Blue Jays Discussion: June 2017 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
and one of the best.

Well... yeah. But just being really good isn't automatically interesting.

Two ALCS appearances, individual player dominance, the relentless offense in 2015, the switch to a dominant rotation in 2016, the Donaldson trade, the deadline deals in 2015, the insane two month stretch in 2015, the batflip, the batdrop... the Jays have basically been a remarkably interesting team since the Marlins deal.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
gibby heard us!

tonight's lineup:

1.Bautista rf
2.Smith cf
3.Donaldson 3b
4.Smoak 1b
5.Morales dh
6.Pearce lf
7.goins ss
8.barney 2b
9.maile c

now i hope martin slides into that 2 hole instead of pillar tommorrow.

Diamond Joe Quimby

A$AP Joffrey
Aug 14, 2010
Washington, DC
gibby heard us!

tonight's lineup:

1.Bautista rf
2.Smith cf
3.Donaldson 3b
4.Smoak 1b
5.Morales dh
6.Pearce lf
7.goins ss
8.barney 2b
9.maile c

I mean, I was good until I saw Dwight Smith batting second...that just doesn't make any damn sense. How does giving your best hitter less at bats seem like a good idea. Bautista-Donaldson-Smoaker-Morales-the rest would've been fine.

Also, that bottom three is fire lol. Bunt sign is on for all three at all times for manager DJQ :laugh:.

metafour

Apr 6, 2008
I mean, I was good until I saw Dwight Smith batting second...that just doesn't make any damn sense. How does giving your best hitter less at bats seem like a good idea. Bautista-Donaldson-Smoaker-Morales-the rest would've been fine.

Also, that bottom three is fire lol. Bunt sign is on for all three at all times for manager DJQ :laugh:.

Martin is the new #2 hitter. DSJ is only in there tonight because Martin is off.

Diamond Joe Quimby

A$AP Joffrey
Aug 14, 2010
Washington, DC
Martin is the new #2 hitter. DSJ is only in there tonight because Martin is off.

I mean, I was good until I saw Russell Martin batting second...that just doesn't make any damn sense. How does giving your best hitter less at bats seem like a good idea. Bautista-Donaldson-Smoaker-Morales-the rest would've been fine.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
gibby heard us!

tonight's lineup:

1.Bautista rf
2.Smith cf
3.Donaldson 3b
4.Smoak 1b
5.Morales dh
6.Pearce lf
7.goins ss
8.barney 2b
9.maile c

We're trying to get into the race, no way you can allow your bottom 3 to be Goins, Barney, Maile if you can help it. FFS, Gibby!

Muston Atthews

Bunch of Bangerz
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
We're trying to get into the race, no way you can allow your bottom 3 to be Goins, Barney, Maile if you can help it. FFS, Gibby!

Martin and Tulo are both coming off of injuries and Martin got banged up pretty good at the plate the other day. I'd rather them take a night off here and there to stay healthy than get injured and miss lengthy time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad