Prospect Info: Kaiden Guhle Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
First tough night for Guhle tonight against NJD. Was bound to happen eventually.

picking out Guhle last night? lol. Harris was so bad, so soft, kid needs to go to Laval. Savard's braincramps and brutal passing. Edmundson and Arbur putting the puck everywhere but on a stick. The entire blueline was brutal, but lets call out Guhle lol.

Reactions: Runner77

tooji

Nov 24, 2015
He still managed to make quite a few good plays on defense and in transition, when his pairing wasn't completely bogged down.
Yeah he plays tough minutes. I notice in general he is really good at relieving pressure since he is so poised and good with his feet.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
We are at an age where we are really good at collecting huge amounts of data, but still have a long way to go in terms of adding value to it.

That goes for our society in general, and not just in hockey.

I kind of hope that we never get to the point where we are so advanced in the hockey world that the analytics will take the suspense and spontaneity right out.
No worries. What will never change is " ya still gotta play the game ". Analytics can be great tools, but just tools that need to be used properly.

JoelWarlord

May 7, 2012
Halifax
Cool thing about Guhle is he's been really impressive and still hasn't translated a big part of his game to the NHL level yet. A huge part of how he defended in junior was through physicality, and while he's never going to be able to just throw guys around in the NHL like he did in junior, he's going to develop his pro strength over the years and add a nasty physical element soon. That will make him even more effective at defending against the rush and stopping the cycle in our zone as well.

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
Guhle's a terrific rookie with a great looking future. Hilarious that there were jokers on here just this past summer saying Roy's a better prospect. :laugh::laugh:

• Haha
Reactions: KevSkillz4

Non Player Canadiens

Jan 25, 2012
Maplewood, NJ
curiosity-curious.gif

PecnoTrunk

Dec 20, 2014
What level of player do we have here ? If he continues to develop like he is supposed to, does he have a shot at a spot on team Canada in 2 years ?

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Unless he has some ridiculous offensive surge this season, it’s a shame he won’t be considered for the Calder. I get it‘s always based off numbers and as of today, hard to question what Beniers is doing, but for a 20-year old to be playing such great D, top minutes on a not completely bottom feeder team is quite remarkable.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Unless he has some ridiculous offensive surge this season, it’s a shame he won’t be considered for the Calder. I get it‘s always based off numbers and as of today, hard to question what Beniers is doing, but for a 20-year old to be playing such great D, top minutes on a not completely bottom feeder team is quite remarkable.
This kid should get a chance on the #1 PP unit.................then you will see some numbers, although it may not happen until next year.
Great pick by Timmins on that one guys.....think he will become a Markov lite type of player......

BJCOLLINS

Jul 7, 2003
Pirate Satellite
Cool thing about Guhle is he's been really impressive and still hasn't translated a big part of his game to the NHL level yet. A huge part of how he defended in junior was through physicality, and while he's never going to be able to just throw guys around in the NHL like he did in junior, he's going to develop his pro strength over the years and add a nasty physical element soon. That will make him even more effective at defending against the rush and stopping the cycle in our zone as well.
I really think Jackeye has helped Guhle this year.

With Jackeye’s excellent play and physical presence Guhle can focus solely on his craft. If Arbor wasn’t there Guhle’s jr game of punishing hits would have him dropping the gloves more often than he’s had to this year. Don’t get me wrong Guhle can toss them but he hasn’t had to cuz teams are focused on Jackeye.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
I really think Jackeye has helped Guhle this year.

With Jackeye’s excellent play and physical presence Guhle can focus solely on his craft. If Arbor wasn’t there Guhle’s jr game of punishing hits would have him dropping the gloves more often than he’s had to this year. Don’t get me wrong Guhle can toss them but he hasn’t had to cuz teams are focused on Jackeye.

None of the hits Guhle delivered made the other team want to fight him or Xhekaj

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I watched markov, Guhle plays more like a modern weber then Markov

More like a Ryan MacDonagh in his prime to me. Physical type who is strong at defending and just enough skating/offensive instincts to put up some points. Points can come later and right now, he is focusing on being reliable in his own zone as a Rookie.

Remember when some fans said he should play AHL to "develop properly" before the season started? This is one example of many where you got to let the players performance indicate where he should be and we needed training camp and pre season to figure that out.

Reactions: 417 and Colezuki

BJCOLLINS

Jul 7, 2003
Pirate Satellite
None of the hits Guhle delivered made the other team want to fight him or Xhekaj
Well I watched Guhle.. live..in Jr. many times and yes, he has laid many big hits and backed them up.
And my point is, now……in the NHL he doesn’t have to resort to that aspect of the game. He doesn’t need to fight or lay out big hits. We have a new sheriff in town.

jrom

Mar 28, 2022
Well I watched Guhle.. live..in Jr. many times and yes, he has laid many big hits and backed them up.
And my point is, now……in the NHL he doesn’t have to resort to that aspect of the game. He doesn’t need to fight or lay out big hits. We have a new sheriff in town.

In a recent interview Guhle mentionned that every player is faster and bigger so it's not as easy as in Juniors but that it's still part of his game.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I watched markov, Guhle plays more like a modern weber then Markov
Guhle plays more like Subban than the other two. Early Subban under Jacques Martin was an absolute rock defensively and he rarely made mistakes in his zone or in the neutral zone. Guhle doesn't push the pace as much in the Ozone and he's more like Weber there but he is a very nice combination of both.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad