Recalled/Assigned: JT Miller Recalled; McIlrath, Asham Sent Down

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
Ummm... did we all think Miller was gonna be that good? He was a bit of a reach at 15 in a weak draft...

I thought he was going to be a 40 pt, 3rd/energy line center (Dubinsky but with better hockey IQ), haven't seen much to change my mind thus far

BarbaraAlphanse

give me a legit reason to send him to ahl.. who is a better option? he adds a element we lack badly

do you have any idea what the management is looking to do/what their plan might be moving forward?

you were pretty spot on before the season with what their intentions were, wondering if you know if sather is gonna be an ignorant buyer with no plan or if they actually are gearing to stock up this team again with youth.

Dagoon44

Sep 15, 2003
NJ
dagoon44.blogspot.com
do you have any idea what the management is looking to do/what their plan might be moving forward?

you were pretty spot on before the season with what their intentions were, wondering if you know if sather is gonna be an ignorant buyer with no plan or if they actually are gearing to stock up this team again with youth.

Rangers have been very and i am very hush on a lot of stuff this season.. Sather has been more of a ghost then normal and not gonna lie a lot of my connections moved out of the front office.. ask me about Edmonton i might have more info lol

BarbaraAlphanse

Rangers have been very and i am very hush on a lot of stuff this season.. Sather has been more of a ghost then normal and not gonna lie a lot of my connections moved out of the front office.. ask me about Edmonton i might have more info lol

Damn. What about any auto bar sessions? Got anyone lined up? Couldn't do it a few years back when you had a few lined up but I'd make it over there if you had any coming up.

UncleOscar

Feb 12, 2010
Austin, TX
I believe it would. And im not talking about only one. Falk got what it takes. Size, heart etc. McIlrath can play on D, but also on wing i believe. Bickel to. We need to make the team bigger, stronger and nastier. Look at it this way

Richards, Zuke, Nash, Stepan, Kreider and Brassard are the ones With talent. Thats 6 players. The rest are braindead crap. Callahan should play on the 3rd line as an hardworking teamplayers. Hagelin got speed and offensive talent. Moore is the guy noone notice. Pou got talent, but dosent use it. Boyle good on PK and in the playoffs. Miller, Kristo etc are just prospects.

Get rid of moore and use powe for the PK. Pyatt should be traded.

I wouldnt mind seeing this lineup

Kreider - Stepan - Zuke
Hagelin - Richards - Nash
McIlrath - Brassard - Callahan
Bickel - Powe - Dorsett

PK Boyle - hagelin
PK 2 Callahan - Powe

Are we all just ignoring the ridiculousness of this post? McIlrath on the third line? You're gonna put him at left wing, a position he probably hasn't played since squirts? Also, we already saw Bickel at the wing last year and he didn't play because he couldn't break out of his own zone. This team doesn't need fighters. This team needs to score. This team needs to be grittier, which is a lot different than just throwing a bunch of enforcers up at forward.

As for the topic at hand, I don't get why everyone is all up in arms. McIlrath is not NHL ready. Give him 20 minutes a night in Hartford and get him some playing time. Giving him very sheltered minutes in the NHL isn't going to do his development any good. It was nice to see him for a couple games but he clearly still needs seasoning.

Miller, on the other hand, was sent down because they wanted him to get more minutes. Same as McIlrath, it's not going to do any good for him to play 8-10 minutes a night. I agree with everyone that says he should be playing center, but then that makes Brassard even more useless. Everyone thought Torts was ruining Kreider and look how he turned out. I think JT will be fine.

StepansLabyrinth

Rational Police
Jul 2, 2009
Miller does have a role at center with Brassard on the team if you just move Richards to wing, where he's been better all year.

Kreider-Stepan-Nash
Richards-Brassard-MZA
Hagelin-Miller-Pouliot
Boyle-Moore-Dorsett

McD-Stralman
MDZ-Girardi
Moore-Falk

Obviously, not entirely ideal, but it's okay for what we currently have available. I really want to see Kristo replace Pouliot since this team needs any offense it can get but I guess they're taking it sort of slow with him.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
Miller does have a role at center with Brassard on the team if you just move Richards to wing, where he's been better all year.

Kreider-Stepan-Nash
Richards-Brassard-MZA
Hagelin-Miller-Pouliot
Boyle-Moore-Dorsett

McD-Stralman
MDZ-Girardi
Moore-Falk

Obviously, not entirely ideal, but it's okay for what we currently have available. I really want to see Kristo replace Pouliot since this team needs any offense it can get but I guess they're taking it sort of slow with him.

Considering our current assets... This is an OK lineup. Let's hope that's where these players end up

a tribe cq

That’s just like…your opinion man.
Jan 15, 2013
McIlrath should play on the wing as an enforcer. Him, Bickel and Falk should be in the lineup every night, because they can protect the other players. Who cares if they makes some mistakes. I would much rather have som bad Plays by an enforcer, than injuries on Our top players.

Horrible idea, Mc is a 1st rd, 10th overall, defensive defensemen and we should just throw him on the wing for enforcement? Let the kid develop into the player he can be. Would rather bring up Haley when healthy if it came to that.

Rangers ftw

May 8, 2007
kenjets36;76485689[B said:
]I think all the back and forth business is what's frustrating with this coach.[/B] It was frustrating with Torts. Now AV is doing it, and an even more ridiculous rate.

AV complains about team toughness. Asks Sather to call up McI. Then sends him down after 2 games. These call ups/send downs have implications past 2 games. You can't play around with someone like that. It could seriously stunt his growth.

Yeah, it totally ruined Kreider. Hasn't been able to perform ever since. Should've continued to play him even though he was a ghost on the ice. The time in AHL with no pressure and lots of ice time did him no good at all.

I mean, just call them up and then let em play, no matter how bad they are. That just strengthen their confidence. AV need to stick with his decisions. Once up, no way back!

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
the kid played in the nhl at 21 yea he sucks.. your just so fast to bury him because he is a tough kid.. this argument is stupid because if you were a gm
neely
Messier
Graves
Domi
Schultz
never would play in NHL and before u bash schultz check his stats in goals and ASST.
and tons of other losers in there first yrs would never have played

You are so fast to promote him because he is a tough kid. Call me crazy, but I think when you're analyzing a defenseman's effectiveness, his ability to play NHL caliber defense should come first and foremost. McIlrath isn't there yet. It doesnt mean he sucks. It doesnt mean hes a bust. It means he needs more time to develop.

The rest of your post is strange and makes zero sense.

Placid

Feb 17, 2010
AV finally woke up and has Miller at center. From: @PLeonardNYDN
Sent: Dec 20, 2013 10:32a

#NYR AM lines SHAKE IT UP Nash-Stepan-Zucc, Kreider-Brass-Hag, Rich-Miller-Pouliot, Boyle-DMoore-Dorsett. McD-G, JMoore-Stralman, DZ-Falk
hmm, quite interesting lines those, especially the second line should give any defender nightmares if they manage to use that speed potential.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
AV finally woke up and has Miller at center. From: @PLeonardNYDN
Sent: Dec 20, 2013 10:32a

#NYR AM lines SHAKE IT UP Nash-Stepan-Zucc, Kreider-Brass-Hag, Rich-Miller-Pouliot, Boyle-DMoore-Dorsett. McD-G, JMoore-Stralman, DZ-Falk

sent via Twitter for iPhone
On Twitter: http://twitter.com/PLeonardNYDN/status/414055827256115200

About ********** time. Still think it's a losing cause to have Pouliot out there, would much rather see a RH shot on the 3rd line wing.

Being a genius that AV is, hasn't he realized that teams line up sticks on the bottom 6 so guys are always while facing defending up?

That improves team speed, so guys aren't pivoting to play pucks. Watch LA, STL, ANA, and WSH do that. And having your softest guys play the puck with their backs turned is going result in automatic turnovers.

Kristo, Asham, and Fast (inj) can fill 3rd or 4th line wings, and give more than AV's friend from the province up north there in Pouliot.

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
hmm, quite interesting lines those, especially the second line should give any defender nightmares if they manage to use that speed potential.

I feel like that 2nd line will be terrible. brass just doesn't do much, CK is still so inexperienced and trying to figure things out but he's supposed to dominate and carry out there with brassard being unengaged and timid? Hags isn't exactly a playmaking beast either. Defensively they can't really say much either. Whatever I'm just throwing **** at the wall like AV is with these lineups.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
I feel like that 2nd line will be terrible. brass just doesn't do much, CK is still so inexperienced and trying to figure things out but he's supposed to dominate and carry out there with brassard being unengaged and timid? Hags isn't exactly a playmaking beast either. Defensively they can't really say much either. Whatever I'm just throwing **** at the wall like AV is with these lineups.

The 2nd line is terrible no matter what, so if the 1st most nights. So is the bottom 6.

You can pick the lines out of a hat every game and the result will be the same most nights.

PavelBure9

Jul 31, 2007
The 1st and 4th lines are probably the best. The 2nd has speed with Hagelin playing much better the past two games. The 3rd is the wild card, with Pouliot playing well, so you might as we'll give him a chance. Hopefully, Miller can hold his own.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
Thrilled to finally have miller at center.

He's not a natural winger at all

yea its about time. Reality is next yrs C crew will be the same or similar. Stepan, Brassard , Miller then a cheap option like a Moore( but not him) I would think Lindberg fights for a spot but unsure if they want him getting 4th line minutes

Richards is going to get bought out. Kudos to him for getting pts but its inevitable

Again room for some optimism cause crap players are off the books, Pyatt ,Pouliott, Asham and Powe. At this pt I would dump Moore. Boyle should get a pick back

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad