is a compleltly different story and you know that. Those werent just allegations. Albeit what he was exposed of doing isn't nearly as bad as what Kane is accused of.

I would agree he's no longer going to be on video games and such. I just made that point in response to the guy that said he's getting thrown out of the leauge regardless. You dont throw someone like Kane out of the leauge just for allegations. Insanity.

Bolded is nail on the head there. I've said it in here before, I would bet this case gets solved out of court. Some people are gonna think he 100% did it, some people are going to defend him, the majority of the people will eventually forget.
Between 2 (probably closer to 2) and 7 percent of rape allegations are false. About 35 percent are reported of all of the sexual assaults. Essentially none get the trial and are convicted.

Kane really is special isn't he? Let's face the reality:

Patrick Kane statistically is likely to have raped the accuser. Note that i said likely and not that he did.

Also:

Patrick Kane will not get convicted (and probably not even go to trial)

HjamSandwich

Oct 16, 2010
Between 2 (probably closer to 2) and 7 percent of rape allegations are false. About 35 percent are reported of all of the sexual assaults. Essentially none get the trial and are convicted.

Kane really is special isn't he? Let's face the reality:

Patrick Kane statistically is likely to have raped the accuser. Note that i said likely and not that he did.

Also:

Patrick Kane will not get convicted (and probably not even go to trial)

Based on what is Kane likely to have raped the accuser?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad