Player Discussion: Kadri for Trouba

Would you be happy with Kadri straight up for Trouba 1 for 1?

• Total voters

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I voted Yes. I think fans are expecting to much in a return. Kadri fills our #2 center on a good contract. What’s not to like? People are fine with Nolan Patrick but not Kadri?

Patrick is developing. Kadri has passed his peak. Forget that he is a DB. He is not much upgrade on Little, if any.

Reactions: Snowman

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I voted yes
He’s not a bad player on a fair contract.
Some of y’all wanted to keep that knuckle dragger Lemieux who is nowhere near Kadri’s level
Mind you Cheveldayoff needs to start paying attention to our D corps

Nobody voted to keep Lemieux over Trouba.

Kadri does nothing positive for the Jets. He is not the 2C we need.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
My personal thoughts are this

1. I don't think its Kadri > Little or Little > Kadri. I think its about having depth at center and depth that can score.
2. I think its about the things Kadri can do that Little cannot and vice versa
3. Kadri is cost controlled for 3 seasons which is vital going forward
4. It puts us still in a win now mode
5. I would like an add from Toronto to even things out

Little is cost controlled for 5 more seasons. Or is it 6? I don't see it solving any problems.

Jeffrey Pedler

Mar 21, 2018
Another so thought is that Kadri's production has declined each of the past two seasons. He also turns 29 at the beginning of this upcoming season. If Chevy does bring back Myers do we really want to have a significant amount of the cap allocated to plateauing/declining players that are approaching or over the age of 30?

Brian Little started regressing fairly hard at about the same age Kadri will be next season. Not saying Kadri will but even in his prime he only was putting up low 60's in point totals and that was only for a few years. Other than that he's essentially been a 45 ish point player.

My fear is that at his age he likely only gives us what Little is currently giving us and imo that isn't good enough to win a cup.

His production only declined because he was pushed to the third line, when Tavares was signed. Before this season he had two thirty goal seasons in a row. He is a good second line centre, signed to a great contract and hockey fans underrated him.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Sounds like Winnipeg is on Kadri's no trade list anyway, so our concerns have been allayed.

No Trade Clause can be waived. My closet pessimist is beginning to expect Kadri for Trouba. Lots of arguments against it but my spidey senses are tingling. I just hope there is a decent add.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
No Trade Clause can be waived. My closet pessimist is beginning to expect Kadri for Trouba. Lots of arguments against it but my spidey senses are tingling. I just hope there is a decent add.

Stop de-allaying my fears. :laugh:

Can't see why he would. Stastny doing it for a playoff run with a team that held much promise is one thing. Waiving it to join a team that I'm sure every player in the league is aware has turned into a gong show, just don't see it.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Stop de-allaying my fears. :laugh:

Can't see why he would. Stastny doing it for a playoff run with a team that held much promise is one thing. Waiving it to join a team that I'm sure every player in the league is aware has turned into a gong show, just don't see it.

It looks like he is the odd man out in TO. He has to go somewhere. In spite of the gong show Wpg would mean he still gets to play for a strong team and he gets to be 2C again instead of 3C. And maybe he's just crazy. :laugh:

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
If Trouba goes anywhere it will be Philly, Buffalo or possibly Florida.

He wants out of Canada.

I really don't believe it ever had anything to do with the line on the map. I think Buffalo is a lot less likely than Toronto. Not that TO is a high probability, but Buffalo doesn't strike me as the kind of place he is looking for. Philly and NY are my top 2 guesses.

tntkid

Fire Maurice & Chevy
Nov 27, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
I really don't believe it ever had anything to do with the line on the map. I think Buffalo is a lot less likely than Toronto. Not that TO is a high probability, but Buffalo doesn't strike me as the kind of place he is looking for. Philly and NY are my top 2 guesses.

I have a feeling Trouba goes to Philly where we will get a return of Nolan Patrick and some draft picks.

Reactions: GeorgeJETson

Board Bard

Dane-O-Mite
Jun 7, 2014
I have a feeling Trouba goes to Philly where we will get a return of Nolan Patrick and some draft picks.

You think Patrick is going to be mad or glad if he has to come back to Winnipeg for the next five years? Just curious.

Board Bard

Dane-O-Mite
Jun 7, 2014
It's interesting (if true) that Philly is giving up on their young center already

They might not be giving up on him. The plus from Trouba is considerably larger than the minus from losing Patrick. They're be doing some rebalancing that they think will benefit the team overall, and not by just a little I would think.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
It's interesting (if true) that Philly is giving up on their young center already

I don't see it as giving up on him. They fired their GM - who appeared to me to be doing a good job of building up the system - because they wanted to get back to winning now. Right now. Patrick hasn't broken out yet and they aren't prepared to wait, even though this could be his breakout year.

If they can sign Hayes, freeing up Patrick to use to get a big upgrade to their D, they have progressed a long way toward winning now. If they can get decent goaltending they could be there this year.

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
I don't see it as giving up on him. They fired their GM - who appeared to me to be doing a good job of building up the system - because they wanted to get back to winning now. Right now. Patrick hasn't broken out yet and they aren't prepared to wait, even though this could be his breakout year.

If they can sign Hayes, freeing up Patrick to use to get a big upgrade to their D, they have progressed a long way toward winning now. If they can get decent goaltending they could be there this year.

I hear you -
But it goes against all that I know and have seen in this game - you don't give up on high profile / drafted Centers this early unless there's something wrong.
Just my take and it's all a rumor - who knows

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I hear you -
But it goes against all that I know and have seen in this game - you don't give up on high profile / drafted Centers this early unless there's something wrong.
Just my take and it's all a rumor - who knows

There you go calling it giving up on him again. They are trading him for a 1RHD after making certain that his roster spot is filled. That is not giving up on a player. It is roster adjusting. That is exactly what you commit to doing if you draft BPA instead of by need. You have to give to get.

Everything coming out of Philly since before they fired Hextall has said that they want to move young assets and prospects for players who are at their peaks. I'm not saying it is or isn't smart, but that is what they say they are going to do.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad