Injury Report: Jumbo, Pavs...

WSS11

Oct 7, 2009
And it’s because Donskoi isn’t practicing. So we may not have Kane or Donskoi for game 2?

Negatively Positive

Mr. Longevity
Mar 2, 2011
DeBoer says no Thornton next game but he's coming along in his after-practice interview

Why does Deboer always rule Joe out beforehand. He should keep the opponent guessing especially since Joe skates in warmups every game. Anyways, the Sharks are in big trouble. No Donskoi, no Thornton, likely no Kane.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
Is tonight the night?

Deboer "We just won a big game 2, it would be unfair to the players who played that game to change the lineup now, thornton will have to wait his turn for a chance to return to the lineup"

Obviously not deboer for any one not fully sure lol

Friday

Apr 25, 2014
LA
Deboer "We just won a big game 2, it would be unfair to the players who played that game to change the lineup now, thornton will have to wait his turn for a chance to return to the lineup"

Obviously not deboer for any one not fully sure lol

If Ryan doesn't draw in tonight we should riot

Herschel

Dec 8, 2009
Anyone think with the line combos this morning PDB is thinking about going with 7 D tonight?

- DeMelo might not be 100% after that knee
- Martin road the pine for a huge part of the game
- Ryan hasn't played yet
Seems like having all three might not be that bad of an idea

Friday

Apr 25, 2014
LA
Anyone think with the line combos this morning PDB is thinking about going with 7 D tonight?

- DeMelo might not be 100% after that knee
- Martin road the pine for a huge part of the game
- Ryan hasn't played yet
Seems like having all three might not be that bad of an idea

He already doesn't trust 2 d-men who are in the top 6, whats the point of having 3 d men he won't play? Wish Martin would just take a seat, so annoying.

CaptainShark

Sep 25, 2004
Fulda, Germany
So is it riot time now?

I was sure after game 1 that Martin would come out, just suspected PDB would do the switch in game 3 so that he can ease Ryan in after that long layoff (having last change). Why play Martin at all when you have ZERO trust?

Reactions: Phu

WTFetus

Marlov
Mar 12, 2009
San Francisco
So is it riot time now?

I was sure after game 1 that Martin would come out, just suspected PDB would do the switch in game 3 so that he can ease Ryan in after that long layoff (having last change). Why play Martin at all when you have ZERO trust?

Lose 7-0: Have to show that the guys can overcome that loss. No line-up changes.
Win: Why change things up when they won? No line-up changes
Lose in OT: So close to winning, literally 1 sudden-death goal away. No line-up changes.

Deboer logic.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
So is it riot time now?

There's never going to be enough fan outcry here and media pressure to really affect change from game to game or even from season to season. These people are just that set in their ways that it pretty much has to be something that they thought of in order to make something like that happen. It just amazes me that Ryan can play 62 games this season and not even get enough trust from this coach to step in for a player who has gotten 14 NHL games this season and is coming off an injury that everyone knows has killed his wheels.

The biggest problem is that these issues never really get fixed by DW and he isn't proactive on this because he has to sometimes go executive on his coach and remove players that shouldn't be playing anymore. Martin is one of those guys. Karlsson is one of those guys. DeMelo is one of those guys. I don't know what it's going to take for DW to finally get around to seeing that you need six solid reliable defensemen in order to go deep in the playoffs if you don't have three superstar forwards like Pittsburgh does.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
The funny thing is we had a great bottom pairing defenseman in Schlemko and Vegas took him from us.

In a way, they benefitted more from getting him out of San Jose than they did from actually having him on their team and trading him for a 5th.

treefiddy

Errr'day Trollin'
May 8, 2013
San Jose
How is it the Curry is coming back tonight from damn near the same injury (minus the surgery) in a sport which YOU JUMP AND CUT 95% of the time, yet Thornton isn't back yet?

All I hear about is how badass hockey players are. Is this on Thornton or Deboer?

LA Shark

Hello Darkness My Old Freind
Feb 18, 2017
Southern California
How is it the Curry is coming back tonight from damn near the same injury (minus the surgery) in a sport which YOU JUMP AND CUT 95% of the time, yet Thornton isn't back yet?

All I hear about is how badass hockey players are. Is this on Thornton or Deboer?

Dude played on a torn acl last year. That's unheard of. I highly doubt Thornton's injury is pretty much the same as Curry's. The fact he got surgery alone makes it much different. That being said it seems odd he has been back at practice now for so long, but still isn't ready...

FunkyPhin

Feb 2, 2011
Vancouver
Dude played on a torn acl last year. That's unheard of. I highly doubt Thornton's injury is pretty much the same as Curry's. The fact he got surgery alone makes it much different. That being said it seems odd he has been back at practice now for so long, but still isn't ready...

Somethings happening that they're not telling us. He's been practicing since the end of the reg season and Deboer has been quick to rule him out for games that are almost a week away in some cases. Either that or they're trying to save him until they desperately need him, which is going to bite them in the ass.

treefiddy

Errr'day Trollin'
May 8, 2013
San Jose

That’s my point, he played on a torn acl last season, yet can’t play on a knee they did arthroscopic surgery on over two months ago. The injury/procedure usually keeps nfl players out a few weeks. They either fed us bullshit or Thornton doesn’t want to risk it. There’s no in between.

LA Shark

Hello Darkness My Old Freind
Feb 18, 2017
Southern California
That’s my point, he played on a torn acl last season, yet can’t play on a knee they did arthroscopic surgery on over two months ago. The injury/procedure usually keeps nfl players out a few weeks. They either fed us bull**** or Thornton doesn’t want to risk it. There’s no in between.
I would bet on the former. Either that or it's just another PDB lineup head scratcher. I'd be shocked if this was a Thorton decision.

Reactions: treefiddy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad