Player Discussion: Kadri for Trouba

Would you be happy with Kadri straight up for Trouba 1 for 1?

• Total voters

haulinbass

Mar 6, 2014
This would be great for the Jets. No idea how Jets fans think they are getting more for a player who only has 1 year of term.

Kadri is a great player who got buried on the depth chart last season. He has a steal of a contract with 3 years remaining. He is a 2C on most teams and a 2C is exactly what the Jets need.

Toronto would be stupid to trade one of their only good contracts when they are entering cap hell.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
This would be great for the Jets. No idea how Jets fans think they are getting more for a player who only has 1 year of term.

Kadri is a great player who got buried on the depth chart last season. He has a steal of a contract with 3 years remaining. He is a 2C on most teams and a 2C is exactly what the Jets need.

Toronto would be stupid to trade one of their only good contracts when they are entering cap hell.
Exactly so you guys should keep him. But seriously what contending team would he be 2c for? I mean he is as good as Little, but, we already have little.

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
There you go calling it giving up on him again. They are trading him for a 1RHD after making certain that his roster spot is filled. That is not giving up on a player. It is roster adjusting. That is exactly what you commit to doing if you draft BPA instead of by need. You have to give to get.

Everything coming out of Philly since before they fired Hextall has said that they want to move young assets and prospects for players who are at their peaks. I'm not saying it is or isn't smart, but that is what they say they are going to do.

I'm only throwing out the idea that maybe they don't see what others see in him - and I understood your point.

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
There you go calling it giving up on him again. They are trading him for a 1RHD after making certain that his roster spot is filled. That is not giving up on a player. It is roster adjusting. That is exactly what you commit to doing if you draft BPA instead of by need. You have to give to get.

Everything coming out of Philly since before they fired Hextall has said that they want to move young assets and prospects for players who are at their peaks. I'm not saying it is or isn't smart, but that is what they say they are going to do.

Mort - I understand your point - makes perfect sense and I'm not disagreeing with you.
But I still struggle with "letting go" high draft centers - for any reason. It's in my nature - i can't help it.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

haulinbass

Mar 6, 2014
Exactly so you guys should keep him. But seriously what contending team would he be 2c for? I mean he is as good as Little, but, we already have little.

You guys? I hate Toronto, Jets and Detroit are my teams.

As good as Little lol, ok... Kadri has 2x 32 goal seasons in the last 3 years. Little hasn't done that in 10 years.

Kadri also puts up nearly double the shots on net and double the hits.

Calgary, Nashville, Carolina, Colorado, Dallas, NYI, St Louis, Vegas, Jets

There is 9 playoff teams right now. If you disagree explain why for each team.

Lets not sit here and act like every team in the NHL has Crosby and Malkin as their 1-2. Toronto would have been a lot better off letting Kadri flourish in 2c role than spending 10 million of JT.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Mort - I understand your point - makes perfect sense and I'm not disagreeing with you.
But I still struggle with "letting go" high draft centers - for any reason. It's in my nature - i can't help it.

I can see that, especially if they discount his value. It sounds like Edm is 'giving up on' Pulju. A lot of people here want to sell low on Laine.

In Patrick's case, I think Philly may be willing to discount him from his #2 OA ranking. He was expected to take over as 1C. Now they probably see him as a good 2C. That isn't exactly giving up on him, but it is re-evaluating him.

From the comments we see here, some people are willing to trade only those players they don't like for one reason or another. They still want to get a player they really do like in exchange though. Sometimes you need to give up something good, a player the fans love, in order to get back what you really need. That is how I am viewing talk of Philly being willing to trade Patrick.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
You guys? I hate Toronto, Jets and Detroit are my teams.

As good as Little lol, ok... Kadri has 2x 32 goal seasons in the last 3 years. Little hasn't done that in 10 years.

Kadri also puts up nearly double the shots on net and double the hits.

Calgary, Nashville, Carolina, Colorado, Dallas, NYI, St Louis, Vegas, Jets

There is 9 playoff teams right now. If you disagree explain why for each team.

Lets not sit here and act like every team in the NHL has Crosby and Malkin as their 1-2. Toronto would have been a lot better off letting Kadri flourish in 2c role than spending 10 million of JT.
St. Louis has Schenn who is much better than Kadri. Vegas has Stastny who is better than Kadri. As many people have already said on here Kadri is better offensively, Little is better defensively, so it's a wash. Dallas has Zuc and Seguin so both are better than Kadri. I don't know enough bout Calgary, Nash, Carolina, Kadri would be great for Colorado and Islanders.

Cato

Apr 22, 2019
This of course if fantasy. Trouba won't play in Canada. The Leafs don't have the cap space to pay him $7million (or more). Kadri's contract is a good one for any team. He is a bit of a head case and unreliable in the playoffs. The Jets have an ongoing 2C problem that will not go away unless someone like Copp or Roslovic steps up or the jets move a winger. The jets are deep on the wing. I would be more inclined to tell Copp and Roslovic that one of them is going to be the 2C and them give them the first half of the season to duke it out. The reality is trading Trouba is going to give the Jets picks and prospects. Finding a perfect match of an instant 2C would be ideal, but so is buying a winning lottery ticket. Give Copp and Roslovic some scoring wingers and see what they can do over a measurable stretch. The NHL is obviously becoming like the NFL. The first 1/2 of the season is just an extension of pre-season to figure out what works.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
I would not mind adding Kadri for reasons stated in this thread. He is not worth Trouba by himself.

Reactions: ulf

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Leafs fan here: I personally don’t see a trade here given Dubas likes players with term and Trouba likes money. Wouldn't work for us long term; Trouba wouldn’t want to play for us at an AAV we would need
This is kind of humorous because Dubas gave Nylander and Matthews a boatload of money and didn't demand term from Matthews.

Reactions: Snowman

GardinerTheForward

Mar 23, 2014
Toronto (NHL Season)
I know what contracts he's signed. 5 years for Matthews (only 1 UFA year) and 6 x $7.5 million for Nylander.
You don’t know what he has expressed repeatedly in interviews and pressers. He prefers to acquire players with term. Not interested in rentals. Look him up on the Muzzin trade. He was taken behind the shed on the UFA signings. Not what Dubas would prefer.

Have a good night tho and try again

Teemusalami204

Jul 30, 2014
Winnipeg
The only reason I would want kadri is that we are soft. Kadri would add something the jets don't have and lost with lemieux, a shit disturber.

Kadri would get alot of min in wpg to make a difference on the ice in goals and agitation. I would not do hin straight up for Trouba though

Reactions: Flair Hay

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
Well, if we can't get Kadri it sounds like Corey Perry might be available. For anyone that still thinks this team does not have its required compliment of ass holes. :laugh:

Reactions: GNP

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016
Well, if we can't get Kadri it sounds like Corey Perry might be available. For anyone that still thinks this team does not have its required compliment of ass holes. :laugh:

giphy.gif

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
I think Kadri would actually be a good fit here.

But I dont think Trouba to Toronto is happening.

Best plan might be to trade Trouba for the best deal. If we still have $5M in cap after that, look at acquiring Kadri for Roslovic.

If Toronto chooses to move Kadri instead of Wee Willy once Marner signs. Which I think they will.

Nordiques1979

Nov 29, 2009
Laval QC
I can see that, especially if they discount his value. It sounds like Edm is 'giving up on' Pulju. A lot of people here want to sell low on Laine.

In Patrick's case, I think Philly may be willing to discount him from his #2 OA ranking. He was expected to take over as 1C. Now they probably see him as a good 2C. That isn't exactly giving up on him, but it is re-evaluating him.

From the comments we see here, some people are willing to trade only those players they don't like for one reason or another. They still want to get a player they really do like in exchange though. Sometimes you need to give up something good, a player the fans love, in order to get back what you really need. That is how I am viewing talk of Philly being willing to trade Patrick.
Unlike Kadri, basically no one in Philly is willing to sell Patrick. Re evaluate him for sure, they lowered their expectations, but still have Couturier as 1C.

Nazem is willing to leave, he wants to play,bto play bigger role. He took a lot of criticisms for his costly penalties and general behavior, which is my main concern right now.

Teemusalami204

Jul 30, 2014
Winnipeg
Unlike Kadri, basically no one in Philly is willing to sell Patrick. Re evaluate him for sure, they lowered their expectations, but still have Couturier as 1C.

Nazem is willing to leave, he wants to play,bto play bigger role. He took a lot of criticisms for his costly penalties and general behavior, which is my main concern right now.

Other then the ztuoud suspension in playoffs I have no problem with how he plays. The jets are soft and not mean at all. Be nice to see a deserving headshot every once in a while sti king up for our own guys

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg

A smart man once told me that the best employee is one who has made the biggest mistake, but learned from it.

Whileee

May 29, 2010

Well, according to Friedman the Flyers' hockey department are willing to consider trading Patrick. For me, that is a red flag. He was drafted at #2 just two years ago and they are contemplating trading him. They must have some real concerns about him.

Of course, that doesn't mean that the fans and posters on the main board are ready to part with Patrick.

To be honest, I'm not convinced that the #11 pick isn't more valuable than Patrick at this point.

Reactions: Snowman

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

My concerns for Kadri are both his behaviour and his talent. I think he is only a small upgrade on Little. Not big enough to justify his cost. If we lose Trouba and get only a small upgrade at 2C it just isn't worth it.

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
Well, according to Friedman the Flyers' hockey department are willing to consider trading Patrick. For me, that is a red flag. He was drafted at #2 just two years ago and they are contemplating trading him. They must have some real concerns about him.

Of course, that doesn't mean that the fans and posters on the main board are ready to part with Patrick.

To be honest, I'm not convinced that the #11 pick isn't more valuable than Patrick at this point.

I see it as they have publicly said that they want to get older and compete now. If they sign Hayes, then they think they can dangle Patrick to get someone else really good in their prime... i.e. Trouba.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad