Injury Report: Juhjar Khaira

Flahawkfan

Apr 24, 2017
You watch this hit over and over again and you see clearly that Trouba was not playing the puck. You wonder if it's a star player (like Kane or MacKinnon instead of JK), if the NHL doesn't come down on him?
They (NHL-player safety ) have suspended individuals for a lot less.

Please don't get me wrong, I am a fan of Fighting and like others I am a big fan of hitting, but hitting a defensless player and injuring him was the exact reason each team had a true heavy weight goon on their team. To keep players honest from doing this sort of shit.
Having a bout with Riley Stillman or Gabe Ladeskog won't change the behavior. Having John Scott or Bob Probert come after you would truly make a POS like Trouba think twice about this sort of hit.

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
You watch this hit over and over again and you see clearly that Trouba was not playing the puck. You wonder if it's a star player (like Kane or MacKinnon instead of JK), if the NHL doesn't come down on him?
They (NHL-player safety ) have suspended individuals for a lot less.

Please don't get me wrong, I am a fan of Fighting and like others I am a big fan of hitting, but hitting a defensless player and injuring him was the exact reason each team had a true heavy weight goon on their team. To keep players honest from doing this sort of shit.
Having a bout with Riley Stillman or Gabe Ladeskog won't change the behavior. Having John Scott or Bob Probert come after you would truly make a POS like Trouba think twice about this sort of hit.
1/ Duh, of course Trouba wasn't playing the puck but defending against a player who had the puck. What a dumb statement to begin this diatribe.
2/ Playing the man is part of hockey and it always will be.
3/ Players learn in Peewee that you can't skate with your head down and not expect the worst.
4/ Intentional headshots, boarding, intentional knee contact have been addressed aggressively by the NHL. They deemed the check on Khaira as legal and they were right and I'm sure the same will result in the hit on MacKinnon last night.
5/ Mentioning John Scott and Bob Probert in the same vein is an insult to Probert who could actually play the game quite well...and Probert rarely started a fight. They were all gunning for him.

Reactions: Kleefeld

Giovi

Sponsor
Feb 1, 2009
Just like your post in the main board thread responding to me, this is f***ing nonsense. Just like every post in this thread that you've made.

Khaira 100% looked up. The contact from Trouba's shoulder was initially made with the chin, which is what knocked Khaira out while he was still on his f***ing feet. You may need new eyes. The hit may not have been "illegal" by the specific rules of the NHL, but it was a bad f***ing hit, and exactly the type of shit the NHL "says" they're trying to eliminate from the game. This the type of hit that ends careers, and alters people's lives. It was completely unnecessary. He easily could have pulled up and laid off knowing Khaira was in a vulnerable position, but instead he drives his shoulder through his chin, and the only thought he had in his mind was to absolutely level him. He easily could have made a pokecheck there, also, knowing Khaira has no idea where the puck was as it bounced around in his feet.

And this is coming from someone who absolutely loves a big hit, and used to unleash some of the biggest hits you'd ever see in hockey.

I'm assuming you're in your 50s-60s, and you think all of Scott Stevens hits were good, clean hits too?

It seems like that's the generation that gives no f***s about these players, and the impact to their lives from some of these hits. The "Gotta keep your head up, bud!" crowd.
It may not be an illegal hit by NHL standards, but it's a predatory hit. And it should be illegal.

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
It may not be an illegal hit by NHL standards, but it's a predatory hit. And it should be illegal.
Perhaps you need to stick to a less violent game like football :sarcasm: .... where literally every play the hits are "predatory". It's called contact sports.

Khaira and MacKinnon should know better than to carry the puck with head down in the NHL.

Reactions: Kleefeld

Giovi

Sponsor
Feb 1, 2009
Perhaps you need to stick to a less violent game like football :sarcasm: .... where literally every play the hits are "predatory". It's called contact sports.

Khaira and MacKinnon should know better than to carry the puck with head down in the NHL.
I'm a fan of big hits. But players should have enough respect for each other not to make the head the point of contact. If you can't make a hit without contacting the head, don't make the hit.

With what we now know about CTE, this is a no-brainer.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

Pertti

Dec 1, 2019
If Trouba's shoulder hits chest and heads are not hitting together then what the hell hit JK on the head.

It is head shot, 3 games without history.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Anyone who has played the game at any high level knows what I'm talking about. If Khaira had his head up he gets hit squarely in the chest where it was intended.
His head was up. It's like people made this concussion despite looking at the videom by the time there was contact, JK is head pretty straight and looking up, he wasn't bent over or head down at the time contact happened.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Anyone who has played the game at any high level knows what I'm talking about. If Khaira had his head up he gets hit squarely in the chest where it was intended.

Khaira was looking right at Trouba when his shoulder hit him dead in the chin. There is video, there are gifs, and there are screenshots. Doesn't matter how many times you say it, it doesn't make it true.

Those hits are going away at all levels, and it's only a matter of time before they're out of the NHL, too. Because people should be able to play hockey without suffering brain damage.

Pertti

Dec 1, 2019
Penalties should come from the things you DO not what you INTENDED to do.

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Trouba's quote:
"I don't think it was malicious," Trouba said. "I don't think I jumped. I stayed on my feet, tried to tuck my shoulder and put it in their chest. That's how I was taught how to hit. That’s the cleanest way I know how to hit, and that's what I try to do."
As Trouba pointed out, "It's a fast-paced game," which makes adjusting in the extremely short time it takes an opponent to drop their head nearly impossible.
"It's easy to slow down and let your brain think when it's going half speed," he added. "But you're in the middle of the game."

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Trouba's quote:
"I don't think it was malicious," Trouba said. "I don't think I jumped. I stayed on my feet, tried to tuck my shoulder and put it in their chest. That's how I was taught how to hit. That’s the cleanest way I know how to hit, and that's what I try to do."
As Trouba pointed out, "It's a fast-paced game," which makes adjusting in the extremely short time it takes an opponent to drop their head nearly impossible.
"It's easy to slow down and let your brain think when it's going half speed," he added. "But you're in the middle of the game."
Which hit is he talking about though

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
He’s skating on his own and has been around the team every day. But obviously with his series of head injuries the hawks have said he’s a long way off.

Thanks. I felt that last year he came back too soon from a concussion and as a result got another one not too long after he returned. At some point you have to start thinking about life beyond hockey, so I hope that he takes a long while off to recover as best he can so that he isn't in the same situation again or worse is forced out of the league due to his health.

Reactions: Mrfenn92

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Thanks. I felt that last year he came back too soon from a concussion and as a result got another one not too long after he returned. At some point you have to start thinking about life beyond hockey, so I hope that he takes a long while off to recover as best he can so that he isn't in the same situation again or worse is forced out of the league due to his health.
Agreed. Just slowplay this going forward and then make a decision.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
22AF51B9-D6E2-4954-AC5A-C7A8687414DC.jpeg

On the ice yesterday

Chuck Testa

Mar 27, 2017
good to hear for him and his health...not so sure it is good for the hawks and winning though... he brings very little

He should have always been stapled to the 4th line. He never should have been in the top 9, let alone the top 6.

Guy's a 4th liner.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad