Not open for further replies.

Wandering Cynic

Dec 2, 2011
Parts Unknown
Not sure why Drury would prioritize Kadri at 32 yrs old at 8mil AAV

over

JT Miller, 29 yrs old at 5.2 AAV
then extended
JT Miller 30 yrs old 8mil AAV for x amount of years, similar to Kadri but 2 years younger.
Because Drury doesn't want to trade his third pairing RD lol.

Kadri at 8 million over 6-7 years would be hilarious.

canuckster19

Former CDC Mod
Sep 23, 2008
Gothenburg Sweden
Not sure why Drury would prioritize Kadri at 32 yrs old at 8mil AAV

over

JT Miller, 29 yrs old at 5.2 AAV
then extended
JT Miller 30 yrs old 8mil AAV for x amount of years, similar to Kadri but 2 years younger.
I mean, I get it, you can say to your fans you got a guy without giving anything up, but at the same time all the Rangers fans trying to poopoo what Miller will be at the end of this contract must have a giant lump in their throats at the sight of this.

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
8M is fine, but only if you keep it short term

Why in the heck would Kadri sign a short term contract at 32 years old, in which will be his only and final "big pay day" in a season that he came of off an unrepeatable stats that he will likely never reach again.....He is going to strike when the iron is hot,...

this will be a 4-5-6 year deal easily....

SJinNewJersey

Every single one of us, the devil inside
Dec 21, 2017
New Jersey
At the rumored price and term, absolutely.

Sucks because Kadri would be the perfect fit as the Rangers 2C in style, attitude, personality and all.

Luckily the Rangers don't have the capspace to sign him at the rumored asking price, feel like the most they could go on an AAV would be 6m and that would be pushing it. He'd want a max term which as a 32 year old isn't going to work and I know Drury is apparently more concerned with term than anything else this offseason, it's why the Rangers aren't in on Copp anymore.
Not saying this is actually plausible, but:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad