Post-Game Talk: K .... (Leafs lose 3-1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Jets are such a dirty and disgusting tram. I regret feeling the slightest bit happy for that fanbase getting a team back.

Poor Dermott. And poor McBackup. Sure he stayed in the game but hopefully he’s really ok. Took a hit for Andersen.

Reactions: Blue Shakehead

Keato

Apr 9, 2016
Winnipeg, MB
It's the second half of a back to back after playing in another country against a rested team with our backup. It's like the perfect setup to ignore the result and move on.

Reactions: Dr C

AllHeartNoSkill

Nov 23, 2008
Babcock's hard on for old and slow players is a JOKE!

Hope Dermott is okay.

Maurice OWNED babcock in coaching battle tonight

Did MacLean say in the pre game show that Maurice and Babcock are tied for career wins? Well I guess Maurice now has the Lead.

Mugzy97

#StandWitness
Mar 3, 2015
Halifax, NS
Turning point of the game was dictated by shoddy officiating. It was a great game for both teams up until then. That took the life out of the Leafs, and then fatigue clearly showed.
Yeah the schief goalie interference was a bad moment. Then we take a penalty on scheif. Then they score on said PP. Tough to overcome that.

garce

Mar 20, 2010
Too close to Ottawa and Montreal
F87860BA-3875-471E-8458-84DF018EAFFC.jpeg Playing possum.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Babcock makes my blood boil even when we lose a meaningless game.

Overall the team played well considering we were down to 5D on a back to back with our back up.

Babcock was the only thing worse than the refs.

Komarov on the PP, hainsey and Hyman with an empty net? What are we trying to accomplish?

How the heck do Marner, Nylander, and Matthews not find themselves on the same sheet of ice at the same time in an empty net situation?

Babcock makes the stupidest decisions. He’s done jack shit for a team that has a 101 points. If the Leafs lose in the playoffs, please take all his shitty toys away and throw them in the AHL.

If we are one and done, time to think long and hard if Babcock is the right coach for this team. He may be a good coach but who knows if he was even the reason the red wings won?

His decisions continue to baffle me. Komarov is in the lineup because he’s a man. I guess Johnson needs to ask his mom about his gender? Maybe he’s not a man?

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
Babcock's hard on for old and slow players is a JOKE!

Hope Dermott is okay.

Maurice OWNED babcock in coaching battle tonight

I hate losing, but c'mon, that's not even being fair...in one sentence you talk about old and slow players, in another you talk about young Dermott...the only player to score for the Leafs tonight was grandpa Marleau.

hockeyes

Jun 15, 2013
Forgot to mention ABSOLUTELY GUTLESS that they run our goalie and no one ****ing takes an exception to that GUTLESS! Show some ****ing pride!

And yeah F the Refs. ****ING MORONS; I hope they get crapped on by everyone all their life. ****ing losers

Relax, that was a penalty but far from running a goalie.

Reactions: Belhammer16

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Good road game for the Jets.

Great officiating, once again.

A tired Leafs team.

Jets win 3-1!

Reactions: libertarian

ryno23

Feb 5, 2010
Just another example why i would rather play TB in the 1st round. Winnipeg mugged the leafs all night and Boston will do the same and we know refs dont call shit in the playoffs. I ratherbplay TB as they cant grind our skill guys like Bergeron and Chara will mug Matthews and Nylander all series long

Reactions: tntkid

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
The D looked gassed, only playing with 5 really hurt them, with this being a back to back on top. Though we controlled the play in the 1st but let it get away in the 2nd.

Didn't think Mac was as sharp as he has been, and their goalie was very good. Not much to choose between those teams and I think in a series we would win.

It was a nothing game in a 3 in 4 night setting where the only real goal was to escape with the lineup intact... really hope Dermott is okay by April 11.

Reactions: Dr C

ECanuck

Jan 7, 2010
Hamilton
Forgot to mention ABSOLUTELY GUTLESS that they run our goalie and no one ****ing takes an exception to that GUTLESS! Show some ****ing pride!

And yeah F the Refs. ****ING MORONS; I hope they get crapped on by everyone all their life. ****ing losers

Gardiner crosschecked him into the boards.

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012

Gardiner ran him into the boards on the next play.

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
Man you know I was really surprised we pulled out a win especially against the Islanders and the refs at the same time but I knew if we had to do it again tonight we'd be in tough and that's what happened

We played a really great first period too bad we weren't able to score more than one goal. McElhinney was great, got beat by two seeing-eye shots.

Overall the Jets were the better team tonight no doubt but I like our chances against them with Freddy in it and fair officiating.

Hope Dermy is ok. :crossfing

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
Turning point of the game was dictated by shoddy officiating. It was a great game for both teams up until then. That took the life out of the Leafs, and then fatigue clearly showed.

Leafs thinking, "****, we gotta beat the refs too?!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig