Prospect Info: Kaiden Guhle Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
Guhle, Suzuki and Caufield are 3 reasons why I am not stressing where we end up this year.

Under Bergevin, I had zero faith in our scouting and development, as a result we basically needed can't miss prospects who our management and coaching somehow couldn't f*** up.

Under MSL and our new management, even if we pick around 10th - 15th, I have more faith they'll still be able to pick a very good player and they'll also do a proper job of developing them.

Obviously it would be best to get as high of a pick as possible. But seeing multiple young kids on this team develop, it hurts less that we likely won't be picking top 3.

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
Guhle, Suzuki and Caufield are 3 reasons why I am not stressing where we end up this year.

Under Bergevin, I had zero faith in our scouting and development, as a result we basically needed can't miss prospects who our management and coaching somehow couldn't f*** up.

Under MSL and our new management, even if we pick around 10th - 15th, I have more faith they'll still be able to pick a very good player and they'll also do a proper job of developing them.

Obviously it would be best to get as high of a pick as possible. But seeing multiple young kids on this team develop, it hurts less that we likely won't be picking top 3.
I hope you are correct as drafting in the 10 to 15 range is usually the prescription for sustained mediocrity.

Reactions: Rapala and Sagikev

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I dont know if I can take anymore years of hockey purgatory. We better be top 10 by the end

In order to guarantee a Top-10 pick, Habs need to finish 25th overall. That is the 8th pick. The most you can move back in the lottery is 2 spots. So that would guarantee they get a Top-10 pick even if they move back.

Currently in 25th place is St. Louis, and they are 4 pts behind Montreal.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018

Hopelly Dach and Xhekaj can solidify themselves as important pieces and that list can expand from 3 to 5.

Then it's Slaf and Farrell. Then it's Barron, Mailloux, Hutson, Beck, and Heineman. And that list grows to 12.

Can't believe he's a 20 year old prospect with zero pro experience. He's indispensable.

We should draft more 1Ds out of the WHL.
I always wanted Timmins to draft more dmen. He just did much better with them. And now we have a GM that can successfully convert a surplus of D into forwards (Romanov for Dach). I would bring Timmins back to exclusively focus on drafting D if he ever is let go in Columbus.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
I mean those 3 guys came from the Bergevin area

Suzuki was on pace for 49 points last year over 82 games before Ducharme was fired, he has 63 points in 63 games since.
Caufield was on pace for 22 points last year over 82 games before Ducharme was fired, he has 59 points in 63 games since.

They were acquired by Bergevin, however their development has sky rocketed since the changes to our management and coaching.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
What level of player do we have here ? If he continues to develop like he is supposed to, does he have a shot at a spot on team Canada in 2 years ?

Canada doesn't look as good as they used to on defense imo, but let's not get carried away.

Guhle looks good, and he's that rookie who seems to be avoiding the massive peaks and valleys that come with being a young dman in this league. That's what impresses me most about him... It's just his steadiness and dependability that makes it look like he's a veteran.

Reactions: Boris Le Tigre

HabsForHire

"Expect the unexpected"
Sep 21, 2011
CT
I suspect that after the team starts to dispose of some of its more tradable assets, your wish will come true.
Ya not too worried, or am I ? Haha

In order to guarantee a Top-10 pick, Habs need to finish 25th overall. That is the 8th pick. The most you can move back in the lottery is 2 spots. So that would guarantee they get a Top-10 pick even if they move back.

Currently in 25th place is St. Louis, and they are 4 pts behind Montreal.
I know how the draft works, I just want a big slump pretty soon.
😎

Reactions: Adam Michaels

CHwest

Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling.
May 24, 2011

It will take a while for fans to get over the Maestro's drafting and development. Shell shock so to speak, where everything that could go wrong, did.

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
Hopelly Dach and Xhekaj can solidify themselves as important pieces and that list can expand from 3 to 5.

Then it's Slaf and Farrell. Then it's Barron, Mailloux, Hutson, Beck, and Heineman. And that list grows to 12.

I always wanted Timmins to draft more dmen. He just did much better with them. And now we have a GM that can successfully convert a surplus of D into forwards (Romanov for Dach). I would bring Timmins back to exclusively focus on drafting D if he ever is let go in Columbus.
While I agree with this, as it's an ongoing process to build a young core, not all of these pieces have the same value on the depth chart and, IMHO, we need more tangible impact players to surround these prospects as they graft themselves onto the full time roster.

I think we can agree that Caufield, Suzuki and Guhle will be pillars of an eventual lineup, firmly entrenched as top-6 forwards or top-4 Ds.

But, IMO, for Slaf to continue progressing, we need at least another impact forward that is established, preferably a C that can play wing, but a winger can do.

On D, an established top-4 RHD, preferably a young one, or a blue chip prospect, like Guhle, near NHL-ready (if not already NHL-ready) at that position would help stabilize the back end.

With those two elements in place, grafting talented prospects like Farrell, Beck, Roy, Mesar, Mailloux, Hutson and Heineman, plus, eventually, whomever we select early in the 2023 draft, will be easier, providing those youngsters with an environment where they have less pressure to produce and carry the team, but also have talented line mates to help them produce.

It becomes repetitive, but the reasoning is explained in the previous paragraph. A power C/W like Dubois, or a power winger like Meier would go a long way, as young veterans that still fit the demographics for our young core heading forward, in providing a stronger base up front by which our prospects can benefit to progress towards their projected ceilings.

Making a move for an eventual pairing partner on RD that can complement Hutson when he arrives in the NHL in likely two more seasons would also stabilize the D-Corps, enabling prospects like Barron and Mailloux to play in the right chair and not to be burdened with too much pressure as rookies or young NHLers.

Guhle reminds me of McDonagh.

Reactions: 26Mats

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
While I agree with this, as it's an ongoing process to build a young core, not all of these pieces have the same value on the depth chart and, IMHO, we need more tangible impact players to surround these prospects as they graft themselves onto the full time roster.

I think we can agree that Caufield, Suzuki and Guhle will be pillars of an eventual lineup, firmly entrenched as top-6 forwards or top-4 Ds.

But, IMO, for Slaf to continue progressing, we need at least another impact forward that is established, preferably a C that can play wing, but a winger can do.

On D, an established top-4 RHD, preferably a young one, or a blue chip prospect, like Guhle, near NHL-ready (if not already NHL-ready) at that position would help stabilize the back end.

With those two elements in place, grafting talented prospects like Farrell, Beck, Roy, Mesar, Mailloux, Hutson and Heineman, plus, eventually, whomever we select early in the 2023 draft, will be easier, providing those youngsters with an environment where they have less pressure to produce and carry the team, but also have talented line mates to help them produce.

It becomes repetitive, but the reasoning is explained in the previous paragraph. A power C/W like Dubois, or a power winger like Meier would go a long way, as young veterans that still fit the demographics for our young core heading forward, in providing a stronger base up front by which our prospects can benefit to progress towards their projected ceilings.

Making a move for an eventual pairing partner on RD that can complement Hutson when he arrives in the NHL in likely two more seasons would also stabilize the D-Corps, enabling prospects like Barron and Mailloux to play in the right chair and not to be burdened with too much pressure as rookies or young NHLers.

Guhle reminds me of McDonagh.

Mailloux, Hutson, and Dach are looking like they could be just as valuable pieces to the core as Suzuki, Caufield, and Guhle.

We just have to wait and see...

But man do I ever want to add one of Bedard, Mishkov, Fantelli, Carlesson, or Will Smith to the core.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
I had no idea that Guhle with 14 points in only 36 games played was actually still leading the Habs D in scoring this season. Yikes.
Savard and Eddy aren't offensive dmen and both have been injured. The rest are all rookies and Matheson who has 11 pts in 19 games which is actually quite good.

Reactions: Redux91

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
I think the mistake teams made with Kaprisov will be a mistake every team won't want to make again. He's on pace for 45 goals this year.

So that will actually help Mishkov.

Not sure it'll change that much, last year, Mintyukov went top-10 because he already was in NA, Yurov, who also was arguably top-10 talent but was and still is in Russia, dropped to the end of the 1st round, to the Wild who frankly don't seem to care drafting russians. (which is one level-headed team out of all of them, at least)

Don't remember the contract situation Kaprizov was in at the time, but he was drafted in the 5th round, his contract situation couldn't have been responsible for that much of a drop.

I know that I hope HuGo won't refrain from drafting Michkov, we can wait for him, and top talent like his is rare, he could be easy to pencil next to Dach.

Now, I haven't read everything, just stumbled upon those posts, but was actually looking for information concerning Guhle, and I just know I can't wait to see him back, our young D already are good, but he still is a notch or 2 above them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad