TSN Radio JVR Wants To Stay - And Will Sign a Cost-Effective Deal... for 8 Years

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006
No to JVR. Thanks for the memories.

We are not going anywhere with this guy come playoff time. Not good enough. Scoring the odd goal isn't enough come playoff time from what is supposed to be one of your top veteran forwards.

Reactions: Kurtz

DanM

Oct 2, 2017
I'm convinced the remainder of the 2013 group needs to be purged.

Their stink has still lingered on this team the last 2 years. Time to get rid of it - permanently.

100 percent agreed

I want them out of here

Reactions: HellasLEAF

Semantics

PUBLIC ENEMY #1
Jan 3, 2007
San Francisco
He is not the kind of veteran you want to set an example, I don't want him back at any price. I'd rather give his roster spot to one of our prospects. I'll gladly sacrifice some goals for some defense and intensity.

Reactions: DanM

Alexanderthe89

Apr 29, 2011
Nothing personal JVR but it's time to move on. I got the feeling that a few times a game he remembered he was playing for a new contract so he had to throw half-assed little hit at somebody. Did far too little.

Reactions: willmma

GQS

Aug 2, 2005
Thanks for being a Leaf JVR and you've played well in your time here, but its time to move on. Give our good younger wingers that spot and spend the money saved elsewhere.

moon111

Oct 18, 2014
I would honestly consider signing UFA Luke Schenn as a right-handed 6th/7th defenseman before resigning JVR.

Reactions: 17 Clark

17 Clark

Mar 22, 2015
I would honestly consider signing UFA Luke Schenn as a right-handed 6th/7th defenseman before resigning JVR.
You know that might not be a bad idea at least He has some heart would never allow Boston to have Run Anderson so much

Reactions: bluumax

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
People wil realize what we had once he's gone and then they will talk about how this team needs an upgrade in the top 9 for sure maybe even the top 6 if Marleau falls off

Leafsman

I guess $11M doesn't buy you what it use to
May 22, 2008
It's time to turn the page on some of these guys and he is definitely one. The only value I can see in him is any pick we can get by trading his rights.

36 goals is impressive but he still only ended up with 54 pts. I think Kapanen will be the new JVR and may not hit 36 goals but will surpass 54 pts - and is already far better defensively.

Time to turn the page on a lot of players:
JVR
Gardiner
Komorov
Martin

I wasn't a huge Brown fan but he looked good playing with Matthews.

I'd also keep Bozak if he signed a good deal. Hard to find centers and Bozak can play on the third line

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad