Seravalli: Kadri watch- Contract offer will start at 8mil AAV

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigVegas17

Mar 4, 2018
Rangers having $52M locked up across Panarin, Zib, Kreider, Kadri, Fox, and Trouba for 4+ years is an interesting approach. As a Pens fan, I am all for it đź‘Ť

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
~$10.2M in space (~$2.2M after Kadri) and would still need 3 forwards (including Kakko), 2 defensemen and a backup goalie.

No real obvious cap trade to be made.

Weird.

Zynbanejad

To Blais or Not To Blais
Jul 7, 2010
I don't see this. The Rangers simply do not have the cap space. This might be Milstein leaking info to Seravalli to drive the market up.
Unless they get a bottom dweller to sign and trade him with 50% retention (is that even legal?), there's no way he signs with the Rangers

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
If he's playing with Panarin I don't expect his production to go down. I just don't see how they squeeze him in unless they are trading Trouba.
It will though. Kadri finished top 20 in scoring and PPG out of nowhere and will turn 32 soon. It remains to be seen if the 1st season will be worth it, not to mention whatever comes after that.

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
Nazem Kadri kills errrwhere. What a winner and a player :clap: Not as great as miller, JT, but gets there. Gets you the stanley cup. Also talks the talk like Miller does. He who gets kadri for the 9 million, will win the stanley cup, AGAIN. Period.

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
Unless they get a bottom dweller to sign and trade him with 50% retention (is that even legal?), there's no way he signs with the Rangers

Yes thats legal and what Brooks suggessted with his column.

However, I cant see a team retaining for the next 4-5 years or however long the contract is, if they do, then it will cost the Rangers a heck of a lot of assets! were talking about multiple 1sts...

AvalancheRy

Feb 13, 2009
Avs fan and huge Kadri fan. I'm here for Naz getting paid a ludicrous amount of money. Dude gave everything to the Avs in getting a Cup, now I want him to get paid.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Hmm seems like a good fit actually. 8M seems fair after what he did last season not even considering the fact that he won a Cup.

Dunno why this is being memed on.

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
Yeah, the Rangers are going to lose Lafreniere or Miller to an offer sheet next year if we sign an $8M center.

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
Yeah, the Rangers are going to lose Lafreniere or Miller to an offer sheet next year if we sign an $8M center.

Yep which is why it makes 0 sense that they'd be more interested in a lesser player like Kadri at 8mil

over a younger better player like JT Miller at possibly 2.5 mil.

Do they really want to expose Laffy or K. Miller like that rather than just trading a 1st and a couple of prospects for JT Miller?

Zynbanejad

To Blais or Not To Blais
Jul 7, 2010
Yes thats legal and what Brooks suggessted with his column.

However, I cant see a team retaining for the next 4-5 years or however long the contract is, if they do, then it will cost the Rangers a heck of a lot of assets! were talking about multiple 1sts...
Which I think the FO would be fine with....as a fan, I'm torn. But if it could keep most of the farm in tact and increase our cup chances, I'd be for it.

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
Hmm seems like a good fit actually. 8M seems fair after what he did last season not even considering the fact that he won a Cup.

Dunno why this is being memed on.
The issue is that no one knows how often you are going to see what he did last year, again. If it doesn't then the 8M turns into the Kevin Hayes express all over again.

EP to Kuzmenko

Dec 5, 2015
But according to fans, they can't afford 8m on an extension...

I would wager one of NYI/NYR gets Kadri and the other trades for Miller

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
Which I think the FO would be fine with....as a fan, I'm torn. But if it could keep most of the farm in tact and increase our cup chances, I'd be for it.

you'd be fine in giving up multiple 1st round picks and prospects just have Kadri on your team? Really?

If a team ate up a bad salary, let say 4-6 mil for 1 year, whats the history of cost on this? 1st ? 2nd?

So now what you're suggesting is that a team eats 50% of Kadri's 8mil aav for 4-6 years... so roughly eating 4mil a year for the next 4-6 years.

So a bad team would pay Kadri 20mil to not play on their team and take up cap space...

Do you know how many 1sts/2nds and prospects that would cost????????

and again, just to have Kadri on your team...Nazem Kadri...

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006

Which bottom dweller is willing to take on 50% of a high dollar, multiple year deal without some enormous sweetener?

I get that approach at the deadline because the bottom dweller gets an asset for taking on some salary/cap for the last couple months of one season, but for a multiple year deal? I find it hard to believe.

Zynbanejad

To Blais or Not To Blais
Jul 7, 2010
you'd be fine in giving up multiple 1st round picks and prospects just have Kadri on your team? Really?

If a team ate up a bad salary, let say 4-6 mil for 1 year, whats the history of cost on this? 1st ? 2nd?

So now what you're suggesting is that a team eats 50% of Kadri's 8mil aav for 4-6 years... so roughly eating 4mil a year for the next 4-6 years.

Do you know how many 1sts/2nds and prospects that would cost????????

and again, just to have Kadri on your team...Nazem Kadri...
He's just what the Rangers need and unfortunately the cost would be high. Depends on what prospects are going the other way, but for now, I'd be fine giving up a a couple 1sts for a potential missing piece

Reactions: Wity

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
I don't know why anyone is surprised at the number starting with 8, given the season Kadri just had. Seems to be on par with what we should expect. That said, I don't want him on my team at that price, ha ha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad