Votes: 27 24.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
I think those stats are ridiculous. IF you are NOT undefeated when scoring 5+, well then that means you gave up 6 or more. How many times have we given up 6 this year.?..........off the top of my head, I will say twice.
Will answer my guess with fact. It was only ONCE, 3-6 loss to Washington on Feb. 25.
Gave up 5 goals 4 times. Only once have we given up 5, since Nov. 28th. vs Ottawa. Thats a long time.

92 goals coming from Center. Mika (39), Trochek (20), Chytil (22), Goody (11)

No current Ranger has a (-) negative rating.
No more Carpenter, Reaves, Gautier, Leschyshyn, (that spelling made my brain hurt) Cuylle, Jones or Hunt

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Will answer my guess with fact. It was only ONCE, 3-6 loss to Washington on Feb. 25.
Gave up 5 goals 4 times. Only once have we given up 5, since Nov. 28th. vs Ottawa. Thats a long time.

No more Carpenter, Reaves, Gautier, Leschyshyn, (that spelling made my brain hurt) Cuylle, Jones or Hunt

What's incredible is that in a much more defensive 11-12 season, Lundqvist's best of his career, we gave up 5 goals in three regular season games. I don't know if the 4 times includes the 6 goal game but even if it does that's an incredible stat. Considering our goaltending has been good not great this year (if we're being 100% honest and not grading based on abilities), our defense has been A LOT better than given credit for.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
It's all been building under Drury. Goodrow and Reaves were important starting points. The run last year with the Kids breaking out and Mika/Fox being forces throughout jumped us up a level. Giving the C to a true "into the breach" leader like Trouba and adding Trocheck who is a fearless shit stirrer who can actually play to the top 6 reinforced it. Then you add key elements like Vlad/Kane, Motte and Mikkola; guys who win you Cups.

I never felt this way with any Lundqvist team, not even in 12 & 15 when we were tops in the league. But, it's the Rangers time now.

If Boston wasn't around, I'd agree.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
KAM is the worst - softest d man on the team.
A total liability in his own end - last to jump into an altercation as well .
He’s Jeff Bloemberg reincarnated who btw was a self declared “ pacifist “
KAM is the embodiment of pacifism.

Don’t be fooled by a follow up put home goal - he suck’s .

That you'd prefer to lose Miller than Harper is just a plain scary opinion.

I understood where it came from when you wrote "last to jump into an altercation as well".

You're living in the wrong decade and even back then you'd be 100% wrong.

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
Hard to say definitively that it's our time when we are tied for the 5th best record in the league and the reigning Champs are behind us due to a slow start. It seems like it's the same time it has been for us in many past seasons.

We have a chance.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
Who was better?
Lindgren (until he was injured against the Caps) and Trouba were both in better form during that time period. Both played disciplined hockey. Fox continued to put up some points but he was bobbling the puck left and right, was turning it over to the opposing team way more, and was missing coverage lots in his own zone.

Either way, I'm glad he's back to playing more like himself lately. The Rangers are going to need him at the top of his game in the postseason. The Rangers have the talent to win it all. It'll be a matter of special teams and goaltending that'll determine how far they go.

Pawnee Rangers

Jan 10, 2019
Hard to say definitively that it's our time when we are tied for the 5th best record in the league and the reigning Champs are behind us due to a slow start. It seems like it's the same time it has been for us in many past seasons.

We have a chance.
Rangers had a slow start as well. Their biggest opponent in the playoffs is going to be themselves. Play the right way and they'll beat anyone. Boston and Colorado included.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
Lindgren (until he was injured against the Caps) and Trouba were both in better form during that time period. Both played disciplined hockey. Fox continued to put up some points but he was bobbling the puck left and right, was turning it over to the opposing team way more, and was missing coverage lots in his own zone.

Either way, I'm glad he's back to playing more like himself lately. The Rangers are going to need him at the top of his game in the postseason. The Rangers have the talent to win it all. It'll be a matter of special teams and goaltending that'll determine how far they go.
Yup, we disagree.

Reactions: I Eat Crow
Jan 8, 2012
NY

Yes, so nice to finally have 12 NHL forwards and not be carrying around useless dead weight on the 4th line.

Yes, Trouba had a great stretch there when he was powering more of our even strength offense while Fox was struggling.

Fox is back though.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017

We have a chance.

Where do we stand with Dom L's checklist?

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Haven’t been around as much as of late because life has been insane, but goddamn that was a satisfying win last night. Use that as a momentum builder and try to carry that confidence into the playoffs.

They’re such a force when they play that fast, aggressive game. Loved how they answered the bell when needed too, and major props to Harpur for ragdolling Perry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad