Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
jack-nicholson-no.gif

Fair. Kadri is ridiculously underrated

I hope your team signs him then

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Looked like a really good 2C in two of his three years in Colorado. Was fantastic in the playoffs this go round. Good skill, great skater. $8mm sounds high but he’s a higher end 2C. He’s worth at $6.75mm per IMO.

He just gave the Avs a $9mm per season and playoff performance. He sucked the year before but was a high end player in 2020-21.

I don’t know. $8mm x 4 seems reasonable to me. Any longer is too much term.

Reactions: Cape

AD1066

Sep 30, 2011
A long-term contract at 8M/per for a career 60-point player turning 32 in the Fall?

What could go wrong?

• Haha
Reactions: Cape

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Rangers going to Ranger.
I was really impressed at how they were doing a model rebuild the right way.
But they just can’t help themselves signing retirement contracts for older players who want to play in the Big Apple to close out their careers.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Because Drury doesn't want to trade his third pairing RD lol.

Kadri at 8 million over 6-7 years would be hilarious.
Talk about a disingenuous way to frame Drury not wanting to give up Schneider.

"He doesn't want to trade his 3rd pair RD lol" You mean his 3RD who is just 20 years old, was a first round pick of the Rangers in 2020, has done nothing but improve since being drafted after already being a legit blue chip prospect, and then he earned his way onto the roster at least a year sooner than anyone expected and nailed down the 3RD slot and kept it even after his GM acquired a veteran RHD at the TDL and kept it through the playoffs where his team went to the ECF.

There are 31 other GMs in the league who would be reluctant to include Schneider in any trade considering what he's done since being drafted. I don't know why it's so hard for you Vancouver fans to understand. It's equally fair for you to want him as a return in a trade AND for Rangers fans to say no way he's not going anywhere.

Schneider's value as a young player is super important to the Rangers both as a future piece on the team but also a present piece who can outperform his cap hit because he's on an ELC.

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
Good luck with that anchor. Kadri sure picked the right time to have a career year.

If he's playing with Panarin I don't expect his production to go down. I just don't see how they squeeze him in unless they are trading Trouba.

FoxysExpensiveNYDigs

Boo Nieves Truther
Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
Rangers going to Ranger.
I was really impressed at how they were doing a model rebuild the right way.
But they just can’t help themselves signing retirement contracts for older players who want to play in the Big Apple to close out their careers.
Hasnt happened yet and there's no much chance it will unless Trouba or Kreider waive. Seems highly unlikely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad