Juraj Slafkovsky - Year Two

Where would you prefer Slaf spend his 23-24 season?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
1707878601268.gif

Some of y’all got some splainin’ to do

Heffyhoof

Jan 17, 2016
Considering Rehabs was trashing Slafkovsky on a daily basis here, I think it's fair to shame him on a daily basis as well.

I tried to @ him but it seems he either closed his account or changed username. I'd do the same to be honest.
I remember working 12 hour shifts last year, sometimes 12+ in a row, coming on here for the 5-10 minutes I had a day and every single popular thread would be devolved into whining about Slaf/Hughes by the same few suspects. It was an awful period on the board and I was barely on for nearly a year. Great to be rid of em.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
View attachment 819206
Some of y’all got some splainin’ to do
So yeah, there were some studies about these Pejorative Slured kids in a country and it was a real study and some of these kids had help doing the thing and others didn't have help doing the thing you know. And the Pejorative Slured kids with the help ended up developing an absolutely massive prefrontal cortex which cured their Pejorative Sluration and so Slaf should have been in the AHL.

• Haha
Reactions: Jaynki

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
So yeah, there were some studies about these Pejorative Slured kids in a country and it was a real study and some of these kids had help doing the thing and others didn't have help doing the thing you know. And the Pejorative Slured kids with the help ended up developing an absolutely massive prefrontal cortex which cured their Pejorative Sluration and so Slaf should have been in the AHL.

That was something.

Those who had Wright in 2022, and Cooley in 2023.

Do you finally had Slaf?

• Haha
Reactions: Schooner Guy

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Don't think anybody expected this kind of development so quickly after looking mediocre at best early. What's more impressive is that his play has been just as good if not better than his production. I'll gladly eat crow along with many others here since despite not writing him off, his start was disappointing. Of course this has to keep up in the future, but why would it not, he's 19 and doing everything right on top of producing.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
Considering Rehabs was trashing Slafkovsky on a daily basis here, I think it's fair to shame him on a daily basis as well.

I tried to @ him but it seems he either closed his account or changed username. I'd do the same to be honest.

It's so chickenshit. Especially from the guy who fancied himself as such a thorough and unbiased analyst.

WinterLion

Oct 1, 2017
Instead of Reinbacher?

It was a joke... but maybe a bit to far off into outer space...

Yeah where did that guy go? Maybe Bombshell finally found out where he lived...

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017

I do not get that guy. He was obsessed on Hughes and Slafkovsky.

Must have been Marc Bergevin burner account

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Instead of Reinbacher?

I love ReHabs, but that is funny tbh.

It may likely be completely unrelated of course.

You know cancel culture is strong when posters are trying to get other posters effectively cancelled for posting differing opinions lol, y'all need to chill.
I got told to “stick to basketball” because I thought being in the NHL would pay off for Slafkovsky.

I been chill, right now I'm feeling spicy.

All of the smoke!

Non Player Canadiens

Jan 25, 2012
Maplewood, NJ
Buenas noches a todos

I read this forum since at least 5 years and damm you guys make me addict. I never thought i will create an account but honestly today this kid make me feel something different.

I am from the 80's , french canadian and hockey means something special for me. On partait de la rue st-denis pis on montait dans le nord while listening la soirée du hockey ford a la radio. When finally arrive au chalet, i was running to move the anten to grab my dad and have a real moment between mens. For those who know that era. Life was different and those couch had there own smell/memories with a bunch off dust. Dam i miss those days. It was something different.

But let me tell you this brother ,sister and transformer , in all my life between different era ............

I never saw a player like Slaf!
Neverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

This kid is very special , un dieux du stade. A mix of john leclair with the balls of line Odelin and the heart of carbonneau. This guy have something to prove in life because he is a f***ing gladiador. Maximussssssss.

Give him 5 years and he bring back the Stanley Cup in montreal baby!!!

**I am drunk hasta el culo but it was a pleasure to put my grain of salt.
god-like 28:1 ratio, that's a hell of a first post.

Reactions: donghabs98

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Don't think anybody expected this kind of development so quickly after looking mediocre at best early. What's more impressive is that his play has been just as good if not better than his production. I'll gladly eat crow along with many others here since despite not writing him off, his start was disappointing. Of course this has to keep up in the future, but why would it not, he's 19 and doing everything right on top of producing.
I think some posters did see that the production would come, and come quickly, as he integrated all the changes to his game the team asked him to do...

It was apparent, to some, that the hesitation & "looking lost" was not low hockey IQ but instead the dip in performance that is inevitable when you introduce those kinds of changes... Something very familiar in the athlete development space, and easy to miss without gat familiarity.

He's on pace for the higher end of what the more optimistic fans projected for the season. He is who some of us thought he was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad