• Shesty

Votes: 27 24.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

irishlaxburger2

Jan 30, 2008
Rye, NY
There was a really interesting article in The Athletic a few weeks ago about Jon Cooper’s start as the Lightning coach and how much he stressed “developing a swagger” early on. He thought it was the only thing that team was truly missing to get over the top.

I couldn’t help but feel GG hasn’t been able to develop that with NYR. And then last night happens, and all I could think about was “is it finally happening?”

I hope this team is developing a level of attitude at the right time. And not just an attitude of physicality either. An attitude of “it’s our time, and we’re better than you”. That’s the type of culture teams need to realize before they get over the top. And frankly, it’s something I think Patrick Kane can help with more than simply scoring goals.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
FtCEk6sWAAASAlB.jpg

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
There was a really interesting article in The Athletic a few weeks ago about Jon Cooper’s start as the Lightning coach and how much he stressed “developing a swagger” early on. He thought it was the only thing that team was truly missing to get over the top.

I couldn’t help but feel GG hasn’t been able to develop that with NYR. And then last night happens, and all I could think about was “is it finally happening?”

I hope this team is developing a level of attitude at the right time. And not just an attitude of physicality either. An attitude of “it’s our time, and we’re better than you”. That’s the type of culture teams need to realize before they get over the top. And frankly, it’s something I think Patrick Kane can help with more than simply scoring goals.

It's all been building under Drury. Goodrow and Reaves were important starting points. The run last year with the Kids breaking out and Mika/Fox being forces throughout jumped us up a level. Giving the C to a true "into the breach" leader like Trouba and adding Trocheck who is a fearless shit stirrer who can actually play to the top 6 reinforced it. Then you add key elements like Vlad/Kane, Motte and Mikkola; guys who win you Cups.

I never felt this way with any Lundqvist team, not even in 12 & 15 when we were tops in the league. But, it's the Rangers time now.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
It's all been building under Drury. Goodrow and Reaves were important starting points. The run last year with the Kids breaking out and Mika/Fox being forces throughout jumped us up a level. Giving the C to a true "into the breach" leader like Trouba and adding Trocheck who is a fearless shit stirrer who can actually play to the top 6 reinforced it. Then you add key elements like Vlad/Kane, Motte and Mikkola; guys who win you Cups.

I never felt this way with any Lundqvist team, not even in 12 & 15 when we were tops in the league. But, it's the Rangers time now.
Will 2nd that emotion. It's gonna be tough going though. Getting through the Canes/NJ has to be a given. Then who? Eventually TB/Tor/Boston. Bring it on! Have to give respect to the Avs as they are the champs until proven otherwise. Wouldnt be surprised if Minnesota reaches the Cup though.

Reactions: bhamill

Kocur26

Limousine Ridin’
Jul 30, 2021
So, if one of those two was injured and unable to play in the playoffs, you'd prefer it be Miller?
Worst take of the week.

View attachment 682518
KAM is the worst - softest d man on the team.
A total liability in his own end - last to jump into an altercation as well .
He’s Jeff Bloemberg reincarnated who btw was a self declared “ pacifist “
KAM is the embodiment of pacifism.

Don’t be fooled by a follow up put home goal - he suck’s .

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004

KAM is not physical but that doesn’t negate his effectiveness as a defenseman.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Is it though? If it was like...8-1-2 or something, where it could still be small sample size maybe. But 21-0-2 is over 1/4 of the season
Agree that it is NOT nothing to sneeze at. How I look at it is this way.
If we can assume that the other 3 lines somehow put up 3 goals, and then when the kid line gets their goal and sometimes 2, that puts us at or OVER 4+ goals. You should WIN those 4+ goal games, with our goaltending and D. Right?

Trochek is becoming one of my favorite Rangers in a loooong time.

What a fantastic signing.
I tried telling everybody he was a bad ass. And he's only going to be MORE of a bad ass come PO's. Seen it day in and day out with Florida. Watched him progress. He's fearless, gets under opponents skin and needless to say relentless.

Reactions: skipmowerman

NYROrtsFan

Feb 1, 2007
Really not sure how some Rangers fans didn't expect this from Trochek after last year's series with Carolina. He's exactly what we needed. Big time upgrade over Strome, especially for the playoffs and that's all that matters for us these days.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
The team, top to bottom, is pretty tough. Not a ‘heavy’ team, per se, but there aren’t any players who can be intimidated. It’s a far cry from a few years ago.
Hell, even Vesey is a crazy ass bad ass. From top to bottom we don't have any pushovers. Maybe KK and Chytil, but they're young and dumb. lol.

Reactions: egelband

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017

3rd on the team in hits behind only Trouba & Trocheck. 42 points with negligible PP time. +14 rating. These are all readily available stats that refute what you're saying.

Pawnee Rangers

Jan 10, 2019
Because it’s not his nature? Not every big guy is a fighter. Not every small guy is a pacifist. Not sure what else to tell you.
What I appreciate about this team is, they seldom instigate shit but over the past few years their fuses have gotten collectively shorter. There's no hesitation and they don't get bullied.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Really not sure how some Rangers fans didn't expect this from Trochek after last year's series with Carolina. He's exactly what we needed. Big time upgrade over Strome, especially for the playoffs and that's all that matters for us these days.
And our gain IS equivalent to their loss. They're a bunch of pansy asses as good as they are, but def missing him, because they're cheap. lol. We stole him, and prob every player on our team last year said......I wish we had him.
mission accomplished. Great job Drury!

Because it’s not his nature? Not every big guy is a fighter. Not every small guy is a pacifist. Not sure what else to tell you.
I suppose because many won't challenge their stature. Regardless, all I want to see from our players is that they are willing to stand up for one another, if not only for themselves. Harpur gained MUCH respect last night. So please people, lets stop harping on it.

rangerlp

May 24, 2012
There was a closeup of Stamkos at the end of the game...it looked like he was resigned to the fact that the Lightning are not getting by the Rangers this time in the playoffs...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad