Value of: JT Miller to the Leafs

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Lmao you did not just call Amirov/Liljegren B prospects

how does Columbus top it? they do have the Leafs 1st which helps

I'd have to hear what Canucks fans want, but there's many ways to do it. The late 1sts are available, or we could go with prospects, or some players like Laine and Domi could be available if the price is right.

CatchyTune

JOHN TAVARES IS A MAPLE LEAF
Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
I'd have to hear what Canucks fans want, but there's many ways to do it. The late 1sts are available, or we could go with prospects, or some players like Laine and Domi could be available if the price is right.
the ask is very high apparently. some asks from Canucks fans were a but crazy but Miller does warrant a good return

Gstank

Apr 27, 2015
Literally nothing from the Leafs are what we need. Ideally we get a young top 4 defenseman (preferably RHD) and some kind of draft pick or a/b prospect.

gianni

Apr 8, 2014

JT Miller is a core piece for the Canucks, and likely edges out Brock Boeser slightly in value b/c of his ability to win faceoffs and being a contributing veteran piece (on a team w/ a young core). Late firsts/prospects don't really move the needle as the Canucks plan to be competitive. If Patrik Laine is available though, the Canucks would listen depending on his salary expectations going forward, and if they feel he'd be a good fit. How much $$ is he looking for?

Last edited:
Reactions: Szechwan

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
JT Miller is a core piece for the Canucks, and likely edges out Brock Boeser slightly in value b/c of his ability to win faceoffs and being contributing veteran piece (on a team w/ a young core). Late firsts/prospects don't really move the needle as the Canucks plan to be competitive. If Patrik Laine is available though, the Canucks would listen depending on his salary expectations going forward, and if they feel he'd be a good fit. How much $$ is he looking for?

Laine's had a bad year, he'll just accept his $7.5m qualifying offer and treat next year like a prove it year. I really don't know what Laine expects long term, but at this point I think he has a better sense of his strengths and limitations and probably isn't going to be insisting on $9m like many Jets fans feared.

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
Article, with this exact question, echoing exactly what I said, and confirmed by the NHL. :popcorn:

Opinion | Mailbag: The rise of Rasmus Sandin could be a gift for the Maple Leafs, and change the Morgan Rielly equation

"All 24 teams that were in the two bubbles last year “made the playoffs.” The NHL made that clear prior to, during and after. All the scoring, records and games played count toward playoff records. In fact, as the Leafs clinched, I received this in an email from the NHL’s media relations department. “Auston Matthews scored his NHL-leading 35th goal of the season and 10th game winner to help the Maple Leafs clinch the first playoff spot in the Scotia North Division. This marks Toronto’s fifth consecutive post-season appearance and 70th in franchise history.” I didn’t write that, the NHL did. They’d know."
Congratulations.

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
Laine's had a bad year, he'll just accept his $7.5m qualifying offer and treat next year like a prove it year. I really don't know what Laine expects long term, but at this point I think he has a better sense of his strengths and limitations and probably isn't going to be insisting on $9m like many Jets fans feared.
I would do Miller for Laine.

We would be the best shooting team in the NHL, with Laine, EP, Boeser :laugh:

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I would do Miller for Laine.

We would be the best shooting team in the NHL, with Laine, EP, Boeser :laugh:

Well we'd have a deal if I was GM.

Vancouver has the high end talent which is what Laine needs to be around to maximize his gifts. And Miller is the more versatile player which is better for the Jackets.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad