Value of: JT Miller to the Leafs

Revelation

Aug 15, 2016
Miller is probably the best forward the Leafs could add level and roster fit wise, assuming the comes back fine from da covid. Put him as LW with Matthews or Tavares to take faceoffs and cover defensively. Canucks aren't going anywhere this season and Benning's brilliant avalanche of shit contracts puts them in a cap squeeze with Pettersson, Boeser and Hughes needing to be resigned in the coming season/2 seasons under a flat cap.

Toronto would still need to overpay, but something like Kerfoot (cap), 1st, Amirov/Liljegren and a conditional 2nd round pick that becomes another 1st if they get to the finals?

IrishInOntario

May 18, 2013
Miller is probably the best forward the Leafs could add level and roster fit wise, assuming the comes back fine from da covid. Put him as LW with Matthews or Tavares to take faceoffs and cover defensively. Canucks aren't going anywhere this season and Benning's brilliant avalanche of shit contracts puts them in a cap squeeze with Pettersson, Boeser and Hughes needing to be resigned in the coming season/2 seasons under a flat cap.

Toronto would still need to overpay, but something like Kerfoot (cap), 1st, Amirov/Liljegren and a conditional 2nd round pick that becomes another 1st if they get to the finals?

My man, I'm not going to be dick so I'll actually give yought a throughout response.

Toronto can't afford Miller's 5.25m cap hit for two years beyond this one. It just doesn't fit in their cap structure with the current money they already spend on forwards, with Zack Hyman needing a raise.

Furthermore, the package you are suggesting is crazy high for a player of Miller's caliber. He'd definitely return a 1st and a Amirov / Robertson type prospect, or a 1st, 2nd and B prospect, but his value ends there. He's surpassed 60 points 1 time in his career. Excellent player, when he's playing with maximum effort, but not worth, as much as THREE 1st round picks and Alex Kerfoot. That's the type of rumored, 4 asset package that starts the conversation for Eichel, not Miller.

Reactions: CanuckCity

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Nothing the Leafs would give up would have the appeal of a player like Miller.

You simply can't afford this player without giving up something better, and no Leafs fan would be alright with that.

A series of low firsts, a former first round pick (not a first, no matter how you twist it) and a cap dump isn't something that gets any Canucks fans motor running here, barring a hard core tanker.

OP's fellow Leafs fans won't like the original offer, but it simply is trying to trade 3 quarters and an arcade token carved with "Kerfoot Rulz" for a dollar.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
Your feelings seem hurt.
He is telling the truth. The nucks went further than leafs last playoffs and also beat the defending champs in Blues while Leafs couldnt even beat Blue jackets lol. So Now you want miller, our core player for a bag of pucks? Unless its Matthews or Marner coming back I am not interested giving up Miller who is better than softie Nylander amd Tavares while being much cheaper than both and signed for 3 to 4 more years.

Reactions: Ncit3 and Cogburn

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021

Canucks counter with high 1st, 2nd 2021, Podkolzin and rights to Tryamkin for Matthews

Reactions: Cogburn

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
He is telling the truth. The nucks went further than leafs last playoffs and also beat the defending champs in Blues while Leafs couldnt even beat Blue jackets lol. So Now you want miller, our core player for a bag of pucks? Unless its Matthews or Marner coming back I am not interested giving up Miller who is better than softie Nylander amd Tavares while being much cheaper than both and signed for 3 to 4 more years.
You also seem upset.

AcerComputer

Aug 4, 2014
Nothing the Leafs would give up would have the appeal of a player like Miller.

You simply can't afford this player without giving up something better, and no Leafs fan would be alright with that.

A series of low firsts, a former first round pick (not a first, no matter how you twist it) and a cap dump isn't something that gets any Canucks fans motor running here, barring a hard core tanker.

OP's fellow Leafs fans won't like the original offer, but it simply is trying to trade 3 quarters and an arcade token carved with "Kerfoot Rulz" for a dollar.
Amirov was just drafted last year at 15th overall. This an insane proposal. Would never get this offer.

Paulinbc

Sep 5, 2015
you want to trade JT Miller when his values the lowest it’s ever been during his time as a Canuck.
These examples are what I point to when forum posters say they can do a better job at managing a pro sports franchise than the professionals.

don’t get me wrong, I like the return that you are proposing but the leafs won’t even listen to you.

Reactions: LFCTML and WillyNy

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
So should anyone put any money on the leafs this playoffs? Doesnt seem very safe.
What's a "safe" bet between 16 teams? Regardless, you'd be a fool not to think the Leafs have a chance. So yes, smart money would be on the Leafs considering they wont be the favorites. I had Colorado winning this year with Tampa at 2. The Leafs are hovering around the top 5.

PettersonHughes

Aug 26, 2020
Miller's a point-per-game guy in his prime, signed on a bargain contract and who's an all situations guy (PP, PK, shootouts, faceoffs, top line, can play center/ LW at an elite level, gritty, is clutch). If you're not paying a premium don't bother.

Reactions: Cogburn

Bertuzzipunch

Aug 9, 2020
you want to trade JT Miller when his values the lowest it’s ever been during his time as a Canuck.
These examples are what I point to when forum posters say they can do a better job at managing a pro sports franchise than the professionals.

don’t get me wrong, I like the return that you are proposing but the leafs won’t even listen to you.
Why is his price lower than its ever been since he's been a canuck? Thats completely false, if anything its high as than its ever been.

Bertuzzipunch

Aug 9, 2020
What's a "safe" bet between 16 teams? Regardless, you'd be a fool not to think the Leafs have a chance. So yes, smart money would be on the Leafs considering they wont be the favorites. I had Colorado winning this year with Tampa at 2. The Leafs are hovering around the top 5.
Maybe 5 but most likely another 1st round failure like always

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad