Injury Report: Juhjar Khaira

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
D1107FEA-D2CE-4D3B-B52A-2559B6FAA232.jpeg

Released from hospital but out indefinitely as expected.

nmgrbhfn

Mar 27, 2018
Someone said in another report that this is his third head injury. Hope he has good guidance on long term health implications of his head injuries since this may be an appropriate time to consider whether the risks of further injury are worth it.

nmgrbhfn

Mar 27, 2018
In case anyone has forgotten the Stevens hit on Lindros, Trouba's hit on Khaira looks very similar to my eyes. Wasn't that type of hit supposed to be a five minute penalty?

Reactions: BuddyTheGoon

Esq

in terrorem
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2009
Village in the City
In case anyone has forgotten the Stevens hit on Lindros, Trouba's hit on Khaira looks very similar to my eyes. Wasn't that type of hit supposed to be a five minute penalty?
No. Trouba's hit was clean, as was Stevens' back then. Keep your head up.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
No. Trouba's hit was clean, as was Stevens' back then. Keep your head up.

Shawzie vehemently disagrees about it being clean.

I think it's borderline, made a million times worse due to the outcome. But I would certainly not classify it as clean.

Reactions: Muffinalt and ray c

Giovi

Sponsor
Feb 1, 2009
It was hard to tell from the lone camera angle, but I thought maybe the head was the principal point of contact. It looked to me like he was out before he hit the ice.

Reactions: Pertti and pvr

Esq

in terrorem
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2009
Village in the City

I think it's borderline, made a million times worse due to the outcome. But I would certainly not classify it as clean.

I don't know. Not sure what else Trouba is supposed to do there. You are taught to separate the guy from the puck, and Khaira never looked up.

Reactions: excaliber

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can

:rolleyes: If a player can't throw a shoulder to the chest, they may as well ban hitting altogether.
The only reason there was some head contact was that JK had his head down. It was a hard hit but a clean hit.
And it wasn't anything close to the Stevens hit on Lindros. That was a headshot if there ever was one.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Someone said in another report that this is his third head injury. Hope he has good guidance on long term health implications of his head injuries since this may be an appropriate time to consider whether the risks of further injury are worth it.

Here were the other two with Oilers

Hawks and doctors should sit down with him and have frank honest conversation about his future

Reactions: Bring Back Bucky

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
It's a hit that ends up in the grey area. If you suspend him, it pretty much eliminates body contact moving forward. It's impossible for Trouba to not hit his chin while throwing a clean hit to separate him from the puck, because the players head is down, which you are taught not to do as a Pee-Wee player (12 yo?).

On the other hand, Trouba has zero intention of playing a puck, and knows he is about to absolutely destroy someone and possibly end their career. Guys I respect, let up in those situations, even just a little bit. But can't say it's really an illegal check. An immoral check?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad