Recalled/Assigned: JT Miller Recalled; McIlrath, Asham Sent Down

OverTheCap

Jan 3, 2009
Oh, good, I was getting concerned that Miller was getting too comfortable down in Hartford. All these shuffling back and forth will do wonders for his development.

NoQuitInNewMexico

Jan 7, 2011
new mexico lol
The shuffling back and forth probably isn't that hard on the guys if they accept it as part of a normal process. I'm not a fan of JT Miller as an NHL player in 2013 though, especially the way we play him. I know we still have D-depth and he made mistakes but McI looked like he could give us more.

I thought McIlrath's promotion might have been the start of us auditioning Hartford's guys in advance of a defense-for-forward trade and if he went down so soon it would be for Allen or Syvret, but I guess...not. That's what I get for trying to forecast Rangers org moves.

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
shuffle shuffle shuffle and shuffle shuffle shuffle until a muffle duffle kluffle falls out of the buffle. woop woop. Well, I mean, this could be the time when JT finally stays. **** ton of meh players left and right and I think AV needs to and will hopefully god damn stop giving some guys chances and let JT have his shot.

TheBPA

Jul 1, 2004
two questions:

what's the record for number of times a player has been called up or sent down in a season?

can miller break it?

Don Chytil

Jan 14, 2010
Queens
This is just strange at this point. Unlike others I don't believe that this will have too big of an effect on Miller's development, but I can't think of a logical reason for this move. Do we have any spare defensemen now? Maybe good news on Staal incoming?

Jan 8, 2012
NY
In the other thread, I predicted that McL gets sent down and Miller goes up. Damn. Missed by 1. Rangers management is so unpredictable!!

slipknottin

Apr 11, 2011
CT
This is just strange at this point. Unlike others I don't believe that this will have too big of an effect on Miller's development, but I can't think of a logical reason for this move. Do we have any spare defensemen now? Maybe good news on Staal incoming?

My guess is pyatt gets waived. They need another forward. With Boyle and Moore struggling they want to give miller some time at center

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
I never understood why Asham ever got called up in the first place.

One more call up and Miller is officially ruined!

Feb 27, 2002
NYC
Hi, I'm Glen Sather. When it comes time to ruin one of my top prospects' confidence and sending him down, I pay for his travel cost with the Citi Thank You® card. That's because I rack up double the Thank You points on Amtrak. So a former first rounder can enjoy Hartford and I can enjoy free flights to Bamff.

Now that's great trade.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad