Player Discussion: Kadri for Trouba

Would you be happy with Kadri straight up for Trouba 1 for 1?

• Total voters

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Easy poll, would you be happy with Trouba traded straight up for Kadri in a 1 for 1 trade?

No plus, no add on.........just straight up one for one.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
This could rival my poll on whether the Jets should have signed Shane Doan to play one last season as a Jet. :laugh:

Snowman

Oct 12, 2007
Texas
No interest in a Kadri/Trouba trade. Even as a pure rental Trouba would return more than a regressing 3C. I'd rather just keep Trouba as an own rental if this is the best we could do.

CaptainUgly

27 Time World Champions
Apr 22, 2018
I voted Yes. I think fans are expecting to much in a return. Kadri fills our #2 center on a good contract. What’s not to like? People are fine with Nolan Patrick but not Kadri?

Reactions: thegr8one66

Jetfaninflorida

Southernmost Jet Fan
Dec 13, 2013
Florida
No, but Chevy is in a week negotiating position. We won't get back what Trouba is worth, whether it is Kadri or someone else. Maybe Chevy can get free soda for the locker room for a year and 10000 pucks thrown into the deal to close the gap a bit.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I voted Yes. I think fans are expecting to much in a return. Kadri fills our #2 center on a good contract. What’s not to like? People are fine with Nolan Patrick but not Kadri?

Patrick is young with upside and doesn't have much of an issue staying out of the penalty box.

The last thing we need on this team is another penalty machine.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
i am assuming this is Trouba as a rental? If so yes. my hesitation is similar to everyone's - his PO reputation/behavior.

When he was in a top 6 role from 16-'18 his primary 5v5 teammates in terms of TOI at forward were Marleau and Komarov and then Brown and Marner . he'd get an upgrade with a combination of Ehlers and Laine. he is also ranked 20th in the NHL over the last two years in Penalties Drawn with 56 and has taken 30 minors so he does draw quite a bit of penalties compared to the minors he takes

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
I voted yes
He’s not a bad player on a fair contract.
Some of y’all wanted to keep that knuckle dragger Lemieux who is nowhere near Kadri’s level
Mind you Cheveldayoff needs to start paying attention to our D corps

Whileee

May 29, 2010
No, but Chevy is in a week negotiating position. We won't get back what Trouba is worth, whether it is Kadri or someone else. Maybe Chevy can get free soda for the locker room for a year and 10000 pucks thrown into the deal to close the gap a bit.
Chevy's bargaining position is based on how many teams are competing for Trouba. If there are two or more teams that value Trouba highly, then the return will be good.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Kadri takes fewer penalties per 60 than Wheeler or Byfuglien.
Kadri's 5v5 penalty differential by season (+ is good):

+5
+8
+19
+22
+15
+23

So, he took more penalties than he drew in only one season (2016/17), and generally draws more penalties than he takes.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Another so thought is that Kadri's production has declined each of the past two seasons. He also turns 29 at the beginning of this upcoming season. If Chevy does bring back Myers do we really want to have a significant amount of the cap allocated to plateauing/declining players that are approaching or over the age of 30?

Brian Little started regressing fairly hard at about the same age Kadri will be next season. Not saying Kadri will but even in his prime he only was putting up low 60's in point totals and that was only for a few years. Other than that he's essentially been a 45 ish point player.

My fear is that at his age he likely only gives us what Little is currently giving us and imo that isn't good enough to win a cup.

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015

+5
+8
+19
+22
+15
+23

So, he took more penalties than he drew in only one season (2016/17), and generally draws more penalties than he takes.
He’s got balls and really he got f*****d on the knee on knee non call if you ask me

Neuf

Leaving HFBoards for now
Dec 17, 2016

+5
+8
+19
+22
+15
+23

Penalty diff seems a strange one to filter to 5v5. What if a player has a penchant for killing powerplays by being an idiot? Or defends a 6 on 5 last minute of play by headshotting someone? Some penalties are circumstantial and some are emotional - emotions run thinner when it isn't 5v5.

That said, I'm impressed that he was +23. I'd hate to see some of the Jets differentials.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Penalty diff seems a strange one to filter to 5v5. What if a player has a penchant for killing powerplays by being an idiot? Or defends a 6 on 5 last minute of play by headshotting someone? Some penalties are circumstantial and some are emotional - emotions run thinner when it isn't 5v5.

That said, I'm impressed that he was +23. I'd hate to see some of the Jets differentials.
agreed, i thought it was a bit odd to filter on just 5v5. i looked at all strengths and he's +26 in drawn vs minors the past 2 seasons. he's drawn 56 penalties (19th in the league through this time) and is on par with Ehlers on a per game basis

Reactions: Neuf

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
During the regular season his PIM isn't outlandish ( last 2 seasons he had 42PIM in 80GP and 43PIM in 73 GP )... compare that to Wheeler with 60PIM and even Laine with 42 PIM last season.

The problem is once the playoffs start he becomes a psycho. 19PIM in 2 GP last season and 19PIM in 4GP previous....plus associated suspensions

Regular season PIM/GP : 0.689
Playoff season PIM/GP: 2.947

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
I like 'em -
He's skilled offensively and he has a nasty streak that doesn't bother me one bit - I like agitators - especially one's that can score.
He plays hard and can be the type of guy that will stir things up - and sometimes you need a guy like that (Buff's similar when he wants to be).
I also hear that he does as he's told and can play a number of roles.
He'd be a better fit that Little on #2 and I'd love to see him playing with top shelf wingers - could be just the thing to re-energize this guy.

But it all depends on what the offers for Trouba look like - at the end, this might be our best chance at a well rounded #2 center.

I'd rather dwell on the above than focus on how he can be overly aggressive at times - more good than bad IMO

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
During the regular season his PIM isn't outlandish ( last 2 seasons he had 42PIM in 80GP and 43PIM in 73 GP )... compare that to Wheeler with 60PIM and even Laine with 42 PIM last season.

The problem is once the playoffs start he becomes a psycho. 19PIM in 2 GP last season and 19PIM in 4GP previous....plus associated suspensions

Regular season PIM/GP : 0.689
Playoff season PIM/GP: 2.947
Put Wheeler and Laine on the Blues and they would have ZERO penalties.
Seriously the crap that the Blues are getting away with in the playoffs is a joke!

Reactions: ATLbound

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $100.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 5