Dreger: JVR not expected back with the leafs

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
Bob McKenzie said the same thing last week. Said that essentially the leafs chose Patrick Marleau over JVR, and expectation in Toronto front office is that JVR is gone and unless Tyler Bozak is willing to take a hometown discount, he's gone too.

Reactions: Devonator

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
Bob McKenzie said the same thing last week. Said that essentially the leafs chose Patrick Marleau over JVR, and expectation in Toronto front office is that JVR is gone and unless Tyler Bozak is willing to take a hometown discount, he's gone too.

Tyler Bozak is willing to take a hometown discount, he's gone too.

I expect him to get a similar deal to Bonino last year, so would it be like 2 years x 2.7 million?

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
I'm glad. Move on from your UFA's if you have to pay them into their mid 30's (other than superstars). Lots of internal options to fill the hole.

Skin Tape Session

Oct 7, 2017
JVR screwed himself on his last deal. He should of signed for six. Wegot elite production for f*** all. The issue I have is the lean years for us, the dion/kessel days. We should of moved him for a haul. hindsight is 20/20 right.

I would not do a cent over 5 mil. I refuse to pay for past performance and he will not continue at 30 goal pace into his thirties. If some other team wants to then so be it. Id rather spend six plus another three for JT if he would sign for 9.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Could see Colorado kicking tires. They need secondary scoring up front. They'll almost certainly be going as hard as possible after Tavares as option #1 with their ridiculous amount of cap space but if that doesn't work I can see them checking in on JVR.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
I'm glad. Move on from your UFA's if you have to pay them into their mid 30's (other than superstars). Lots of internal options to fill the hole.

I don't think you have any prospects who will put up 30/30...?

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Canes will likely be after him pretty hard. Even though he's LW (a position we have plenty of) we need scoring in a big way and he's probably the most realistic option on the market that would even consider us.

Reactions: sheriff bart

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
I don't know what team will sign JVR, but if I were to guess I would have to say Buffalo, Minnesota, St. Louis, maybe even Calgary.

But with that kind of room, it looks as if Toronto could offer Tavares crazy amounts of money if the Islanders don't have a contract in place for him by July 1, 2018.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
We have a few that are easily capable of putting up 20/20. Not everyt move is zero sum. JVR is a cap casualty, they aren't letting him go because they don't want him.

Please name the few who can "easily" put up 20/20 next season?

There are only 10 guys who are likely to hit 40pts as rookies in the entire NHL this year, but apparently the Leafs are hiding a few of them for unknown reasons.

mashedpotato

full stack.
Jan 10, 2012
That would leave Marleau, Hyman and Leivo on the Left side.
Hopefully a kid from the Marlies can step up.

Hopefully they find a way to use that money in the interim before the big three get their increases.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->