Dreger: JVR not expected back with the leafs

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
You are wrong again. I have long said JVR was one of Burke's best trades when he was GM of the Leafs. 30 goal scorers of his skill set are not easy to find or replace. Hard to argue with this logic.
Of course it is a great trade. Even you can't deny that. What are you going to do? Say they lost that trade?
Kasperi Kapanen-4th liner. That is all. No team has a player that skilled stuck on the 4th line. This guy is a lock for 20-25 at least next season. You win with cheap young talent. Don't overpay for supporting guys. The leafs are stacked on the wing. they can handle a 30 goal winger loss better than anyone.

Reactions: Pocket Hercules

Pocket Hercules

Business in the front, party in the back.
Jun 19, 2008
York Region
Stop the persecution complex. Thread is about JVR. Not me or posters. I have always liked JVR whether he was wearing a Flyers and Leafs jersey. Or another jersey next season. 30+ goal scorers are not easy to find for free.

Your bobbing and weaving skills need improvement. But yes, I agree that 30 goal scorers are not easy to find for free.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
Stop the persecution complex. Thread is about JVR. Not me or posters. I have always liked JVR whether he was wearing a Flyers and Leafs jersey. Or another jersey next season. 30+ goal scorers are not easy to find for free. Period.
Except if you grab a guy from the Marlies.
Kapanen is so much more talented than JVR and cheaper and much younger. He needs more ice-time.
Did you happen to see his breakaway goal on Saturday? Ever see JVR do that in his career?

Pocket Hercules

Jun 19, 2008
York Region
Except if you grab a guy from the Marlies.
Kapanen is so much more talented than JVR and cheaper and much younger. He needs more ice-time.
Did you happen to see his breakaway goal on Saturday? Ever see JVR do that in his career?

If anything, Kapanen would be a better fit on McDavid's wing than JVR.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
If anything, Kapanen would be a better fit on McDavid's wing than JVR.
Agreed 100% because Kapanen can skate like thw wind and would be able to not slow McDavid down. It's Lucic all over again with JVR.
And that's the thing here, the Leafs have a Kapanen stuck on the 4th line. It's easy to say 30 goal players are hard to find, but the Leafs are in better shape than any organization on the wing. Their depth is fantastic. The $ is a waste on JVR. He is a secondary player on the Leafs core.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Well, you do have a great deal of likes.

I almost feel like posting something on the Leafs board just to prove that poster is lying. I do have likes. Because I post on the mainboard without any team affiliation. My opinions are neutral. And JVR is a player I always have valued. Again, 30+ goal scorers do not grow on trees. It was a great deal in at the time and in retrospect by Burke.

Pocket Hercules

Jun 19, 2008
York Region
Agreed 100% because Kapanen can skate like thw wind and would be able to not slow McDavid down. It's Lucic all over again with JVR.
And that's the thing here, the Leafs have a Kapanen stuck on the 4th line. It's easy to say 30 goal players are hard to find, but the Leafs are in better shape than any organization on the wing. Their depth is fantastic. The $ is a waste on JVR. He is a secondary player on the Leafs core.

Agreed. Alot of his naysayers on here (aka The Winter Solider) are going to look pretty stupid come next year when he inevitably becomes a mainstay on our top 6, with quality linemates to work with on an nightly basis. JVR and his one-dimensional game will be an afterthought.

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
He was banned from the Leafs board. I am not wrong. He is obsessed with them.
Check out his Vince Dunn thread he created 2 days ago on the main board. He brings up Dermott (First person who does) and created it to try to say Dunn is better.

How do you even get to Leafs Board? I went to the Toronto website, and I can't see any links.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Isn't Barzal pretty fast? I don't know if JVR can catch up to him. Enlighten me on this.

Barzal is fast as hell but can slow the game down when he reaches the offensive zone. JVR has good straight line speed down the wing and obviously is great around the net. It's just something I can see happening so Snow can save some face should Tavares leave.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
Bringing up Dermott in a Vince Dunn thread. First one to bring up Matthews in a Laine thread. Brings up both Marner and Nylander in a Barzal thread. Who's the silly looking and obsessed one again?...
That Dunn thread was hilarious. It only existed because Dermott was picked earlier in the same draft and he was trying to say Dunn was better despite his "Facts" being off(He said Dunn was a second pair, Dermott a 3rd pair-Dunn avg 15 seconds more of ice-time per game)..
Make no mistake, that was about the Leafs.
The message was silly Leaf fans overrate Dermott. The stats don't support that, but it did not matter.

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior

6 x 6 was floated as a contract possibility, but no dialogue vs the two parties.
7 year term per some teams at a 6+ million dollar player.

:eek:jeebuzz!!!! that Dreger fella sure has his finger firmly on the pulse of the league. Last week he told the drooling masses that Jvr was likely to garner lot's of interest interest on the UFA market, I await with breathless anticipation for the next announcement.

Seriously though, I think JvR's agent made that determination last summer when the Leafs signed Marleau

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
You are wrong again. I have long said JVR was one of Burke's best trades when he was GM of the Leafs. 30 goal scorers of his skill set are not easy to find or replace. Hard to argue with this logic.
kessel didn't score 40 with crosby. infact he didn't even hit 30

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad