Speculation: Jumbo Joe on the way?

disgruntleddave

Aug 31, 2009
Canada
We're not a true contender unless we have a plan on D. And hopefully something in net, although I'm sure they'll see it as a year to compete before letting freddy walk (hate the asset management).

Don't like Thornton at anything north of what spezza took (so, basically league min).

Reactions: ForzaZuffa

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Reactions: Duffman955

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
We should bring Marleau back too so we can have Thornton, Spezza and Marleau on the 4th line.

Our 4th line needs not to be soft. If they are not going to provide offence they need to play big and ugly. How Dubas comes up with 2 such players at the minimum salary to play with Engval will be interesting.

Reactions: CincoHolio

HolyCrap

Oct 2, 2015
Well that will fix our biggest need. A number one RHD. He will be great there.

New Liskeard

Jul 7, 2007
Thornton might just be the type of leader and experienced veteran this team needs. Spezza is great; but Thornton may be able to help the young players bridge the gap and win. Can't hurt. Anyone see the quote from Elliot?

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Thornton might just be the type of leader and experienced veteran this team needs. Spezza is great; but Thornton may be able to help the young players bridge the gap and win. Can't hurt. Anyone see the quote from Elliot?
When did Elliotte said Leafs will sign Thornton to a short contract? I know Dubas has chased after Thornton, but did Elliotte say something new?

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Because they play the same position, C. And neither can handle a 3rd line role for a full season.
Spezza's a RW'er primarily and has been for a few years.

Rumour was from Friedman (just) after the TDL from what I can see. Not sure how relevant or likely it is today

New Liskeard

Jul 7, 2007
When did Elliotte said Leafs will sign Thornton to a short contract? I know Dubas has chased after Thornton, but did Elliotte say something new?

Never said Elliotte made that comment. The article suggested he did say it; I was asking if anyone else had seen it? Would not dislike it, if the price was right.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad